Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 02:47 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times

Advertisements

first of all OUR jails are probably more humane/better than the hotel systems in many county's....
surely you must realize that political rhetoric is just that..a means to get at people emotions..
Edward Bernays discovered years and years ago that humans are in fact irrational and can be led and made to think just about anything..he disdainfully called this tactic "manufacturing consent"....

as a left leaning person i simply recognize the harm historically that has been done by pointing to ANY minority group and wish to point this out ...at this point having learned that for-profit companies are involved with these "detainment center"
i am interested in what POLITICAL connections these people have..
i myself dont listen to anybody who gets on the proverbial soapbox and gives speeches

Old 06-22-2019, 02:50 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I can't remember if someone said it here or I saw it on Twitter, but some moron was trying to say that AOC meant " ' concentration camps which were not the same as extermination camps...' ".

Some idiot mouth breathing brain damaged twit on the left actually said that. That's their excuse. "They aren't being killed, we aren't talking about extermination camps, we're talking about concentration camps..."

For all the screeching they do about Nazis and Hitler and accusing everyone of being such, you would think they would know a little bit more about Nazis and Hitler and everything that went with it.
Yup. They're trying to "defend" her idiocy by drawing a distinction between a Nazi death camp and a Nazi concentration camp. Besides the fact that many died in concentration camps from disease and starvation, the PURPOSE of the concentration camps was the support of the death camps: to exterminate all of Europe's Jews.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Obviously not - but...never forget...there's NO TOOTHPASTE or SOAP for the CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Obviously not - but...never forget...there's NO TOOTHPASTE or SOAP for the CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine the uproar if someone actually DID compare the treatment of slaves to the treatment of these migrants (who are free to leave anytime they wish)? We would hear (correctly) that to even attempt to draw a parallel is an insult....worse than an insult. And yet, liberals (it's exclusively liberals) are pushing back HARD against Jews who are insulted by such the outrageous comparison to Nazi concentration camps.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:54 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
What "bad" treatment? They got separated? BOO HOO! You think parents get to take their kids to prison with them? You do a crime, you're going to split up your family. Don't want that to happen? Don't commit a crime, INCLUDING the CRIME of illegally entering or attempting to enter the country. They put themselves in that situation, no one else.
Some of these people are fleeing conditions we cannot even fathom. There is no need to separate kids from the parents seeking amnesty. It is cruel, unnecessary & not what this country stands for. The cruel responses from angry people disgust me. BOO HOO is how many people feel when it is someone else in this situation but, boy would that change if they had to face what some of those trying to escape have. These are kids don't forget that.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Since liberals think that the way the migrants are being treated - in air-conditioned facilities, with three meals a day, toys and a soccer field for the children, classes, and medical care - is parallel to the experience of the Jews in Nazi Germany's concentration camps, would you say that the migrants have it just as bad as the slaves did in the pre-Civil War South? Or would that comparison be.....oh, I don't know....AN INSULT?? Perhaps INSENSITIVE to the suffering of slaves?

Does Anyone Here Think the Migrants in Facilities Have it as Bad as the Slaves Did?
No, the slaves did not have the option to go back home.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Some of these people are fleeing conditions we cannot even fathom. There is no need to separate kids from the parents seeking amnesty. It is cruel, unnecessary & not what this country stands for. The cruel responses from angry people disgust me. BOO HOO is how many people feel when it is someone else in this situation but, boy would that change if they had to face what some of those trying to escape have. These are kids don't forget that.
What cruel responses? Pointing out that going an overnight without toothpaste is not as bad as being marched into the gas chamber?

Stay on topic, or this thread will end up merged. The point is: comparing detained migrants (who came voluntarily) to slaves is just as abhorrent as comparing them to Nazi-era Jews in concentration camps. Yet for some reason, liberals are not making the slavery comparison, and why? Because it would be insulting to black people! Just as the other comparison is insulting to Jews. And yet, when I as a Jew have objected to the comparison, I have been met with the most vile language you can imagine.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Can you imagine the uproar if someone actually DID compare the treatment of slaves to the treatment of these migrants (who are free to leave anytime they wish)? We would hear (correctly) that to even attempt to draw a parallel is an insult....worse than an insult. And yet, liberals (it's exclusively liberals) are pushing back HARD against Jews who are insulted by such the outrageous comparison to Nazi concentration camps.
I hope the loons on the far left are stupid enough to draw such a comparison. Being blasted by the masses might shut them up for a while.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I hope the loons on the far left are stupid enough to draw such a comparison. Being blasted by the masses might shut them up for a while.
Except they won't. They realize how insulting that would be to black people.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:12 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:
What "bad" treatment? They got separated? BOO HOO! You think parents get to take their kids to prison with them? You do a crime, you're going to split up your family. Don't want that to happen? Don't commit a crime, INCLUDING the CRIME of illegally entering or attempting to enter the country. They put themselves in that situation, no one else.

Did the 2 months-old commit a crime ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies