Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 09:28 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't think it's Americans.

More like Trumplings.

They're very susceptible to tRump's BS, which is fed to them via twitter, Fox News and hate radio.

That said, Iran has been a bad actor for decades. But I and millions of others are skeptical of this current "crisis."

tRump's pals the Saudis want him to turn the screws on 'em, is what I think,

Are you talking about the Trump supporters who are glad we aren't now at war with Iran???

Nap time, Gramps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 11:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Those interviewed in the video showed all had positive or semi ambivalent feelings about Iranian people, but called out the Iranian govt.

OK.

What interviews didnt they show?

I lived in Israel myself for several years, on the western side by the sea in a city called Herzliya, I worked in Tel Aviv. Everybody in those interviews, by dress and accents certianly seemed to be from the same area I had lived in. Even while rockets were raining down from Gaza and the Golan Heights in 2014 when I lived there, Israelis from that part of Israel (western) had the same type of attitudes toward Palestinians as they do toward Iranians in the video. They thought most of the people are trapped but decent, but their govt sucks (I did not necessarily agree though on a personal level).

Go to eastern Israel near the west bank, and around Jerusalem, the tone certianly changed. Same tiny country, different attitudes.

I suspect it may be the same regarding Iran (Israelis everywhere know Iranian ordance and technology is being used against them by Gaza, from the west bank and even from Lebanon)

So much for the video, IMO.

I also highly suspect that many Americans that see the video here, and tend to sympathize with the selected Israelis that were interviewed in it, would also agree with the BDS movement, although it's goal is to restrict or even crush Israelis in business trying to make a living.

That all said, I agree with the Israelis interviewed regarding most Iranian people. Decent people, their govt sucks. I also worked in Armenia often from 2014-1016, and met many decent Iranians while there.
Geezus Christ...first thing I said was that this isn’t a science experiment.

My point is that I’m pretty sure that these people are fairly representative of Israeli people overall. So why should Americans be more angry with Iran regarding Israel than these Israelis are? For what?

Uhh.. yeah. I know the Iranian government sucks. Ours isn’t all that great either.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Are you talking about the Trump supporters who are glad we aren't now at war with Iran???
Nope.

You've confused yourself.
Quote:
Nap time, Gramps.
Nighty-night, kid.

Sleep tight.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Iran is going to lose... I am not sure about your constant whining about what is inevitably going to happen... The real reason that you are upset is that Trump is going to be successful and you hate it... Iran has been a problem with the US for decades and they fund many anti-American activities... A country does that and you anti-Trumpers say you didn't see anything... Right... No US president has seen the problem with Iran before... And the US Intel for decades should be ignored now...
Trump is successful how -- by getting into a war with Iran?

What is the goal?

How is this a win for Trump?

'No US President has seen the problem with Iran before"? WOW -- there's a boat load of history to debunk that statement. Almost too much to even get started.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump is successful how -- by getting into a war with Iran?

What is the goal?

How is this a win for Trump?

'No US President has seen the problem with Iran before"? WOW -- there's a boat load of history to debunk that statement. Almost too much to even get started.
Exactly.

Trump is the actual PROBLEM with this Iran issue.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Exactly.

Trump is the actual PROBLEM with this Iran issue.

Indeed he is.

He tore up the multi-nation agreement, unilaterally reimposed sanctions (against the advice of our allies) and now he's going after Iran for not continuing to observe the restrictions on their nuke program.

But his Saudi pals approve.

Kinda like blaming the snake you stepped on for biting your ankle.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First I’ll concede right off the bat that OF COURSE this isn’t a scientific experiment and I’m not claiming that this proves anything scientifically.

That said, a guy, presumably an Israeli, goes around asking random people what they think about Iran and Iranians in general. The responses were quite telling.

For one, I’m at least slightly bemused at how dispassionate Israelis are about Iran in this clip. None seem to harbor any real animus toward Iran or the Iranian people. A few have something to say about the Iranian government that’s certainly dispositive, but no vehemence was displayed even in those comments. Nearly all say that they have nothing against the Iranian people, and the ones that had casual contact with Iranians at some point or another seemed to come away with positive feelings. And I was also struck by the comments encouraging Iranians to come visit Israel. None of these people feel threatened from what I can see.

Keep in mind that unlike Americans, who live in a nation with huge oceans on each side and no threats within thousands of miles, Israelis don’t live in a bubble. They are acutely aware of their surroundings and their hemisphere. Their lives depend on it. Yet, here they are sounding very equanimous about their so called biggest foe...according to OUR media and government.

So I have to wonder, why are Americans carrying more hostility towards Iran over Israel than Israelis themselves? What’s that all about?

At least a few former members and maybe even a few present members of Israel’s intelligence apparatus have said that Iran isn’t a threat and this whole thing is being pushed way outta proportion.

So what’s this all about? Why do Americans feel the need to put on a cape for non Americans. It hasn’t missed me that the two ships that were attacked were Japanese and Norwegian, and yet those nations have said absolutely NOTHING hostile relative to Iran? So why is it our job to get angry for them? What’s behind this whole “we’ve gotta get Iran” nonsense that’s so pervasive in the conservative American mentality? And don’t say that it’s got nothing to do with conservatism because Fox News is pushing this narrative super hard. :

Americans are some of the most brainwashed people on earth. Israelis along with most people in the Middle East are at least keen enough to see politics and propaganda for what it really is. Americans fully buy the lies hook line and sinker.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Americans are some of the most brainwashed people on earth. Israelis along with most people in the Middle East are at least keen enough to see politics and propaganda for what it really is. Americans fully buy the lies hook line and sinker.
Yep. The gullibility of Americans knows no bounds.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:32 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Indeed he is.

He tore up the multi-nation agreement, unilaterally reimposed sanctions (against the advice of our allies) and now he's going after Iran for not continuing to observe the restrictions on their nuke program.

But his Saudi pals approve.

Kinda like blaming the snake you stepped on for biting your ankle.

Trump is sucking up to the Saudis. That his minions are loving it is an added bonus.

Hard to believe he came within minutes of launch a strike, "cocked and loaded," and Congress isn't taking any steps to prevent this from actually happening.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump is sucking up to the Saudis. That his minions are loving it is an added bonus.

Hard to believe he came within minutes of launch a strike, "cocked and loaded," and Congress isn't taking any steps to prevent this from actually happening.
Lol...I don’t believe that he was within minutes of a strike either. He was never gonna pull that trigger. He’s the very definition of scared!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies