Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 07:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I provided a direct quote from the lawsuit in post 84.
How about the link where you got those direct quotes from?

Old 06-23-2019, 08:26 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Nothing stops you from sending your miney, but i guess volunteering other people's money is easier for you.
There are no assurances that our money will be used for this purpose. I don't trust this administration. At all.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There are no assurances that our money will be used for this purpose. I don't trust this administration. At all.
Probably will be used to fund yet another million dollar weekend golf excursion by trump.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I see a lot of cuts in the video so we DON"T know ALL that was said.

No surprise! A common thing done all the time.
The full one is posted on #25.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:56 PM

2,005 posts, read 761,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How about we take care of those that are detained by the trump administration without proper sanitation and care? Please tell us why you don't want to help those children.
For two years Trump has been Preaching there is a crisis at the border, and he has consistently been bashed. Record numbers of families and children have been showing up. The system is over saturated right now. After a hurricane do you expect to get the same level of service from state,county, city services as when there is no crisis, nope. This is no different.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:10 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
I don't see why we can't be tough on border security and take action to improve it while simultaneously treating especially the youngest who are at the border - who did not ask to come here - with some modicum of decency we would wish for our own children were they ever in need. Toothbrushes and a cot to sleep on is not what's going to break the bank. And again, you can do that while still enforcing more border security.

I don't see how conservatives can support things like this and then have the gall to show up in churches and righteously call themselves people of God.

In short, I don't understand why we as Americans have to be spiteful trolls when instead we could be honorable people. I guess only conservatives get that.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Getting paid $715 a day, per child, and they can't provide what any parent on here would expect to be taken care of when they send their kids off to an overnight, or summer camp. Wonderful.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1Q3261

I just love all the people that want to say that the USA is a "Christian Nation", lol. What a joke.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:19 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why don't we start at the beginning and ask why they aren't coming here with those items ?

If they are necessary to life why aren't they arriving with them ?
A gunman is coming to your house to shoot you. Are you going to grab your toothbrush, before you flee?
We should know better, at least, we're suppose to know better.

Time for Americans Living in Mexico to Go Home?

"One could argue that Mexico has every right to send Americans home as Trump continues to vilify Mexico and Central American migrants who want to get into the United States. Yet Mexico is embracing them. As many migrants in the United States face down hostilities and animosities from some Americans, the experience of Americans here in Mexico tends to be quite different.'

Old 06-23-2019, 10:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
This is shameful! If this is what makes America great again, I am, for the first time in my life, ashamed to be an American.
I've been ashamed since Clinton was in the WH ... There's a word, 'respect' and each year fewer people seem to know the meaning. Every election since his, I think, we'll do better next time; next time hasn't come yet. I'm beginning to believe, it never will.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:02 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
WTH does your post mean? Here is the entire hearing uncut and unscripted. Watch so that your head gets out of the sand! Are you just another, self-proclaimed, pro-life advocate that doesn't care about the mistreatment of children?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2GkDz9yEJA
Maybe you should watch it.

These moronic judges (San Fran?) are comparing American homeless to illegals. Detained illegals. ILLEGALS.

Sleep with the lights on? Might NOT have a toothbrush or soap for a day?

The HORROR!!!

Sleep is some constitutional right so the old lady judge with a bad wig suggests?

They are ILLEGAL, they have NO constitutional "rights".

GTFO.

You can't make the never-ending liberal Trump hate stupid up.

Where was the issue when Barry Obama had the same going on at the border, while he was sitting POTUS? Didn't bother you liberals then, now did it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies