Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 08:59 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Marshae Jones was 5 months pregnant. She got into a confrontation with another woman over the father of her baby. The fight ended up with the other woman shooting Jones in the stomach. She lost the baby. Now Alabama is charging Jones. As a pregnant woman, the state says, she should not have gotten into that argument.

So the state wants to control pregnant women and when they have disagreements with others?

https://www.pennlive.com/nation-worl...goes-free.html
This is the world conservatives want. I wouldn't be surprised if we are headed towards a time where if a woman miscarries naturally she risks being charged.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:00 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
If you really want to be punitive, losing your child because you were a hot head seems to be punishment enough.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:00 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I wasn’t there, and neither were you. But yes, IF she threatened someone else with bodily harm, then it is HER fault that she got shot.
Do you think there is a reasonable expectation that if you instigate an argument or fight that you will be shot?
Should this reasoning also be applied as Annie53 suggested if a parent is a gang banger, drug dealer or engages in any risky behavior that results in their child being killed? What about any person who is shot or killed engaged in a confrontation, should the shooter be absolved of the crime?

Old 06-27-2019, 09:06 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
The real offender here is the person that shot the mom-to-be. I wish the jury could have convicted her.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:11 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Sounds right to me. She started the fight, and she knew she was pregnant.

And I’m not even a “pro-lifer” btw.
Bingo.

I note that even abortionist states like NY have charged people with 2 murders where their actions have led to the deaths of a woman and her unborn child. If this case makes Alabama like the Taliban, what does what I just mentioned make NY?

Here is NYS law on the matter:

Quote:
S 125.00 Homicide defined.
Homicide means conduct which causes the death of a person or an unborn child with which a female has been pregnant for more than twenty-four weeks under circumstances constituting murder, manslaughter in the first degree, manslaughter in the second degree, criminally negligent homicide, abortion in the first degree or self-abortion in the first degree.
http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article125.htm

Old 06-27-2019, 09:13 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
This is absolutely crazy.

And people talk about radical Islam? Smh.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:14 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Wow. I generally refrain from disparaging remarks about entire states or regions, but it seems Alabama has been quite a magnet for illogic and stupidity.

Quote:
Sounds right to me. She started the fight, and she knew she was pregnant.
With that type of convoluted logic, pregnant women shouldn't:
  • drive - they might get in a car accident and if the accident isn't their fault but they have a miscarriage, they could be prosecuted for killing their child;
  • swim - they could drown, etc. etc.
  • cross the street - they could get hit by a car, etc. etc.
  • walk up and down the stairs in their homes or offices - they could trip and fall, etc. etc.
  • prepare food in the kitchen - they could stab themselves with a sharp knife, etc. etc.
  • go to the grocery store - they could slip and fall on some spilled water in the produce department (there's always spilled water in the produce department), etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Do you honestly think ANYONE would start a fight if they thought it would result in being shot?
And would the victim of the shooting be blamed for the incident if she weren't pregnant?

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Bingo.

I note that even abortionist states like NY have charged people with 2 murders where their actions have led to the deaths of a woman and her unborn child. If this case makes Alabama like the Taliban, what does what I just mentioned make NY?
So she had an expectation that confronting another woman she saw as threatening the relationship with her baby's father would result in her being shot, and her unborn child dying? That's reasonable to you?

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Bingo.

Are we forgetting that it was someone else who pulled the trigger. The person actually killing the fetus is the one who is charged in fetal homicide laws.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:16 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Are we forgetting that it was someone else who pulled the trigger. The person actually killing the fetus is the one who is charged in fetal homicide laws.
Every state allows for the charge of reckless homicide, where one can be charged even though one may not have "pulled the trigger" based on one's recklessness leading to the conditions that led to homicide. This is not some new or unique concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies