Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:04 PM

260 posts, read 322,438 times

Advertisements

Of all the "homosexuality is threatening the sanctity of marriage" BS I hear from people, I hear it most from young white women (generally, attractive and popular---the sorority sister type). I find this to be blatantly ironic, because it's coming from the demographic cohort that drinks the most, swears the most and sleeps around like crazy. It's almost as if they hate the idea of being able to own every man on the market.

I'm a heterosexual male, and this baffles me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 10:06 PM

4,017 posts, read 2,694,903 times
Sometimes I wonder if they're convinced if same-sex marriage is outlawed again, Jim and John will shrug and say, "Well, we can't be a couple, guess we'll go straight and marry women instead!"

Old 06-25-2019, 10:10 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,686,526 times
Shrug. I've never noticed any younger white women who oppose same-sex marriage. But then I don't notice many older ones who oppose it either. Perhaps the phenomenon you observe is a function of where you live and/or who you know.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Sometimes I wonder if they're convinced if same-sex marriage is outlawed again, Jim and John will shrug and say, "Well, we can't be a couple, guess we'll go straight and marry women instead!"
Exactly what I was getting at. I noticed this too. Those chicks are boy-crazy and want to own every man who rates above a 7/10. So those of us who are below 7/10 in looks are left with no options. The women want nothing to do with us, and they don't want us to mingle around with each other either. They want us to wallow in our loneliness.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:11 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
Of all the "homosexuality is threatening the sanctity of marriage" BS I hear from people, I hear it most from young white women (generally, attractive and popular---the sorority sister type). I find this to be blatantly ironic, because it's coming from the demographic cohort that drinks the most, swears the most and sleeps around like crazy. It's almost as if they hate the idea of being able to own every man on the market.

I'm a heterosexual male, and this baffles me.
I think this is just your personal experience.

In my world, only the super religious folks are against same-sex marriage. (most of them keep it to themselves though)

Old 06-25-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Shrug. I've never noticed any younger white women who oppose same-sex marriage. But then I don't notice many older ones who oppose it either. Perhaps the phenomenon you observe is a function of where you live and/or who you know.
Locality matters, I guess. Perhaps, you hang around the book-smart youths (I am one of them). They tend to be more open-minded than athletes, cheerleaders, Greek Life types, etc.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Exactly what I was getting at. I noticed this too. Those chicks are boy-crazy and want to own every man who rates above a 7/10. So those of us who are below 7/10 in looks are left with no options. The women want nothing to do with us, and they don't want us to mingle around with each other either. They want us to wallow in our loneliness.
Or perhaps it's your sour attitude that warns them off? Many people don't like to date people who don't like their gender. Just a thought.

Also, maybe you should be looking at women who rate no more than 7/10 in looks. But I don't suppose that appeals to you, because you surely deserve a 10 yourself.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Locality matters, I guess. Perhaps, you hang around the book-smart youths (I am one of them). They tend to be more open-minded than athletes, cheerleaders, Greek Life types, etc.
Well then, that's where you should look.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Well then, that's where you should look.
Do you have a problem with the "book smart" crowd?

Old 06-25-2019, 10:20 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,423,575 times
Nowadays I don't know too many people of any age who really care about same-sex marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies