Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 11:29 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
A Biden / Harris ticket might be crazy enough to work. Perhaps that's what they are afraid of. If you can get black women out to vote they'er are going to drag the whole damn family out to the polls.

Astute comment, and exactly what I saw last July 4:

I helped people register to vote and to update voter records (new addresses, change of name, etc.) after the Independence Day parade, and many who came by were black women with families. Almost ALL of them said they were already registered and would be voting in November, and would encourage others to do the same.

I recognize that this is anecdotal and represents one person's experience in one middle-sized city, but it was exactly what you describe above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 11:32 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
No, instead creepy Joe is sexually assaulting and groping women in public. Pretty ironic that Democrats want another old rich white man in the whitehouse to replace the current old rich white man.

Who knew the party of diversity isn’t actually ready for true diversity?
Big difference between an uninvited affectionate public hug and outright sexual assault/rape. Sorry you seem to confuse the two.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:00 PM

16,273 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
No, instead creepy Joe is sexually assaulting and groping women in public. Pretty ironic that Democrats want another old rich white man in the whitehouse to replace the current old rich white man.

Who knew the party of diversity isn’t actually ready for true diversity?
LOL. No he hugged them in a way that made some uncomfortable. If you can't understand the difference between this and actual sexual assault you may want to remove yourself from the conversation. The guy who is the pig is the guy who is HEARD bragging about the sexual assault he has committed, the man who cheated on his wife repeatedly.

And this just in: Virtually ever man who has held the office of President of the Unites States was a rich white guy.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:42 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We don't need some old fat man with a fake tan and a bleached blonde comb-over making idiotic and unpatriotic statements on the world stage either - but we got Trump and here we are.
What has Trump said that is unpatriotic? He is one of the only Presidents that is doing what he said he would.

Quote:
Kamela Harris will do well, period. And it's reap what she sows.
She certainly reaped and sowed a lot! LOL!

Old 06-29-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Last time I looked, freedom of speech was still guaranteed by our Constitution. Got a problem with that?
I can disagree with someone PAID to represent my country then acts like an ass, and badmouths the very country she represents. What about my free speech?

Old 06-29-2019, 04:50 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,295,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
After a lifetime of mis-characterizing what republicans have said, and playing the race card in other's names, life-long ****bag Joe Biden is reaping what he has sown. A Frankenstein's monster that he has helped create just threw him in the...err..bus. Hope he likes it, because it was inevitable, and that is where he is going to be finishing things out. Once he, Pelosi, Schumer and the rest gave minority candidates the cudgel to hit them with in the form of racial grievance, they weren't going to stay on the plantation forever without taking it over. I am relishing every minute, and it certainly has echoes of what Pelosi is dealing with with Cortez, Omar, and Rashid.

The great news is, though she had her moment and her poll pop, I think Harris just created a ceiling for herself. I picked her early to win because the only thing that matters to democrats is identity politics, and she checks the most boxes, but she may have just changed the paradigm. White Americans are still 60-75% of the electorate, depending on how calculated, and many loyal Democrat voters may not like the rough treatment of a beloved old nut who they may have voted for. Harris has a problem with her own in that African Americans don't appreciate that as a prosecutor, she put quite a few of them behind bars, but in claiming her black cred, she may have caused some resentment among whites that she needs to win.

We shall see. One way or the other, Biden can go kick rocks. He's done, and good riddance.
The polls after the debate are still showing Biden leading, so no he's not done, by a long shot. But now, lets watch Biden and others go after Harris in the next debate. Bring out the popcorn, cause it's gonna be good.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:52 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,970,381 times
I honestly know 0% of what anyone is talking about in this thread and I'm likely the better for it.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:59 PM

830 posts, read 486,260 times
I, too, am relishing the sight of seeing all of these purveyors of identity politics get eaten by their own. Hoisted by the very same petards they worked so hard to construct.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:40 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
I think that in general, Dems want Biden out..........and all the other candidates are going to do a hatchet-job on
him until he is gone. Harris is just the start.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I think that in general, Dems want Biden out..........and all the other candidates are going to do a hatchet-job on
him until he is gone. Harris is just the start.
Bernie will be next. Can't have old White guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies