Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:28 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
more in touch eh?

Last I checked, the average voter does NOT want:

Amnesty for millions of illegal aliens
Major tax increases
late term abortion
Reparations
UN dictating US policy
Sharia law
But, when the Republicans had the WH, House and Senate they did nothing to deport all the illegals already here. Trump is still not deporting any. Y'all will leave the DACA people in limbo for their whole lives.

This citizens thinks we need tax fairness. A flat rate for all people and businesses. No deductions for anything. It is not up to the government to subsidize choices. How I or any business decides to spend money should have nothing to do with taxes.

Way less than 2% of abortions are in the last 2 trimesters. There is something wrong. DO you really think a women would stay pregnant for 8 months and the abort? That is a big red herring.

Nobody even knows what any reparations proposal looks like. Another red herring.

Since when has the UN been dictating US policy? We will be kissing their asses if Trump starts a war with Iran and is looking for help.

The only Sharia law I see comes from the religious right wing of the USA political spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 09:31 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes because as we all know, Democrats are SO much better on the economy......fiscal Hawks that they are.....
Who lied to the congress and the citizens to get us into Iraq?

Who then cut taxes?

Nearly 8 trillion in the hole later you have the nerve to opine on the right being frugal?

Old 06-25-2019, 10:14 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

Who then cut taxes?

Nearly 8 trillion in the hole later you have the nerve to opine on the right being frugal?
Hmm..wasnt it Obams who increased our unfunded liability by $10 trillion dollars? $10 TRILLION FREAKIN DOLLARS!!!!

Old 06-25-2019, 10:53 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Well if the Democrats follow the same formula that took back the house in 2018? Maybe the Senate and Presidency are next.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:

Who then cut taxes?

Republicans aren't much better in reality.....it's true.

They give lip service to fiscal responsibility, but when it comes to brass tacks , they spend just as much.

The difference being WHAT they spend it on.

But Democrats pretending to have any care whatsoever about fiscal responsibility is a joke that not even they believe when they try to tell it.

Republicans cut my taxes.

Democrats openly want to raise them and spend them on things that, for the most part, I don't agree with.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:57 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:

The only Sharia law I see comes from the religious right wing of the USA political spectrum.
This. We are currently living in a very dangerous time in America. The dominant party in the US holds the position that the Bible supersedes the US Constitution when it comes to our laws. So many liberals I know still underestimate the religious right but we are really one national crisis from 'A Handmaid's Tale' becoming a reality.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Beautiful chaos:
- Lowest unemployment in 50 years
- Stock market super strong
- Peace and prosperity
- Great Justices and Judges
- America first
- Immigration laws not flaunted
- Lying media held accountable
- Laughing at TDS displays daily

Nailed it.

Democrats? = Concentration Camps, Illegal Aliens, War, World Ends in 10 Years, Reparations

Old 06-25-2019, 03:15 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Tell that to the kids held in the detention camps. I've been hearing horror stories. So for some, yes, indeed, the sky is falling.

That being said, I don't think even that is enough to get people to do anything about the current dumpster fire in the White House. Especially when I see reactions on this forum to kids living in deplorable conditions right on our own soil, when some of the only responses I get are send them back to where they came from. As if children know where they came from. But if that is how so many feel, then re-electing Trump would not surprise me at all.
But the $64,000 question is: Did you actually go down there and witness it for yourself? Not only that but nobody invited these illegal invaders into the United States. Their children are being used as pawns and these illegal invaders are using them for their own advantage. Knowing full well the conditions they may be subjecting them to. They are the one's responsible for the welfare of the children, some of which are not even their own, not the citizens of the United States.

The illegal invaders chose to violate our immigration laws and storm our borders by their own volition. They've given the citizens of this country the proverbial finger. Whatever situation they find themselves in because of that is their own God damn fault not ours. If a criminal breaks into your home, trips and falls while stealing your belongings who's at fault you or the criminal? The United States of America can not become the world's dumping ground for its indigent populations.

Indeed that's how I feel about the situation and if Trump is successful in closing the border and ridding this country of the illegal invaders. Then I will more than enthusiastically vote for him a second time. Regardless of what you think about me or anyone else who feels the same as I do.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This. We are currently living in a very dangerous time in America. The dominant party in the US holds the position that the Bible supersedes the US Constitution when it comes to our laws. So many liberals I know still underestimate the religious right but we are really one national crisis from 'A Handmaid's Tale' becoming a reality.
Have to agree. Trump, who never went to church or prayed in his life became a raging evangelist overnight. It is actually kind of hilarious if you know anything at all about Trump's past.

He now says he is in favor of bible classes in school. Sure he is--I can guarantee you that Barron will not be enrolled in bible classes.

His immorality and false idolatry belie any real religious beliefs.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:37 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Tell that to the kids held in the detention camps. I've been hearing horror stories. So for some, yes, indeed, the sky is falling.

They can leave those camps and go back home.

What kind of parents would bring their kids there if it's so horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies