Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2019, 09:48 AM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
head is spinning!

Again the democrats refuse to address the colleges and universities as big business. Refuse to address the root problem, skyrocketing edu costs!

It is insane to let borrowers off the hook and transfer their obligation to someone else. Talk about a slippery slope!

why doesn't Bernie address the student loan requirements and cost????

Democrats protect the edu conglomerate because edu has become the breeding ground of liberal activism and conversion. Bernie cries about the bail out of wall street and fails to recognize edu as big business. He essentially ensures edu will get their cash in a quid pro quo deal and guarantees edu's political support. Bernie doesn't care about the edu cost, he hopes it rises. More money to cement edu's loyalty!

If Bernie was a ship's captain and the boat was sinking, he would make no attempt to patch the hole, he would just keep bailing.

Democrats insist on nurturing problems and not solving them, all for political gain. human suffering is what they consider collateral damage and willingly sacrifice the people they pretend to help.

Next, Bernie will be handing out free ice cream from Ben and Jerry's.

Brooklyn Bernie disguised as a Vermonter, honeymooned in Moscow and not a peep about Bernie colluding with Russia.

Democrats must have invested huge amounts of money in band aid stock.
That couldn't have been said any better! Great post.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:50 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times
Karl Marx would be proud

Old 06-24-2019, 09:50 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Liberal for life here. Will not vote for Bernie.
Which other candidate does not take bribe money from Wall Street and big pharma then?

Or are we supposed to simply ignore it? Mainstream media wants us to ignore it for sure, and instead hype of the bribed candidates as "good at fundraising".

Old 06-24-2019, 09:51 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,394,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
People that are tens of thousands of dollars into debt amd have a negative net worth are financially vulnerable.
They picked the school(s), the major and the amount to borrow. If you borrow $100k for a degree that gets you a $30k a year job, I'm not that sympathetic.

My wife got her degree about 4 years ago. She did two years at the local community college, then two years at the local regional campus of the state system (as a commuter). Her starting salary was double the total education cost. I've heard two different 18 year olds balk when given the same advice, as it would rob them of the "college experience". So they'll go get the same degree at the bigger name school and pay double the tuition on top an additional $50k for dorm and meal plans expenses. We shouldn't reward bad, selfish decisions.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:52 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Advocating that our government provides relief to our country's most vulnerable citizens is the furthest thing from greedy and immoral.
What makes you think seniors living off their meager pensions, 401Ks, etc., aren't similarly vulnerable? THAT'S who Bernie wants to tax to pay for it. It's absurdly stupidly short-sighted and shows just how ignorant Bernie is.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:55 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Sanders proposal also includes providing free tuition at all schools, so no more debt accumulates. When I was in college, tuition was low enough that you could take a part-time class or two, as a form of recreation. So if it's all to be free, I think I'll do that again. Many millions of others will also want to do that, compounding the cost of the program considerably. Those of us who worked our way through college, living hand-to-mouth for years, need to be compensated for that. When all these people who should be in line for some type of tuition relief are accommodated, the government will be in so much debt, that the whole country will have its credit rating torpedoed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ber...ebt-in-america

This could spawn a whole cohort of "professional students" who just go to college forever on loans, then have them forgiven by Bernie. "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski would be a great candidate for these programs.

I really like libs, as I never talk to people who are out of their minds crazy. It is entertaining to hear what they think.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:55 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
They picked the school(s), the major and the amount to borrow. If you borrow $100k for a degree that gets you a $30k a year job, I'm not that sympathetic.

My wife got her degree about 4 years ago. She did two years at the local community college, then two years at the local regional campus of the state system (as a commuter). Her starting salary was double the total education cost. I've heard two different 18 year olds balk when given the same advice, as it would rob them of the "college experience". So they'll go get the same degree at the bigger name school and pay double the tuition on top an additional $50k for dorm and meal plans expenses. We shouldn't reward bad, selfish decisions.
Are you really sure that "selfish decisions by kids" is the reason why a university degree costs more than ten times as much today as in the 1970s?

Old 06-24-2019, 09:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This could spawn a whole cohort of "professional students" who just go to college forever on loans, then have them forgiven by Bernie. "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski would be a great candidate for these programs.

I really like libs, as I never talk to people who are out of their minds crazy. It is entertaining to hear what they think.
How would these professional students eat? Do they not want to start families? Turn off the movies and think about the real world.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:59 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Mississippi. That state does nothing to help itself, just continues to take from others. When is Mississippi going to lure in industry, facilitate growth, or give some tax incentives to get a tech company there.

The government of Mississippi seems content on letting other states pay their way. They also create a state dependency on their citizens due to their inability to attract industries that provide jobs. There is more teet sucking in Mississippi than on a dairy farm.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:00 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Do you build more colleges for the extra demand and who pays for that ?

Or do you restrict "Free" to only the top students. That would open up lawsuits for discrimination.

How about the 60% who drop out and never finish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies