Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM

17,363 posts, read 9,189,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
What's interesting to me is that hatred for the current occupant of the oval office has the potential to produce future returns exceedingly more consequential and frightening than the aforementioned occupant's distasteful personality.
Pay Attention ..... none of it anything at all to do with the "current occupant of the Oval Office" -

It's ALL about those who DARED to vote for an Outsider, the "hatred" is toward the American Citizen Voters who didn't do what the Leftists (and Anti-Trump GOP Establishment) told them they MUST do .....
Vote for a Leftist. A woman who was KNOWN to risk our National Security to avoid detection.

It's NOT about Donald Trump ..... it's all about the hatred toward the Fed-Up crowd that defied both Republican and Democrat Establishment Elitists whose ONLY "job" is to enrich themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 05:38 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,137,807 times
Nope. I find the party obnoxious as hell, almost as much as the Republican Party. It’s just had the latter is worse in so many ways.

So far I can’t take any of the Democratic candidates seriously though.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:53 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,589,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Nope. I find the party obnoxious as hell, almost as much as the Republican Party. It’s just had the latter is worse in so many ways.

So far I can’t take any of the Democratic candidates seriously though.
Right. Absolutely no message of unity or hope. Just trash talk and identity politics

Old 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM

15,590 posts, read 10,327,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Pay Attention ..... none of it anything at all to do with the "current occupant of the Oval Office" -

It's ALL about those who DARED to vote for an Outsider, the "hatred" is toward the American Citizen Voters who didn't do what the Leftists (and Anti-Trump GOP Establishment) told them they MUST do .....
Vote for a Leftist. A woman who was KNOWN to risk our National Security to avoid detection.

It's NOT about Donald Trump ..... it's all about the hatred toward the Fed-Up crowd that defied both Republican and Democrat Establishment Elitists whose ONLY "job" is to enrich themselves.
amen, kibby.

any republican sitting in the oval office would have received the same hysterical treatment by the left as trump has received. the 'resistance' is not about trump. the leftists hate anyone who won't agree with them and do what they say and will use any means to threaten and intimidate those who refuse. scary times...these.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-24-2019 at 07:24 PM..

Old 06-24-2019, 07:40 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,587,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
amen, kibby.

any republican sitting in the oval office would have received the same hysterical treatment by the left as trump has received. the 'resistance' is not about trump. the leftists hate anyone who won't agree with them and do what they say and will use any means to threaten and intimidate those who refuse. scary times...these.
I don't believe that. Trump has done nothing but divide the nation and during his re-election campaign speech he made no effort to appeal to anybody but his base.
Trump is not going to be re-elected if he doesn't broaden his outreach to others.
Do you realize that Trump won the Electoral college by only 80,000 votes across 3 midwestern states?

As for the current batch of Dem candidates running I'm not concerned about what they are promoting at this time because over the next year a lot of their ideas will fall by the wayside as a front runner emerges.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:47 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,589,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I don't believe that. Trump has done nothing but divide the nation and during his re-election campaign speech he made no effort to appeal to anybody but his base.
Trump is not going to be re-elected if he doesn't broaden his outreach to others.
Do you realize that Trump won the Electoral college by only 80,000 votes across 3 midwestern states?

As for the current batch of Dem candidates running I'm not concerned about what they are promoting at this time because over the next year a lot of their ideas will fall by the wayside as a front runner emerges.
"nothing but divide" huh? Examples?

Quote:
made no effort to appeal to anybody but his base.
Um..his "base" is the American people.

Quote:
I'm not concerned about what they are promoting at this time because over the next year a lot of their ideas will fall by the wayside as a front runner emerges
Do you realize what you are saying? Are you admitting that the dims have no consistent message? That the minute they figure people dont like their message, they will simply abandon their core principles for the cause of the week? Wow..just..wow

Old 06-24-2019, 11:32 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,770,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Um..his "base" is the American people.
White, straight, evangelical Christian Americans who believe in patriarchal social order (men head of the household, women submit). If you don't check off those boxes, you aren't even an American in Trumpland.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:11 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,652,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
...any republican sitting in the oval office would have received the same hysterical treatment by the left as trump has received. the 'resistance' is not about trump. the leftists hate anyone who won't agree with them and do what they say and will use any means to threaten and intimidate those who refuse. scary times...these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
That's right.

I do not agree either that any Republican would have created the same sort of reaction. I believe I could have coped just fine if another Republican having competed with him for the nomination would have become president. Having been experienced politicians and adults, they would not have created such chaos and have been focused upon their job.

This on the other hand has been a mistake of huge proportions, never experiencing anything like it prior, having been exhausting and a waste of time for all. Scary times, indeed.

Unlike some Conservative thinkers, others do not lump everyone into a category just due to being from a particular party, but look at what they might accomplish, their character, what positive aspects may exist, which in the current instance is not applicable.

Though some may think or say what they will, Democrats are preparing and all signs lead to there being a change for the better.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 06-25-2019 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: Adjustment, addition.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:04 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,324,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
White, straight, evangelical Christian Americans who believe in patriarchal social order (men head of the household, women submit). If you don't check off those boxes, you aren't even an American in Trumpland.
Oh, I'm very much American...but don't assume that all Trump supporters are "evangelical Christian Americans". I'm an LLL myself (long lapsed Lutheran).

As far as DH being the "head of the household" and me "submitting"...LOL, now THAT's rich. My fellow Trump supporting women friends will guffaw when I tell them THAT one.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:07 AM

16,955 posts, read 12,525,034 times
DEMS ARE GOING TO WIN!!!!! for Trump in 2020.

Mrs Skeff. IM TELLING YOUR HUBBY! lol.

Bawac is a very much left of center in the middle of church country OK. HE REALLY NEEDS TO MOVE. BAWAC move. Dude Im not being mean. This would be like T310 or Tall Traveller moving to Castro Street in SF. You are clearly in the wrong place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies