Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 08:00 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

A sort of related, European public restroom story. A month ago, I took the wife and kids to Paris, and while walking around the Champs-Élysées, I realized I had to use the restroom. I saw a sign for McDonalds, so I figured I would use the bathroom there. When I found where they keep the restrooms, there was a long line of only women. I shrugged my shoulders and stood on line.

One of the women tapped me and pointed to urinals on the wall, right out there in the open where the women were on line. Then some guy came in and used one of the urinals, right there in front of everyone, and nobody thought anything weird about it. So I figured “when in Rome”, and I used the urinal too, and was on my way.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:06 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Women can be very demanding when it comes to the bathroom. I was at a concert at Red Rocks (outside of Denver), and it was of course crowded. Of course the lines to the women's bathroom were long, so some of them decided to just use the Men's room. I found it odd to have women rambling around behind me while at the urinal. They all seemed to think it was a big joke, and were laughing and having a good ole time. What if men had done that to them? No I did not feel "violated", but that thought did go through my mind.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:09 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A sort of related, European public restroom story. A month ago, I took the wife and kids to Paris, and while walking around the Champs-Élysées, I realized I had to use the restroom. I saw a sign for McDonalds, so I figured I would use the bathroom there. When I found where they keep the restrooms, there was a long line of only women. I shrugged my shoulders and stood on line.

One of the women tapped me and pointed to urinals on the wall, right out there in the open where the women were on line. Then some guy came in and used one of the urinals, right there in front of everyone, and nobody thought anything weird about it. So I figured “when in Rome”, and I used the urinal too, and was on my way.
Ahhhh. I have penis envy now.
Its either lady Jane or Depends.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:12 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Women can be very demanding when it comes to the bathroom. I was at a concert at Red Rocks (outside of Denver), and it was of course crowded. Of course the lines to the women's bathroom were long, so some of them decided to just use the Men's room. I found it odd to have women rambling around behind me while at the urinal. They all seemed to think it was a big joke, and were laughing and having a good ole time. What if men had done that to them? No I did not feel "violated", but that thought did go through my mind.
I’ve gone in men’s restrooms before in the past, no big deal. And I wouldn’t care if men used the womens. We’re all in stalls anyway, it’s not like you can see anything unless you’re actively looking & if you’re actively looking, you’re the one with the problem (you in the general sense).

Old 06-25-2019, 08:15 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
First, a joke.

A little girl and a little boy were on their first camping trip. While in the woods, the boy feels the urge, so he unzips and does his business. The little girl looks over and remarks, "Wow, that's a handy little gadget to have on a camping trip!"

But seriously, it isn't only feminists who get stuck in the ever-present long lines virtually everywhere you go. Yes, even those God fearing traditional women are stuck with biology that makes it less convenient and more time consuming to relieve ourselves.

This is a problem for women everywhere. It needs to be addressed.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:15 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
That doesn't sound like equality to me...

So basically, if you have enough space to build two equal sized restrooms... and each would ordinarily equally accommodate four stalls each, what these women are demanding is that men be given two stalls and women six stalls, because... "equality."
Let me know when men start getting periods, when they get pregnant, and when they get morning sickness from their pregnancies and then get back to me about the error in her reasoning. Women need to go to the bathroom more often and spend more time their for these reasons. And most of the time women are the ones who bring their small children to the bathroom too. And the also develop urinary incontinence more. So yes, she's exactly right.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I will say ONE thing in defense of making women’s bathrooms larger: children. Most small kids accompany Mom into public restrooms. More people = longer lines.
Male bathrooms don’t usually have diaper changing facilities.

It’s common to see females tending to young children potty in public facilities. Then there’s the young children who can take forever to relieve themselves while humming Twinkle- Twinkle.

And obviously it takes more time to take off your coat, pull down one’s pants, take care of business and WASH up afterwards.

At one point in time I had an office across from the men’s room. I spent a lot of time on the phone and during calls observed male peers entering/ exiting the bathroom. About half were in the process of unzipping before they entered. Given the elapsed time between entry/ exit and the absence of the audible hand drier, it was obvious most did not wash their hands afterwards.

Then there were the guys with a newspaper who were obviously going to settle in for a spell.

Don’t get me started about the guy who brought his lunch in with him every day and eventually departed sans the bag.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:19 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Let me know when men start getting periods, when they get pregnant, and when they get morning sickness from their pregnancies and then get back to me about the error in her reasoning. Women need to go to the bathroom more often and spend more time their for these reasons. And most of the time women are the ones who bring their small children to the bathroom too. And the also develop urinary incontinence more. So yes, she's exactly right.
Men don’t wait in lines for the bathroom because we go in there and do what needs to be done and leave. When women stop using it for a social center or to primp and fluff their hair then maybe they won’t wait in line.

Men don’t wait in line to go to the john

Old 06-25-2019, 08:21 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I will say that women get a bad deal with public restrooms.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Male bathrooms don’t usually have diaper changing facilities.

It’s common to see females tending to young children potty in public facilities. Then there’s the young children who can take forever to relieve themselves while humming Twinkle- Twinkle.

And obviously it takes more time to take off your coat, pull down one’s pants, take care of business and WASH up afterwards.

At one point in time I had an office across from the men’s room. I spent a lot of time on the phone and during calls observed male peers entering/ exiting the bathroom. About half were in the process of unzipping before they entered. Given the elapsed time between entry/ exit and the absence of the audible hand drier, it was obvious most did not wash their hands afterwards.

Then there were the guys with a newspaper who were obviously going to settle in for a spell.

Don’t get me started about the guy who brought his lunch in with him every day and eventually departed sans the bag.
So gross. My husband is a microchip engineer at one of the big tech companies and says he is mortified DAILY by the number of college-educated professional men he works with who use the restroom and walk out without washing their hands. It appalls him to think of these guys using group equipment, shaking hands, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies