Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:54 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,061,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Let me know when men start getting periods, when they get pregnant, and when they get morning sickness from their pregnancies and then get back to me about the error in her reasoning. Women need to go to the bathroom more often and spend more time their for these reasons. And most of the time women are the ones who bring their small children to the bathroom too. And the also develop urinary incontinence more. So yes, she's exactly right.
All the reasons why (amongst others) that they are considered the "weaker sex". BUT...EQUALITY (remember???....that thing women pushed for...until reality hit them square in the face and now strive to make "EQUALITY" really mean they get multiple unfair advantages) dictates that no matter our differences, we are equal in all ways!! (see how stupid that sounds) So...toughen up buttercup!...and stop your poor little me woman whining. You are woman...hear you meow....I mean roar...in numbers too big that should be ignored!! (I mean...in the interests of TRUE EQUALITY!!) LMAO!

Old 06-25-2019, 10:11 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,071,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You get it. That's why women's facilities should be at least twice as large as men's. And why this is not a feminist issue. It's an issue every woman in the world faces.
You can't modify existing toilets, and it won't really solve the problem because it will only make the female bathroom a little bit larger while making the male bathroom ridiculously small.

The real solution is female urinals.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:38 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
This snowflake thinks she's special by calling out something that has been going on as long as I've been alive.

Yes, ladies rooms lines are always longer than the men's room lines. It's always been that way, this is nothing new, and there's no one who can "fix" it except the ladies themselves.

I've stood in many lines, and you'll have some who get in and out really fast, and you have others who want to chit chat with their friend, who is next in line standing outside of the stall, and taking their sweet time about it.

Also, a lot of what ladies wear has a lot to do with it. Males don't have to do much more than unzip, while ladies may have to lift, unzip, pull down more than just pants but also their spanx or whatever else they have trying to hide whatever fat they think they need to hide, a variety of other garments they may have on, unfasten, unclip, whatever.

So, in addition to all the things that ladies wear, some of them treat the bathroom as a social gathering. I don't think guys do that all that much. From my understanding about the men's restroom, location is a big thing, always a space (if not the opposite end) between them and the other guy, they do their business, zip up, and leave - they don't stand at the mirror, crowding the restroom, they don't group in small circles to discuss that "hot guy" they just saw in the bar, or that "B" co-worker they have to deal with, or blabber on about their kids, etc.

The ladies line is long because of ladies, not because of any other reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A sort of related, European public restroom story. A month ago, I took the wife and kids to Paris, and while walking around the Champs-Élysées, I realized I had to use the restroom. I saw a sign for McDonalds, so I figured I would use the bathroom there. When I found where they keep the restrooms, there was a long line of only women. I shrugged my shoulders and stood on line.

One of the women tapped me and pointed to urinals on the wall, right out there in the open where the women were on line. Then some guy came in and used one of the urinals, right there in front of everyone, and nobody thought anything weird about it. So I figured “when in Rome”, and I used the urinal too, and was on my way.
This was one of those things that I never got used to in the 3 years I lived overseas. Apparently the rule was, as long as your back is to the public, you can pretty much go when and where you need to go. I saw plenty of males going standing in front of a wall with their back to traffic - and it was perfectly legal for them to do that.

Didn't mean I ever stopped staring with my mouth open the entire time.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:44 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL OP - guess gotta find something to complain about.

As a lady, I'll admit I've used men's bathrooms before. Especially when I had a potty training girl and she had to go and I didn't want to wait for her to pee her pants in the ladies line.

So I'd go in and cover her eyes and tell the men they have nothing to fear since I've seen enough penises in my life that theirs won't be anything I'm interested in and I took her to the toilet.

IMO there should just be one super large bathroom in airports and public places. A line of urinals, stalls galore and some changing tables. There's not reason IMO for 2 separate bathrooms.

But I'm probably too feminist or liberal for you all's taste. Honestly though I'd think it would be cheaper to just build one super large bathroom and it would cut down on lines and trying to find your friends/family afterwards in large public areas like airports and parks.

Too funny. I have used the men’s room a few times when I was younger but I definitely did not make a big deal about it, announcing to the men present that they have nothing to fear and that I’ve seen enough penises in my life that theirs won’t be anything I’m interested in. Quite frankly, saying something silly like that would just be weird.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:45 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,237,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I've stood in many lines, and you'll have some who get in and out really fast, and you have others who want to chit chat with their friend, who is next in line standing outside of the stall, and taking their sweet time about it.

Also, a lot of what ladies wear has a lot to do with it. Males don't have to do much more than unzip, while ladies may have to lift, unzip, pull down more than just pants but also their spanx or whatever else they have trying to hide whatever fat they think they need to hide, a variety of other garments they may have on, unfasten, unclip, whatever.

So, in addition to all the things that ladies wear, some of them treat the bathroom as a social gathering. I don't think guys do that all that much. From my understanding about the men's restroom, location is a big thing, always a space (if not the opposite end) between them and the other guy, they do their business, zip up, and leave - they don't stand at the mirror, crowding the restroom, they don't group in small circles to discuss that "hot guy" they just saw in the bar, or that "B" co-worker they have to deal with, or blabber on about their kids, etc.

The ladies line is long because of ladies, not because of any other reason.
I have stood in many lines, but I have never seen a line of people needing a toilet, an empty stall available, and the next in line just chit-chatting.

Time spent in bathroom /= time spent in stall.

I also fail to see how a urinal will help with menstrual needs.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
I have stood in many lines, but I have never seen a line of people needing a toilet, an empty stall available, and the next in line just chit-chatting.

Time spent in bathroom /= time spent in stall.

I also fail to see how a urinal will help with menstrual needs.
I said nothing of the sort. I stated, and gave examples as to why, only ladies can fix the problem. There is nothing that anyone else can do to fix the problem. Leave the chit chat for when you get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The bold is disgusting!!!

I also agree that oftentimes men are "out" before they go and don't even wash their hands. Ladies have their own issues in the bathroom (peeing on the seats/floor is the worse IMO) but I've never seen anyone go into the bathroom to eat - yuck!
I've never seen anyone take their lunch to the bathroom either, gross, but I have been witness (hearing) people talking to others on their cell phone while they are in there. I'll never forget a co-worker in the restroom one day. I was washing my hands, and she was in the stall, talking to her child's teacher WHILE she was going. That's pretty nasty - I'm sure that teacher enjoyed that.

Also, males are not the only guilty party when it comes to "not washing hands" afterwards. There was a reason I didn't participate in company potlucks at work.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,237,200 times
Quote:
I said nothing of the sort.
Yes you did. Here you go:

Quote:
you have others who want to chit chat with their friend, who is next in line standing outside of the stall, and taking their sweet time about it.
To continue...
Quote:
I stated, and gave examples as to why, only ladies can fix the problem. There is nothing that anyone else can do to fix the problem. Leave the chit chat for when you get out.
What examples? People chit-chatting by the mirror doesn't free up a stall.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Yes you did. Here you go:

To continue...

What examples? People chit-chatting by the mirror doesn't free up a stall.
I was talking about your last line - I said nothing about men's restrooms and ladies needing to clean up at that time of the month.

Let me help you out here with a little life lesson: YOUR experience is not "all experiences". When I say that I've witnessed what I've witnessed, you coming along and saying, "I've never seen that" doesn't make it untrue.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:11 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
We were at as Convention / Concert where the women's lines were longer then the mens.
It was late , the drinks had flowed and the women started coming in the men's rooms which were OK by me.

First thing they started doing was complaining about guys who left the seats up.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:12 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. They might touch up their makeup, however, I might point out that makeup wearing is often expected to meet an arbitrary standard of beauty imposed by men, right? I got a job requiring makeup wearing but, oddly, they didn't require the guys to wear it and didn't pay me more to wear it than they did the bare faced male employees So there's a double standard right there. Besides, since you are not a woman, how do you know what we do in restrooms and how long each task takes? I can assure you we do very little socializing. Bathrooms aren't exactly attractive social venues. Most of our time is spent peeing, pooping, changing bloody tampons, and trying to convince our sullen three year olds to "go potty for Mommy."
Lol, don't blame men for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies