Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 04:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Since liberals think that the way the migrants are being treated - in air-conditioned facilities, with three meals a day, toys and a soccer field for the children, classes, and medical care - is parallel to the experience of the Jews in Nazi Germany's concentration camps, would you say that the migrants have it just as bad as the slaves did in the pre-Civil War South? Or would that comparison be.....oh, I don't know....AN INSULT?? Perhaps INSENSITIVE to the suffering of slaves?
So . . better than slavery is the bar? Let's aim higher.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:13 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Yup. They're trying to "defend" her idiocy by drawing a distinction between a Nazi death camp and a Nazi concentration camp. Besides the fact that many died in concentration camps from disease and starvation, the PURPOSE of the concentration camps was the support of the death camps: to exterminate all of Europe's Jews.

Just when you think that the wailing, wild, unfounded accusations and false equivalencies that the left keep coming up with can't possibly get any more ridiculous.......

They prove you wrong.

Every time.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:03 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Posters like the OP and others in this thread have made it clear that they don't care. They don't even think of these refugees as human beings. It makes it easier to denigrate them and jeer at them for fighting so hard to survive.

There but for the grace of God go I. You would think some of these pretend religious people would remember that, but they all think they will be blessed forever with good luck, so they don't have to worry about those who are born into horrific situations not of their making. Too bad, so sad, who cares?

If these were Jewish people fleeing horrific conditions the OP would be accusing everybody who sought to keep them out of being anti-Semitic. You can take that to the bank.
You might be touching a sensitive subject here. Didn't the US refuse thousands of jewish refugees pre and during WWII?

Old 06-22-2019, 06:10 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
And this ^^^ is an example of what I was talking about. If a Jew (or anyone) dares point out that there is no comparison between the horrors of the Nazi concentration camps and the migrant detention facilities, you can count on a seething liberal to come out and accuse him or her of being an awful human being who doesn't care about anyone and only "pretends" to be religious. (Whatever that means....)

Thanks for making my point: that the liberal narrative, insulting as it is, is that the detention facilities are comparable to Nazi concentration camps, and any Jew who points out that such a comparison in insulting to Jews will be attacked personally.
Stop with the theatrics. I never once said these facilities are comparable to a Nazi concentration camp. That's your usual ridiculous hysterics kicking in.

Why should it be about who had it worse? I'm talking about your seeming lack of empathy for these people, many of whom are fleeing from horrific, life or death situations. It seems like something you of all people should be able to identify with and express empathy for.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 06-22-2019 at 06:39 PM..

Old 06-22-2019, 06:10 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
I remember being on a plantation tour in Louisiana where the property had a doctors office on site, and the guide pointed out they did have free health care back then!!!!!

Old 06-22-2019, 06:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
No. And I think people sneaking in should be a little uncomfortable to discourage them from sneaking in again after they get sent home.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:31 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Did the 2 months-old commit a crime ?
Did the 2 months old of American law breakers commit a crime? No, but does that mean they should be jailed with their parents?

Old 06-22-2019, 06:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
A better question would be is life better for illegals in the facilities than it was where they came from?
It must be, they keep coming here knowing where they will be sent. Personally I have 0 sympathy for them and I don't buy the BS from the left that its horrible living in those camps. More to the point it is self inflicted.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:38 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Stop with the theatrics. I never once said these facilities are comparable to a Nazi concentration camp. That's your usual ridiculous hysterics kicking in.

Why should it be about who had it worse? I'm talking about your utter lack of empathy for these people, many of whom are fleeing from horrific, life or death situations. It seems like something you of all people should be able to identify with and express empathy for.
Your attacking me as having "ridiculous theatrics" and "an utter lack of empathy" because I won't go along with the liberal lie that the detention facilities are "concentration camps" is a personal attack that is not allowed.

These people are no more in a life or death situations than some of the urban poor in American cities like East St. Louis. ( Where is your empathy for them?) Their economic situation does not qualify them for asylum. They can apply for entrance just like my relatives did, poor as they were. But the idea that they should come here, 20,000 a week and overwhelm our system, is not acceptable.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:41 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Your attacking me as having "an utter lack of empathy" because I won't go along with the liberal lie that the detention facilities are "concentration camps" is a personal attack that is not allowed.
My apologies.. I went back and edited my post at the same time you posted this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies