Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 08:20 AM

25,903 posts, read 24,626,954 times

Advertisements

So, I was reading this article on all those conflicts the US has provoked over the decades, the 20 to 30 million dead people and hundreds of million of injured people resulting from those US wars and schemes...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has...war-ii/5492051

Funny, Hollywood is incessantly spitting out those trashy Marvel and other movies that, in their simplistic way, deal with good vs evil, and of course good always prevails.

But it's all just part of the facade of a rogue state, that started long before the current administration.

Even Pompeo admits it:
"MIKE POMPEO: But in terms of how you think about problem sets, I – when I was a cadet, what’s the first – what’s the cadet motto at West Point? You will not lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate those who do. I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. (Laughter.) It’s – it was like – we had entire training courses. (Applause.)"

Makes me wonder, are Americans in denial or do they simply not know or care about their governments', or rather regimes' rogue actions decade after decade? Or even worse, do they support them?

As it says in the link above:

"It is essential that Americans learn more about this topic so that they can begin to understand the pain that others feel. Someone once observed that the Germans during WWII “chose not to know.” We cannot allow history to say this about our country. The question posed above was “How many September 11ths has the United States caused in other nations since WWII?” The answer is: possibly 10,000."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 08:52 AM

19,685 posts, read 10,019,189 times
We destroyed the governments in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, which led to the deaths of several hundred thousand, displaced hundreds of thousands more, and then complain when they want to get away from it.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:07 AM

25,391 posts, read 17,072,552 times
Next, we will be blamed for destroying Venezuela.
But only by the usual nutcase posters and bloggers.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:09 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,496,037 times
Switch from globalism to nationalism where we mind our own busines.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:10 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,699,678 times
oh gee another hit piece on how bad the US is to the rest of the world, never mind that it is loaded with falacies and presumptions by the author. typical that there just enough truth in the article to make it seem legitimate on the surface.

i will also note that articles like this come out when republicans hold the white house, but rarely if ever when democrats hold the white house, making the suggestion that it is republicans that are the evil killers of the world.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:12 AM

19,685 posts, read 10,019,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Our CIA overthrew the democratically elected governments in Guatemala and Honduras and propped up the dictator in El Salvador. That is fact, they don't deny it. It is even in the newer history books.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:14 AM

58,659 posts, read 26,957,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
So, I was reading this article on all those conflicts the US has provoked over the decades, the 20 to 30 million dead people and hundreds of million of injured people resulting from those US wars and schemes...

Funny, Hollywood is incessantly spitting out those trashy Marvel and other movies that, in their simplistic way, deal with good vs evil, and of course good always prevails.

But it's all just part of the facade of a rogue state, that started long before the current administration.

Even Pompeo admits it:
"MIKE POMPEO: But in terms of how you think about problem sets, I – when I was a cadet, what’s the first – what’s the cadet motto at West Point? You will not lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate those who do. I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. (Laughter.) It’s – it was like – we had entire training courses. (Applause.)"

Makes me wonder, are Americans in denial or do they simply not know or care about their governments', or rather regimes' rogue actions decade after decade? Or even worse, do they support them?

"It is essential that Americans learn more about this topic so that they can begin to understand the pain that others feel. Someone once observed that the Germans during WWII “chose not to know.” We cannot allow history to say this about our country. The question posed above was “How many September 11ths has the United States caused in other nations since WWII?” The answer is: possibly 10,000."
"The US - a rogue state by any other name"

You are FREE to leave any time. Good luck in finding a better country.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh gee another hit piece on how bad the US is to the rest of the world, never mind that it is loaded with falacies and presumptions by the author. typical that there just enough truth in the article to make it seem legitimate on the surface.

i will also note that articles like this come out when republicans hold the white house, but rarely if ever when democrats hold the white house, making the suggestion that it is republicans that are the evil killers of the world.
I did not say anything about Republicans. In fact, Obama was also a sleazy guy responsible for the death of many innocent civilians.

Clinton supported a coup in Latin America that has lead to poverty, violence, and mass emigration.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Indeed, Venezuela would already be recovering without the sanctions. The UN also said that the US sanctions are largely to blame for the humanitarian crises in Venezuela. Meanwhile the US-backed parallel president of Venezuela seems to be involved in the embezzlement of $3m.

Sure, go ahead, shoot the messenger and stick your head into the sand

Old 06-23-2019, 09:28 AM

25,781 posts, read 16,411,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

Even Pompeo admits it:

Oh gee, you found an author who suffers from the same dementia you do. So happy for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies