Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 02:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

I believe the Bible is the WORD OF GOD..and this system of things is very corrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 02:39 PM

10,469 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I believe the Bible is the WORD OF GOD..and this system of things is very corrupt.
I believe every single world of the Bible.

Old 12-10-2019, 03:12 PM

62,934 posts, read 29,126,415 times
My unpopular views by the Democrats are that I am pro-life and anti-illegal immigration.

Old 12-10-2019, 03:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
If I survive, I’ll be sure to vote the right person in next time and try again.
LMAO

I set you up for that one.

Exactly.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
"It's okay for men to wear dresses, lipstick and have blond hair on their legs, so their leg hairs can be massaged by his friends:" That is, if you are Joe Biden.

Joe Biden's comment: By the way, you know, I sit on the stand and it’d get hot. I got a lot of — I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun,” Biden said. “And the kids used to come up and reach in the pool and rub my leg down so it was straight and then watch the hair come back up again.”

He concluded his tale by saying, “I love kids jumping on my lap.”

Old 12-10-2019, 10:21 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Most architecture and urban planning in this nation is so bad that it almost seems intentionally soul defeating / meant to isolate.

Because of the fact that they don't biodegrade and given the rising population, consumer plastics should be mostly illegal (especially for use with consumables) with robust nationwide recycling channels for that which isn't.

Affirmative action hurts our institutions and infrastructure operations more than is openly discussed even among its opponents.

I don't drink soda nor smoke cigarettes, but unusual taxes on either under the guise of health promotion is un-American.

Public schools in this nation require more disciplinary action to improve, not less. Other permanent solutions than their classroom presence should be crafted for kids who cannot meet a basic bar of behavior, and the standards should be somewhat strictly enforced. Everyone else's education is at stake.

Functional (= standards that are maintained) high IQ public school programs are as necessary for high IQ students as are special education programs for special education students, and therefore they should be protected with the same sense of moral indignation. Their continued existence should not be ego fodder for parents than want a bumper sticker or that otherwise think their existence to be unfair.

Freedom of speech is only functional when punishments for (especially political) speech are illegal in all sectors. Otherwise, the First Amendment is functionally neutered.

Open borders ideology has its root in communism, and facilitates communism by an indirect method of wealth transference to a bottomless morass of unskilled labor that no economy can scale to support with employment.

Most everyone under a certain socioeconomic level and above a certain age is fundamentally an ethnonationalist, and that socioeconomic level is higher than one might otherwise think. Whether or not they can get away by framing it in terms of victimhood, habit, or by virtue of something else. Many people over that socioeconomic level are ethnonationalists as well: the criteria then being how relatively insulated they are from real world social politics and / or what their ethnicity is.

Public housing subsidy as applied to higher rent neighborhoods distorts local unskilled labor wages downward because it keeps the low-wage labor-pool unnaturally high. Its essentially a taxpayer gift to local business owners and a long-term detriment to the people that it claims to help. They'd be much better served over the long run by partaking in a labor exodus and then moving back to pay market rent once wages rise in response.

Presidents to the Right of Donald Trump are coming and the DNC and their press arm are currently burning every one of their credible plays to politically counter them. Donald Trump is not ideal for most on the Right, but he's a transitional President who is paving the road. That's what his detractors either don't understand or are willfully holding back.

Michael Brown clearly attempted murder on Police, and was artificially made into a nation dividing martyr by the press core: an action which illustrates their fundamental corruption, as well as their danger to this nation's fabric in their present form / their mission to stoke nation-breaking division in this nation for some god forsaken reason.

Being anti-wealth is an anti-life position. Wealth and poverty are the primary facilitators of life and death, and the former improves in length on a relative scale as wealth improves. It would be better to have many less people on this planet (gradually reduced over generations via humane means of population management) than to ever reduce individual resource use / wealth as the population continues to grow unchecked.

All long term psychotropic drug use, whether prescription or otherwise, leads to brain architecture changes that should disqualify a person from any paid position that significantly affects or influences the public.

Marijuana should be decriminalized to a certain weight but remain illegal to grow, sell, and possess. All other street drugs should remain criminal (full disclosure: I don't smoke and so have no personal reason to want marijuana decriminalized. My reason is a nod toward social balance).

A woman's choice should end with the choice to have sex. As does the man's choice to support the consequences. There can be no continued precedent for legal human murder if our legal system is to remain long term just. The slippery slope is slippery.

There are only two genders. This is hard reality and therefore a non-negotiable tenet. Similar to the general color of a clear sky. Everything else is mental illness and a Marxist social belief compliance test.

This is the United States and, technically speaking, no one can be forced to believe nor say anything that the scolds would want us to. Everyone who isn't okay with those facts or who is trying to change them lives in the wrong nation.

Homosexuals could have had what they wanted by lobbying for the legal equivalent of marriage via other terminology: thus making almost everyone relatively happy and not making their gained Right a permanent sociopolitical target. Targeting marriage, specifically, was an anti-religious mission and an intentional slap in the face to a large portion of this nation. In the long run, it will backfire on them completely and be recognized as the worst mistake in their political history. Which is unfortunate given their history. The religious of the world are more plentiful and unforgiving in both their beliefs and sleights against them. Lament that state of affairs, but as facts they are undeniable and unchangeable.

Individuals aren't necessarily responsible for their individual situations (one can't choose their parents, often their health, etc), but sociopolitical groups as a whole are through their chosen group cultures and the modern trajectories of those cultures. No exceptions.

Sustainable socioeconomic accomplishment is a multi-generation, gradual process of family-culture reform with almost no way to significantly speed it up: including cash gifts. No group is excepted. Wrong turns by one parent can set the process back by many generations.

Freedom of religion is often a legal cover for mafia behavior, and is long term unsustainable as opened to some modern popular religions if this nation is to survive intact. At least without a legal requirement to publish the full belief system of their religion in a manner that is accessible to the public. The uncensored belief systems of all religions should be legally mandated to be publicly stated and be freely accessible in English, so that out-group Americans know the full gamut of what their neighbors believe. If mafia behavior is going to exist, innocent Americans should be aware of and have access to its full religious basis.

Freedom of press as it currently exists is a noble idea and I would agree with it in an ideal world, but in practice it leads to the press being transformed into a relatively pure propaganda operation (ie: not press) with a legal umbrella. I'm unsure of what the solution is. Perhaps legal guidelines for press behavior that protects its core function of reporting, but mandates that lying by omission is illegal and punditry has to be conducted only within channels that are admitted propaganda outlets.

More than anything else, the relative lack of reporting, over decades, on Israel's long-term treatment of the Palestinians is a gross historical and moral double standard and it invalidates any moral platform that the press otherwise claims on any issue as well as their claim to be legitimate press. It may be because the press is largely controlled by Jewish owners or editorial boards, or because we have national interests that Israel advances. It doesn't matter. The lack of reporting on the issue reveals a fundamentally corrupt press institution in this nation. By what means / for what reasons it is corrupt is another issue. In sum: Israel will do what it pleases but a corrupt press core, which operates under the claim of legitimacy, is unacceptable and unsustainable in a nation that is continue to claim legitimacy as moral light.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:47 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,655 times
Churches should not be tax exempt.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:54 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Churches should not be tax exempt.
If I have to be robbed at gunpoint, so should you!

Old 12-11-2019, 11:02 AM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
"It's okay for men to wear dresses, lipstick and have blond hair on their legs, so their leg hairs can be massaged by his friends:" That is, if you are Joe Biden.

Joe Biden's comment: By the way, you know, I sit on the stand and it’d get hot. I got a lot of — I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun,” Biden said. “And the kids used to come up and reach in the pool and rub my leg down so it was straight and then watch the hair come back up again.”

He concluded his tale by saying, “I love kids jumping on my lap.”
Biden keeps stepping on his own D. Even if what he says is innocent, which it probably is, it's just weird stuff to say in a public setting.

I think he thinks that he's got that down home "folksy" thing going for him and he's trying to sorta capitize on it. The whole he's one of the regular guys and not an out of touch rich politician.

Whatever it is he's coming off like a buffoon. I mean what's with this "No Malarkey" slogan he's got going on now.

If he wanted to get out of the old stodgy white guy lane someone should have told him that nobody says "malarkey " anymore. Might as well be talking about dames and broads and the five and dime. Sounds like something out of a 40s Bogart script.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:06 AM

1,161 posts, read 434,981 times
Politics are like Pro Wrestling. Your Good Guys are tight with your Bad Guys behind the scene. They are working you and you are a big enough mark to marry yourself to either the blue team or the red team and believe that they are actually feuding with one another, when in reality they are raking in all the cash and laughing at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies