Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 12:39 PM

5,789 posts, read 3,583,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If these people get their way you’re going to see misery & death like you’ve never seen before!

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...as-we-know-it/
Marxism is almost exclusively about economics, and the rest was about history, politics, and how they operate. Even those two themselves were still tied exclusively to economic relationships - more specifically, the rich getting richer by exploiting the poor and making them poorer. That's Marx's claim, at least. It has nothing to do with belief in global warming. How could it? Marx was in the 19th Century. They didn't have the records or the technology to detect the extent or degree CO2 and warming was taking place over the past several thousand years.

In any case, stopping global warming has nothing to do with who owns wealth-creating properties, or whether the wealthy exploit the poor. Your title is just more shrill right-wing propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 01:11 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,711,133 times
I would only equate Climate Change Advocates and Marxism in that they're both well-intended and both lead to significant factual inaccuracy. But they are completely different outside of that vague abstract. Climate Change is hard to measure, but the science behind it is certainly sound enough. If you increase greenhouse gasses, things get hotter. More heat = more evaporation = more storms, etc. It just hasn't reached the dire apocalyptic levels that the Climate Change Cultists so fervently believe will suddenly appear any day now. The overall change so far is small and we don't fully understand why this is.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:51 PM

1,675 posts, read 574,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Pretty good analogy. Another one might be the intellectuals vs the anti-intellectuals. The anti-intellectuals prefer to think that all scientific studies are faked for political reasons. Most of the anti-intellectuals also won't even read or look at studies- they believe they already have all the answers.
Just a case of "my mind is made up"- don't confuse me with any facts or science.

For example: The poster who says that CO2 is not a pollutant is correct but he obviously doesn't get the green house gas theory and probably won't even read about it or consider it even when all charts show a hockey stick rise in CO2 since the industrial revolution. And after all, don't get any education at the NASA website because - hey- they probably faked that moon landing- what does NASA know about science anyway.......

Sadly the globalists won't win- we'll all lose together- and that's what the deniers really don't get.

https://skepticalscience.com/Second-...use-theory.htm
I think you have missed my point. I am a so called "denier", read my comment right above the one you responded to. And yes, the globalists will win as surely as the north won to the south.

Oil and gas is cheap, but with expeculation and subsidies the profits are very high. Green energy needs more capital and subsidies; therefore our lives will be more dependable on people with access to big capital. Developing countries have less access to capital thus are always behind. This is changing in China, India, etc. To stay on top the West needs to push harder access to energy. The side effect is more people without access to electricity, water and food on top of the more than one billion now. But in their opinion "it's worth it".

CO2 is just a means to it. Water vapor and clouds play a far larger effect on climate. To say nothing of dozens other factors in climate.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:45 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,913,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Death is clearly the goal. There was a thread about "useless people" and there are posts about "useless people" just in the last couple of days. Further, some years back, on this forum, I wrote a post that quoted all kinds of people (who are part of organizations that claim to care about the earth) who come right out and say that they want less people on this planet.

By attempting to dehumanize anyone who thinks differently, votes differently, speaks differently, it's a slow build up to getting people to believe that "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others". It's straight up Orwellian.

Some will deny, just like they did back in the 90s when they pretended that they weren't pushing the idea that females are better than males, on college campuses, that white Europeans are the reason for the entire world's ills - I know, some of my very own professors said that nonsense.

They always do this. They start out very slowly, see what they can get away with saying, find the line, stay there for a bit waiting for people to "get used to the idea", push again, find the line, stay and wait for people to get "used to the idea", push again, find the line...that's what these people do.

Of course they want to get rid of capitalism, of course they want to take away our inalienable rights, (boy do they try to deny that one despite all of the evidence that has been shown, repeatedly, over and over again), but they really want people to just die until it's just them. Everyone else is "useless".

Then, they will get their so called utopia, the "world will be saved", they won't have to deal with anyone questioning their ideologies, they will control everything - or so they think.

Until their very own turn on them, next. Idiots.
Wow! That's quite the rant, And it is so far devoid of reality that you might as well be sending us messages from Middle Earth and wandering around muttering "my precious."

The global scientific community does NOT have "death as a goal." Get a grip. Climatologists are trying to save life on this planet, not destroy it. You want to take every crank post and lay the blame for it on scientists, and you can't even see how ridiculous this is.

Yep, there are too many people on the planet now and they all want to live the same lifestyle as someone in a wealthy, industrialized country. One can't blame them for this. We can't say, "I got mine - too bad for the rest of you." However, the planet cannot sustain the on-going population explosion with every last person driving their own car and enjoying central air conditioning.

This hardly means that we should go out and start killing babies. How about just making contraception more available - especially in developing nations?

Deniers won't be satisfied until every coastal city is under water and half the earth has become uninhabitable. Keep up the good work and the children of tomorrow will curse those alive today.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:04 PM

14,723 posts, read 14,885,577 times
Money, money, money. Everybody worries too much about money and the pursuit of gain. Mammon is the god of mankind. Pffft.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:19 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
For Chrissakes. Such hyperbole. They want clean water, air, and the planet not to burn. Nothing else.

Certainly other countries are looking into the same thing.
I'm not talking about other countries, I'm talking about this country. And I've heard that whole "population control" bs plenty of times outside of this forum and idiots in "we care so much about the earth we want people to die" organizations. But anytime someone puts anecdotes up, idiots call it "fake".

You can deny until the cows come home, (if you all don't slaughter them, too for their "methane gases"), I've seen liberal BS long enough to know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Wow! That's quite the rant, And it is so far devoid of reality that you might as well be sending us messages from Middle Earth and wandering around muttering "my precious."

The global scientific community does NOT have "death as a goal." Get a grip. Climatologists are trying to save life on this planet, not destroy it. You want to take every crank post and lay the blame for it on scientists, and you can't even see how ridiculous this is.

Yep, there are too many people on the planet now and they all want to live the same lifestyle as someone in a wealthy, industrialized country. One can't blame them for this. We can't say, "I got mine - too bad for the rest of you." However, the planet cannot sustain the on-going population explosion with every last person driving their own car and enjoying central air conditioning.

This hardly means that we should go out and start killing babies. How about just making contraception more available - especially in developing nations?

Deniers won't be satisfied until every coastal city is under water and half the earth has become uninhabitable. Keep up the good work and the children of tomorrow will curse those alive today.
Blah, blah, blah. It's not a "rant". It's reality. I don't buy liberal lies anymore when they try to pretend that isn't what their after. You think I came up with that myself? No. It's been seen and heard plenty of times, so spare me the "that's not true" bs. What I said is exactly what is going on.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:30 PM

18,461 posts, read 9,106,258 times
It will take capitalism to solve the global warming problem. The whole point of a carbon “fee and dividend” system is to let the market determine the most economical solution(s) to reducing carbon emissions.

I don’t understand this whole idea that accepting AGW means advocating Marxism.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:37 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,095,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not talking about other countries, I'm talking about this country. And I've heard that whole "population control" bs plenty of times outside of this forum and idiots in "we care so much about the earth we want people to die" organizations. But anytime someone puts anecdotes up, idiots call it "fake".

You can deny until the cows come home, (if you all don't slaughter them, too for their "methane gases"), I've seen liberal BS long enough to know better.

Blah, blah, blah. It's not a "rant". It's reality. I don't buy liberal lies anymore when they try to pretend that isn't what their after. You think I came up with that myself? No. It's been seen and heard plenty of times, so spare me the "that's not true" bs. What I said is exactly what is going on.
I think we can all agree that on both sides, there’s gonna be folks that wanna cash in. Difference is that on one side, it’s an archaic industry trying to stay relevant.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:01 PM

18,336 posts, read 8,162,371 times
Apr 22, 2019
Unreliable Nature Of Solar And Wind Makes Electricity More Expensive, New Study Finds

Solar panels and wind turbines are making electricity significantly more expensive, a major new study by a team of economists from the University of Chicago finds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#17244b084f59

=============
JUNE 3, 2019
Study Finds Wind and Solar 2 to 3 Times More Expensive Than Existing Generation Resources

https://www.instituteforenergyresear...ion-resources/

==========
Feb 8, 2019
The average LCOEs from existing coal ($41), cc gas ($36), nuclear ($33), and hydro ($38) resources are less than half the cost of new wind resources ($90) or new PV solar resources ($88.7) with imposed costs included.

https://canadafreepress.com/images/u...IER060419A.jpg

Old 06-30-2019, 08:06 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Apr 22, 2019
Unreliable Nature Of Solar And Wind Makes Electricity More Expensive, New Study Finds

Solar panels and wind turbines are making electricity significantly more expensive, a major new study by a team of economists from the University of Chicago finds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#17244b084f59

=============
JUNE 3, 2019
Study Finds Wind and Solar 2 to 3 Times More Expensive Than Existing Generation Resources

https://www.instituteforenergyresear...ion-resources/

==========
Feb 8, 2019
The average LCOEs from existing coal ($41), cc gas ($36), nuclear ($33), and hydro ($38) resources are less than half the cost of new wind resources ($90) or new PV solar resources ($88.7) with imposed costs included.

https://canadafreepress.com/images/u...IER060419A.jpg
None of your links work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies