Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 10:10 PM

13,639 posts, read 9,696,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
...In reality, things are not much different today than they were two years ago except the economy is booming and we have utter complete gridlock in Congress (more than normal).
We have an idiotic and unnecessary trade-war, a slew of abrogated treaties, a stagnant stock market, rampant attempt to politicize the Fed, and an international embarrassment with American immigration "policy". And maybe an impending war with Iran.

Yeah, progress....

Old 06-26-2019, 10:15 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
“Christian” does not equate to the religious right. Quite the opposite.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:15 PM

25,547 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How is the economy booming? Lots of stores are struggling to keep open. Sears Hometown Stores are among the latest closing.

https://www.enidnews.com/news/busine...b2ba52528.html
SEARS?! OK. If that is your measure and you simply cannot see how the economy is booming, then you will simply have to vote for Bernie.
It's your only hope.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:16 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
No, Christians would have been better off by not demonstrating their complete hypocrisy and rejecting Trump based on his personal behavior and ethics.
Many did but the vocal religious right did not.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
SEARS?! OK. If that is your measure and you simply cannot see how the economy is booming, then you will simply have to vote for Bernie.
It's your only hope.
Sears is just for starters. Go to America's small cities and you'll see how downtown isn't booming. Even the strip malls have vacancies. This wasn't going on as bad while Obama was president. People can blame the sad situation on Amazon and other online merchants, if they want. Don't forget that Trump's tariffs aren't helping matters at all.

Old 06-27-2019, 01:15 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,323,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't know what everyone else says.

God allowed Trump to be in office just like He allowed Obama to be in office, and everyone before that.

Donald Trump is a sinner just like every other single person on the face of the earth today. Nobody's perfect. Everyone has a scandal if you dig deep enough. Trump's are highlighted. Obama's were minimized. But they both have scandals. Both of them have also done some good things. Neither one of them is good enough for heaven on their own merits.

Nobody is tricking me. I don't believe Trump is a Christian. I wouldn't ask him to babysit my kids. But the policies are what affect me and my family. Sorry, from a policy perspective, it's a no brainer to me what side is better for Christianity.
If we juxtapose the liberal media caricature of Trump with liberal exegeses of Christianity, he's definitely not a Christian.
However, MSM credibility is a shipwreck and the latter can usually be disproven by anyone with a grounding in hermeneutics.

Most people, unfortunately, don't have middle knowledge of a man's disposition, otherwise answering the question would be easy. The best they can do is to evaluate him by his actions unfiltered by partisan social engineering (and their own preconceptions).

Old 06-27-2019, 06:47 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
If we juxtapose the liberal media caricature of Trump with liberal exegeses of Christianity, he's definitely not a Christian.
However, MSM credibility is a shipwreck and the latter can usually be disproven by anyone with a grounding in hermeneutics.

Most people, unfortunately, don't have middle knowledge of a man's disposition, otherwise answering the question would be easy. The best they can do is to evaluate him by his actions unfiltered by partisan social engineering (and their own preconceptions).
I admit that I don't know Trump's status as a Christian or not - I'm just going on what I see (like you said). But he is exposed to situations and people where Christ is present and hopefully it has a positive effect on him - with the ultimate good being that he comes to know Christ.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:40 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,063,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
No, Christians would have been better off by not demonstrating their complete hypocrisy and rejecting Trump based on his personal behavior and ethics.

Every brain cell in a liberal's body is infested by hypocrisy. I wish you liberals would get off with this crap, you're fooling no one except yourselves.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:43 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,063,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How is the economy booming? Lots of stores are struggling to keep open. Sears Hometown Stores are among the latest closing.

https://www.enidnews.com/news/busine...b2ba52528.html

Oh yeah use Sears as an example of the economy not booming but no mention that Toys 'R Us is rising from the dead.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Talking "Hypocrisy", you shout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Every brain cell in a liberal's body is infested by hypocrisy. I wish you liberals would get off with this crap, you're fooling no one except yourselves.
DO NOT click on this link:

Very amusing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.