Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 05:30 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Did you read the article?

Ruiz and her husband had met with the school’s vice principal over concerns that their son was threatened by other students who allegedly chanted, “All Mexicans should go back behind the wall.”

Where do you think these students got that little nugget of an idea from ?

You tell us. Are African-Americans largely Trump supporters? It sure doesn't look like it from their voting record. They overwhelmingly vote Dem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 07:34 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The story stinks. I ain’t buying it.
So I just looked up the school. The school is 90 percent Hispanic. Only 6 percent black and 2 percent white. Wondering if most of the Hispanics are Dominican or Puerto Rican because they say he was bullied by a group the day before. There likely weren’t very many Mexicans to take up for him. Either way, three students followed them. The mother says she has no recollection of the attack. Her son may have identified the boy. Hope these people are being truthful.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj....outputType=amp

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 06-29-2019 at 07:45 AM..

Old 06-29-2019, 07:54 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I could have told you there are tensions between African-Americans and Mexicans. In the Los Angeles area, there have been Mexican gang members shooting and killing African-Americans for being in majority-Mexican neighborhoods. Tensions between both groups, at least in the LA area, haven't gotten much news.

I see it like this. Some African-Americans resent Mexicans for coming to the USA and for what the perceive as "foreigners" taking their jobs. Some Mexican-Americans look down on African-Americans and hate them, seeing them as "interlopers" or persons who "don't belong". In the LA area, there is a history of African-Americans and Mexican-Americans basically killing each other.

It sort of surprised me that this took place in Passaic,New Jersey. Blacks are outnumbed by Hispanics 7 to 1 in that city. I don't want to see this happen to anyone. Part of me wonders how much more ethnic strife this will spark.
INteresting thing is over 60% of hate crimes in the US are between blacks and Hispanics. Blacks are more native to the US and have more of a right to be here than Mexicans who are mostly illegal. However this is often lost among the black Democrat political elite and you have people like Cory Booker, Maxine Waters, etc and black campus activists rallying in support of open borders and illegal immigration.

ONe thing though.....if you start being called a "white Hispanic".....be careful!

Old 06-29-2019, 07:56 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So I just looked up the school. The school is 90 percent Hispanic. Only 6 percent black and 2 percent white. Wondering if most of the Hispanics are Dominican or Puerto Rican because they say he was bullied by a group the day before. There likely weren’t very many Mexicans to take up for him. Either way, three students followed them. The mother says she has no recollection of the attack. Her son may have identified the boy. Hope these people are being truthful.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj....outputType=amp
MOre and more Puerto Ricans now support illegal Mexicans and Salvaodorans out of racial solidarity, something the Democrats and the left love to promote, just like how they want well off African immigrants to support BLM and demand slavery reparations out of racial solidarity with African Americans. Democrats and liberals are all about identity politics and race, never about a common American identity and a shared American nationalism. Except when they're about globalism.....

Puerto Ricans and Cubans are automatically legal so they should have no reason to sympathize with Mexicans and Central Americans.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
INteresting thing is over 60% of hate crimes in the US are between blacks and Hispanics. Blacks are more native to the US and have more of a right to be here than Mexicans who are mostly illegal. However this is often lost among the black Democrat political elite and you have people like Cory Booker, Maxine Waters, etc and black campus activists rallying in support of open borders and illegal immigration.

ONe thing though.....if you start being called a "white Hispanic".....be careful!
The majority of Blacks are native to the U.S. but not necessarily in New Jersey. New Jersey has the 3rd highest black immigrant population. Some children are just wicked. Haitian children got teased about coming in boats and a host of other things, even from other immigrants/children of immigrants. It doesn’t surprise me that children are treating this boy badly because he’s Mexican since many come over the border. Curious about the backgrounds of all the students involved in harassing this boy. I’d be willing to bet they aren’t all “African-American.”

Old 06-29-2019, 09:15 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You tell us. Are African-Americans largely Trump supporters? It sure doesn't look like it from their voting record. They overwhelmingly vote Dem.
This is true. And it's worked wonders for them. Every city they are the majority in, is controlled by democrat policies, and are the worst cities to live in. And now the very same democrats are leaving the African Americans behind and are now starting to move on to the Latino vote as well as the votes of immigrants from the Caribbean nations. I've watched local developers push out African Americans out of their homes with eminent domain so they can bull doze them down and put apartments up, and then sell them to the Haitians who can get section 8 housing easier than natural born American citizens.

Last edited by warhorse78; 06-29-2019 at 09:27 AM..

Old 06-29-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
MOre and more Puerto Ricans now support illegal Mexicans and Salvaodorans out of racial solidarity, something the Democrats and the left love to promote, just like how they want well off African immigrants to support BLM and demand slavery reparations out of racial solidarity with African Americans. Democrats and liberals are all about identity politics and race, never about a common American identity and a shared American nationalism. Except when they're about globalism.....

Puerto Ricans and Cubans are automatically legal so they should have no reason to sympathize with Mexicans and Central Americans.
Huh? What do you mean racial solidarity? Puerto Ricans are a different mix than Mexicans and Salvadorans overall and they know that. Sorry but you’re making an assumption.

Whether Africans decide to support African-Americans or not has little to do with Democrats/left and racial solidarity. No one cares what outsiders think about solidarity. Support among AAs, African, Afro-Caribbean and other Afro-descended groups for each other would not be anything new, as it was done when most were still under colonial rule and Jim Crow in the US. The result being independence for many around the same time period - last 50s/60s. It’s likely that Afro-Caribbean immigrants would at least understand as the Caribbean in recent years has approached the UN via Caricom with regards to reparations from the various European powers that colonized the region. Most everyday people in my experience though feel its wasted time and resources to seek reparations.

Further, most recent African-descended groups don’t seem to care that much about the Democrat/liberal/Republican/conservative blame game. Either they are for an issue or they are not. That’s how most operate.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:51 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
I agree with ReineDeCoeur on this one. As an immigrant whose black I would recognize a black immigrant attack anywhere. While the Mexican kid might see his attacker as black their is a very high chance it’s a light skin Dominican or Puerto Rican or Haitian. I can’t see how a group of black kids get away with bullying a kid for being Hispanic in a 90% Hispanic school. Now I perfectly see Carribean/Hispanic/African blacks bullying someone over being Mexican. Mexicans are a rarity in the New York Area compared to the South or Out West, so intra-Hispanic bullying is much more likely than two groups that are absolute minorities within Passaic going at it.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:42 AM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I thought about this earlier when I was researching some info to post on another thread, and I found the following link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States

According to the above link, in 1910, the racial make-up was (figures rounded to the nearest million):

Black: 10 million
Hispanic: 1 million

However, just 100 years later, in 2010, these figures had changed to:

Black: 39 million
Hispanic: 50 million

So, although there was almost a four-fold increase in the U.S. Black population (about) in a hundred years, there were about fifty times as many Hispanics living in the U.S.

I would think that Blacks would be outraged at the current state of affairs because it took Blacks centuries to achieve just basic rights and respect, and now many Hispanics/Latinos living in the country illegally saying that they are entitled to the same rights, even though they are not even citizens.

I certainly do NOT condone violence in any form, but if I were a black person, I would be very, VERY angry.
There is also something else you should consider. There was no such thing as "Hispanic" in 1910. Alot of people who would be Hispanic today would have called themselves "White" back then. What you see in 1910 speaks of those who identified as "Mexican". There are other ethnicities that would qualify as Hispanic, such as Cuban and Puerto Rican. Louisiana had a minute number of Mexicans, but there were a sizable amount of Cubans and Hondurans who moved to New Orleans. Cubans were living in the Tampa area before the Cuban Revolution took place. While most Cubans weren't hurt by the Jim Crow environment in Florida, Black Americans most certainly were.

There are Blacks who feel some resentment towards Hispanics. However, there are also Blacks who try to get along with Hispanics. What I was speaking of has alot to do with Black/Mexican tensions in the Los Angeles area.

And the illegal issue is sore spot. It is a big issue. That being mention, most persons of Mexican descent are hear legally.

As much as mass immigration isn't beneficial to Black Americans, it is also seen as sort of a moot point, and for this reason. Black Americans are pretty much the most looked down on group in the USA. Black Americans, as a group, have been the unwanted group in America. Once slavery ended, Blacks went from "valuable property" to an unwanted population, being considered a burden. While immigrants who came here certainly dealt with their share of discrimination, Blacks continued to be at the bottom, both socially and economically. Immigrants from southern and eastern Europe, and Latin America were certainly look down on. However, they were preferred over Black Americans. It has basically been Black Americans vs the rest of America, in historical terms, and it still plays out. There have also been clashes between Black Americans and African immigrants. Clashes between Black Americans and Somali immigrants in Minnesota, between Black Americans and Haitians in Florida. I've personally met a few Black immigrants who looked down on American Blacks.

What I say doesn't reflect all of my experiences with immigrants and people from other countries. I have certainly gotten along with immigrants from all over the world. I'm merely speaking in relative terms. I'm simply saying that for some reason there have been tensions between Black Americans and some other group in this country, whether it was native-born Whites, Native Americans, or immigrants from anywhere in the world. What took place in New Jersey, what has taken place in the Los Angeles area (the ghettos of LA at least) has taken place in other areas with other groups.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:49 AM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:

I don't know for a fact how many hate crimes occur between Blacks and Hispanics. I will say this. While Black Americans might be more native to this coutry than other groups, Black Americans have not been treated like it. A majority of those of Mexican descent are here legally. There are people who have come here the right way and looked their noses down at Black Americans. Black Americans are pretty much the most looked down on group in this country.

And something else. Black Americans vote more than any other minority in the USA. I get why Democrats do what they do. However, you never ask yourself this. In the last 40 years, Republicans have had their history of pandering to Hispanic and Asian voters, while ignoring Black voters. In some cases, there have been Republicans who have garnered White votes by using dog whistle politics as a way of whipping up fear and resentment towards Blacks.

You can criticize Democrats all you want, but the Republicna Party, as of the last 40 years, has not done much that would make Blacks want to vote for them. Look up Lee Atwater. Here is the link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Atwater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies