Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 05:32 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I find it interesting that the posters with the most callous attitudes towards these children tend to consider themselves "Christians". But it's nice to see them show their true colors. No more of this "Suffer the little children to come to me" crap.
I've often wondered how it is a Conservative Christian can be the way they are, however, I have found it is in the way people 'interpret' the Holy Bible that will depict in which way the wind will blow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It is interesting that you expressed no concern when the Obama administration was being sued for keeping these children in deplorable conditions, even worse than this. It’s nice to see your true colors.

This thread is full of self righteous, dishonest hypocrites.
Quote:
It is interesting that you expressed no concern when the Obama administration was being sued
I'm not sure they knew. Liberal media will keep attention to ^ that on the down low; conservative media also will keep it on the down low, both for different reasons. The liberal does not want to shine the light on tyranny. The conservative want their voters to believe that only a conservative can be tough on immigration.

An old thread pointing to the general knowledge of Obama and the belief that he was not tough on immigration; my post and dialogue here: Straw Men arguments as I was trying to point out, yes Obama was tough when it came to illegals crossing the boarder. People doubted the claim.

To date it is said that the number of deportations under Obama are greater than those under the current administration.

Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers

If you ask me, Trump is growing the private incarceration facilities and using the illegals to do it.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

Laura Bush has spoke out against this situation. Melania, meanwhile, spends her time buying designer clothes and lounging at resorts.

Quote:
-Former first lady Laura Bush has criticized the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy that has seen nearly 2,000 children separated from their parents in two months.
-Bush, who rarely speaks out on politics, wrote an op-ed in The Washington Post on Sunday.
-The wife of former president George W. Bush called the policy "cruel," "immoral," and said it "breaks my heart."
-Bush said the policy is reminiscent of the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II which is now considered "one of the most shameful episodes in US history."
https://www.businessinsider.com/laur...immoral-2018-6

Old 06-25-2019, 05:37 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Sarah Fabian defended herself to her friends on FaceBook.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...grant-n1021771

Old 06-25-2019, 05:39 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Interesting twist on this tale of how we are payin $750/day for each child to be mistreated.

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1143640141103341569

Old 06-25-2019, 05:54 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Interesting twist on this tale of how we are payin $750/day for each child to be mistreated.

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1143640141103341569
This is not a twist. This was the plan all along.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:47 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I have a heart for children even if I don't get a "heavenly reward." My concern in genuine.
These bible trumpers have hearts of stone. They wouldn't urinate on those kids if they were on fire.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:04 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,805,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Unbelievable, but we're the bad guys for not being able to handle that many all at once with all the comforts of home. That doesn't even include the number of kids being brought here as part of a family unit.
I'd say you're horribly incompetent if you can't provide a child a a bed and soap at the $750/day of taxpayer money spent on child. This says more about you than anything else.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:10 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I'd say you're horribly incompetent if you can't provide a child a a bed and soap at the $750/day of taxpayer money spent on child. This says more about you than anything else.
You mean horribly GREEDY - and yes, that says a lot about their character.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Democrats can't make sure those funds go to alleviate the crisis at the border? You are merely making biased speculations because you don't want to hold the Democrats responsible and you just hate Trump obviously by your juvenile description of him. Since you think the funds would be misused then what is your solution? Private childcare facilities? WTH when did we become Fort Knox?
So why didn't someone (Republicans?) become aware of it during all those years of Obama's administration? Did they not care? Were the Republicans glad?

Actually I wouldn't doubt either of those possibilities, but much more likely is that management has greatly changed over these years and the neglect has become obvious with that mismanagement - no doubt at the facilities themselves as well as at much higher levels. Overcrowding and profiteering all in the name of greed.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:19 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I haven't found anywhere that Herod was Roman, rather from the Judea area, born of a Judean-area father. He was granted domain over the area by the Romans, yes. I just think it's a bad allegory you're using. Happy to admit when I'm wrong and move back to the topic whenever you are.
Herod was a Roman citizen, which reflected his social and legal status rather than his ethnicity. The Apostle Paul was also a Roman citizen - as well as being a Jew. Roman citizens had privileges denied to others in the Roman Empire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies