Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 03:37 PM

30,772 posts, read 18,510,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh my--poor Eric Trump. The Trump boys need to understand that if they choose to insult a wide swath of Americans on a large scale, insult experienced high level government officials and politicians, and insult people far more knowledgeable than they are, they should expect that people will react and respond.

If they would like to be left alone, they should get out of politics, rid themselves of the need for infinite attention, rid themselves of the notion that it matters who their father is, and stop publicly inserting themselves into matters that have nothing to do with them. I.e., live as private citizens do and nobody will bother them. Put themselves in the middle of everything and start publicly attacking people, and they are going to get crap thrown back in their face. That is the way the world works.

These self-important attention hogs should understand that if they want to present themselves as public pundits who bash people and treat them in an extremely extremely disrespectful manner, then people will respond in kind. They are just more evidence of the cluelessness and bubble life of the Trump family.

If they can't stand the heat, they should get their irresponsible loudmouth butts out of the kitchen.
What a loony, bat**** crazy post. You're saying that it should be expected that someone will physically assault (and, yes, spitting is a physical assault) you because they don't like what you say or where you stand politically? Only to the left, I tell you. TDS is real!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 03:38 PM

24,207 posts, read 15,267,347 times
I see nothing sinister in response from the restaurant. Lawyer's orders. They are prolly protecting themselves from a lawsuit from the employee.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:38 PM

47,089 posts, read 26,206,973 times
I cannot abide the Trump offspring, but that still ain't right.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:40 PM

30,772 posts, read 18,510,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I see nothing sinister in response from the restaurant. Lawyer's orders. They are prolly protecting themselves from a lawsuit from the employee.
The restaurant would be far in the clear, legally, for condemning and terminating this employee for the employee's savage behavior. Even in a hellhole of a town like Chicago, where corruption is the order of the day.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,337,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What a loony, bat**** crazy post. You're saying that it should be expected that someone will physically assault (and, yes, spitting is a physical assault) you because they don't like what you say or where you stand politically? Only to the left, I tell you. TDS is real!
Yeah, yeah--tds.

I am saying that Eric and Jr. Trump spend a good deal of time attacking and insulting people--they should expect people will react. They are not gods who are allowed to attack and insult whomever they want with no reaction.

Moderator cut: off topic/trolling

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-26-2019 at 04:07 PM..

Old 06-26-2019, 03:59 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,571,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little ben View Post
I wonder if she spits in the food of all people she doesn't like or just Republicans .
It was Eric Trump and not just some random person who happens to be a Republican. Definitely an outlier situation. BTW, this is a highly coveted and skilled job in the industry so anywhere she goes after this will be a downgrade. She definitely didn't get to this level by regularly spitting on people...but now there's no going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I would wonder that, too. The risk would certainly make me avoid the restaurant altogether.
Though it's a fun experience, paying $25-30 for a cocktail is reason enough to avoid the place.

Note: though they do serve some small plates, it's definitely more of a cocktail lounge than a restaurant.

My reaction to this is..meh. People take this stuff way too seriously, including those who feel like she spat on their best buddy. Eric Trump doesn't care about anyone on this forum, or any of the people who rushed off to post negative Yelp reviews despite never having set foot in the Aviary. He'll be fine, he'll just move on to some other ridiculously expensive place to wine and dine the donors/investors in the family's businesses.
As for the server, it was completely dumb and emotional and she's lucky he didn't press charges. But she didn't kill anyone, her life won't stop, and I hope she can grow up and find peace.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:07 PM

79,107 posts, read 61,238,971 times
Quote:
Where have you worked that you could attack a customer or co-worker without provocation in front of police for example, get drug off in cuffs and they'd not be fired?

I gotta hear this one.

These days you get immediately canned just for an offensive facebook joke...but not for getting cuffed and drug out in front of the entire restaurant caught red handed?

Old 06-26-2019, 04:11 PM

10,081 posts, read 15,806,103 times
Quote:
It's an assault so I don't think they'd be sued if she was fired!

"The employee has been terminated" is what should have been said.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:16 AM

3,303 posts, read 3,981,782 times
Trump didn't press charges, I would have.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:18 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,113,546 times
I don't condone it, and the man should be fined.

I won't lose any sleep knowing Eric Trump was spit on, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies