Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 08:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
This month especially it's like we're getting beat over the head with it. Instead of a hand held out in friendship it's more of a fist threatening to pummel us for any perceived wrong-think.
Do you have factual rational unbiased examples of this that you can provide?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:53 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Indeed-The LGBT community does not want acceptance- they want conquest and conversion.
...and that's where it gets confusing

The LGBT "community" is liberals...and not gay individuals

Their goal is to divide the country....throw as much extreme crap out there as they can.. accomplishes that

Their goal is not gay rights.....it's just a tool for them

Old 06-26-2019, 09:02 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and that's where it gets confusing

The LGBT "community" is liberals...and not gay individuals

Their goal is to divide the country....throw as much extreme crap out there as they can.. accomplishes that

Their goal is not gay rights.....it's just a tool for them
Same with all their other "causes". Purely to divide and create a more easily controlled populace.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:07 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Seems some posters are reading too much into this report. The report does show some decline in the "comfort level", but it also shows support for equality remains un-wavered. The decline in ally-ship could simply be once same sex marriage became law of the land people thought there was less need for pro-active ally-ship.

Here is the actual poll;
https://www.glaad.org/sites/default/...nce%202019.pdf

Old 06-26-2019, 09:12 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
They do not particularly like the TQ part of LGBTQ and somewhat resent the addition. They mostly just want to be left alone to live their lives.
I'm gay and this would be me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Not sure how many people are comfortable with the more activist end of the movement. The one that lets boys who ID as girls claim the number 1 and 2 spots in the CT state running championships for example.
A lot of us are not. But we aren't represented in the news media. We don't fit the agenda they want to promote. When Martina Navratalova (who's always been fairly outspoken in favor of liberal politics) spoke out about this sort of thing, they made her apologize. I wish she hadn't.

As I said in another post, we've all been made pawns in a much larger game. The introduction to that agenda is explained here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwZFURZaIWY&t=316s

Old 06-26-2019, 09:28 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I agree with Daniel, who posted in the comments section in response to the Yahoo article:

These surveys are reflecting the general exhaustion of the militant left's demands for celebration rather than tolerance. That the left cannot distinguish between the two without resorting to claims of hatred and bigotry will result in further erosion of what they see as acceptance. That will lead to further militarization among the left's radicals and further exhaustion among the majority of Americans.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:31 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I agree with Daniel, who posted in the comments section in response to the Yahoo article:

These surveys are reflecting the general exhaustion of the militant left's demands for celebration rather than tolerance. That the left cannot distinguish between the two without resorting to claims of hatred and bigotry will result in further erosion of what they see as acceptance. That will lead to further militarization among the left's radicals and further exhaustion among the majority of Americans.

...it's not a bug....it's a feature

Old 06-26-2019, 10:07 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Meh... I don’t dislike or like them as a standalone sub-group. I guess if anything the further we get into identity politics and building out new ways to break ourselves apart I tend to care less.

If you want to wear rainbow T-shirt’s and fly pride flags then great that is your prerogative. Just don’t expect me to care and don’t label me as an enemy if I don’t participate in your events. And for the love of Christ don’t block a significant portion of downtown with a 1/2 day parade when I need to get ish done.
1. Parades are scheduled, its your fault if you dont pay attention

2. Im sure there are wack jobs who get angry that some people dont participate in pride, but they are so few and far between that your argument doesnt work. The majority of gay people i know dont participate in large pride events.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:09 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. Parades are scheduled, its your fault if you dont pay attention

2. Im sure there are wack jobs who get angry that some people dont participate in pride, but they are so few and far between that your argument doesnt work. The majority of gay people i know dont participate in large pride events.
It's not that they get angry, it's the accusation that you are a bigoted homophobe if you don't go.

There's a difference.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:13 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You haven't answered the question.

Why is it so important that what is essentially an ADULT entertainer read aloud to children at libraries?
a drag queen is no more an adult entertainer than the guy who dresses up as Dumbledore when he reads a harry potter book to kids.

Quote:
Why can't a gay person just go and read to children? No one would care. No one would even know if the person was gay or not. It'd just be a PERSON reading to kids.

So again: Why is it so important that a drag queen read to children?
people like to dress up and have fun, and since there is nothing wrong with that they did, it shouldnt be attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies