Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 11:01 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The funny thing with the permanent political class criticizing Trump's out of the box thinking is that he gets results. The political elites follow the same well worn path. "The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing, expectinng a different result." Trump uses common sense and intuition like most people would. That's one reason why people like Trump
I couldn't rep you again but "(t)he funny thing with the permanent political class criticizing Trump's out of the box thinking is that he gets results" says it all. The same thing happened with Sadat's going to Jerusalem, and Reagan decontrolling oil prices. The former got back the Sinai, with its oil, for Egypt. The latter brought down oil and gasoline prices where almost a decade of controls did not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 11:11 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Er, have you heard of the CIA and NSA? Did you know that Sec of State Pompeo has met with Kim multiple times? I guess American Pravda didn't report it.

Kim's father died when he was young. He is a long time fan of US pop culture and I wouldn't be surprised if he watched The Apprentice. When I see Trump and Kim interact, Kim looks like a fan and seems to look up to Trump as a father figure. That could be Trump's key to dealing with him. He likes Kim and wants to remove hurtful sanctions but Kim has to 'behave.' Kim depends on China to survive. If Kim knew he could depend on Trump instead, he would switch loyalties.

The funny thing with the permanent political class criticizing Trump's out of the box thinking is that he gets results. The political elites follow the same well worn path. "The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing, expectinng a different result." Trump uses common sense and intuition like most people would. That's one reason why people like Trump
I have also noticed a strange, child-like behavior of NKns. They are so isolated that they probably find anyone from abroad interesting, exotic somehow, like that black basketball player that went to NK years ago. There must also be quite some curiosity about what the world is really like, they only know it from very political school books and indoctrination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies