Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 04:21 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

My best friend is gay. My landlord is gay. The guy who lives on the first floor of the landlord house is gay. My neighbor next door is gay. The people who live in two of the houses across the street are gay. So yes, there are gays. But you poor heterosexuals who aren’t represented at all in film or tv.....poor you.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:54 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
My best friend is gay. My landlord is gay. The guy who lives on the first floor of the landlord house is gay. My neighbor next door is gay. The people who live in two of the houses across the street are gay. So yes, there are gays. But you poor heterosexuals who aren’t represented at all in film or tv.....poor you.
About 40% of the last company I worked for was gay. Because of where the company was located and the hiring process .. friend of a friend of a friend .. which lead to more hiring of gay people.

I've worked for other companies where no one was gay.

Cherrrypicking your situation? Proves nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:27 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
About 40% of the last company I worked for was gay. Because of where the company was located and the hiring process .. friend of a friend of a friend .. which lead to more hiring of gay people.

I've worked for other companies where no one was gay.

Cherrrypicking your situation? Proves nothing. Nada. Zilch.

No one was gay as far as you know. By the way, just because someone may be married or partnered with someone of the opposite sex does not exclude them from being closeted bi-sexuals. Those are the types that we have no handle on what the actual numbers are.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
You forgot to include the "Try-sexuals"; people that will try anything. Are you saying one in five are not traditional hetrosexuals?
Yes. I think we are at a point where that is true. Fyi, Try-sexuals are really bicurious. I think this is why I would say it is about 6/7% are bi and about 3% are pan. But I think this is because of closeted people or not included in studies. Unless a study or survey is truly anonymous, you have a chance of outing yourself. Not all people are flaunting it in PRIDE parades or PRIDE days.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
No one was gay as far as you know. By the way, just because someone may be married or partnered with someone of the opposite sex does not exclude them from being closeted bi-sexuals. Those are the types that we have no handle on what the actual numbers are.
No, I know it for a fact. Unless they all got married and had kids but were still in the closet.

In which case 100% of the company could be gay, right? The whole WORLD is gay, right? Everyone is just hiding. This heterosexual thing, it's been a fad for 10,000 years. /faceplant/

Old 07-02-2019, 06:21 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
No, I know it for a fact. Unless they all got married and had kids but were still in the closet.

In which case 100% of the company could be gay, right? The whole WORLD is gay, right? Everyone is just hiding. This heterosexual thing, it's been a fad for 10,000 years. /faceplant/
This one won't be topped for a good while....excellent.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:26 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:

They can't comprehend that LGBT makes up a statistically insignificant percentage of the population. 1% - 3% and that is being GENEROUS. Why is their so much hoopla over such a small segment of the population? Do they get their jollies being "woke"?

It I so OLD that they are now hurting their "cause". What rights don't Gays and Lesbians have? They have the same rights as everyone else but now the Democrats want to give them reparations? What are they smoking?

Old 07-02-2019, 06:30 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Not that OP cares, but if you're not counting bisexuals, the real number is between 5 and 10 percent

Fill in the blanks.

Those damned______________ came into __________________ now everybody is upset !

Algorithms dictate that 5 -10% of anything is enough to change,disrupt and
even destroy everything from television,to business and neighborhoods.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They can't comprehend that LGBT makes up a statistically insignificant percentage of the population. 1% - 3% and that is being GENEROUS. Why is their so much hoopla over such a small segment of the population? Do they get their jollies being "woke"?

It I so OLD that they are now hurting their "cause". What rights don't Gays and Lesbians have? They have the same rights as everyone else but now the Democrats want to give them reparations? What are they smoking?

https://slate.com/human-interest/201...ships-why.html

84% of bisexuals settle down in heterosexual relationships according to a 2013 Pew Study.

Bisexuality isn't a 'lifestyle.' It's a trend and a fetish. An ultra "cool" way to pretend to be hip and tolerant ... until the person gets heterosex settled down.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:09 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

The real question is what have we (collectively) been smoking?

We let a small group of obnoxious misfits first paralyze us with PC, then turn the western world on its head in just a generation or so. Now the normal people are deemed the misfits by the cultural powers-that-be.

We stopped the war in Viet Nam and then turned into arguably the most pathetic group of custodians of human development and culture in modern times. The disintegration surrounds us and it is shameful. Many have to literally step over it every day. We went from the greatest generation to the weakest in less than the space of three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies