Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:43 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
I remember some years back when this hypothesis was popular among some, particularly conservatives. It was proven false a few years ago however.

https://college.ku.edu/about/news/ge...professor-says

https://www.thedailybeast.com/incont...came-from-asia

https://www.natureworldnews.com/arti...-migration.htm
Not surprised genetic data does not support. Most living Indians have some mix of white in them, so you are just guessing on the dial what is new and what is old genetic markers. Most skeletons are off-limits due to NAGPRA.

But don't worry. It will come back. Archeology moves slowly. A couple of finds on the east coast, maybe a skeleton or two. The theory has reasonable basis. If Australasians can make it from 60000 years ago and a second wave direct from India 40,000 years ago, following the edge of an ice sheet from Europe to North America while hunting animals is no different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 06:39 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We accepted Russia taking the Crimea...that was Conquest. If Manafort and the rest of those people would have gotten their way, Russia would have conquered the totality of Ukraine. Tens of thousands have already died and been injured in these actions.....

Hard to imagine why you say conquest is done with! Ask the folks in Tibet about that.

When Trump says "I'll take the Oil" - what is he talking about?

Maybe you aren't thinking about the fact that much conquest was for labor....and that today, Oil=Labor. That is, human beings are generally pesky and you can't round them up and make them push your car down the road or plow your fields. But their oil? Yep, it will do that work for you. So we conquer for that.

You can't have one part of it and not the other. We spend 5 Trillion on ME wars and our companies are over there pumping oil which is supporting your lifestyle. If you were an Iraqi, would you feel that this oil is YOUR birthright, or did the USA conquer your lands and take it for themselves?

No, the Great Game remains the same but it is based more on Energy since that is the equiv. of slavery and coal and the other stuff (it's work...and fertilizer and everything else).
Actually, the West developed all that middle eastern oil, and then had it nationalized which was really an act of war. You don't own oil on your land if you didn't develop it and had no knowledge or expertise of how to develop it. Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were third world countries, until they stole the oil that WE developed for them by out and out theft. Wantonly violating the contracts that were set up with the oil companies and simply stealing what they couldn't hope to build. Of course, they waited until WE built it for them before they decided to steal it. Nice job. We should have invaded them for real, but the age of conquest was over, and is over.

So you can point to the odd conquest here and there, and in Russia's case it's more a civil war than a foreign occupation. The fact remains that conquest is no longer a widespread activity at all. And hasn't been for quite some time. Hence, I am not paying reparations to Indians or slave descendants or anyone else. My message to the hustlers attempting to enslave me through collectivist theft: you're not a slave and you were not a victim of conquest, so if you want something in this life and in this time? EARN IT.

And the evidence shows that there are no native americans or native austrailians or native anyone. Everyone descends from ancient peoples who came from somewhere else. So the idea of reparations is ludicrous window-dressing for the real goal: simple theft.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:13 AM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Actually, the West developed all that middle eastern oil, and then had it nationalized which was really an act of war. You don't own oil on your land if you didn't develop it and had no knowledge or expertise of how to develop it. Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were third world countries, until they stole the oil that WE developed for them by out and out theft. Wantonly violating the contracts that were set up with the oil companies and simply stealing what they couldn't hope to build. Of course, they waited until WE built it for them before they decided to steal it. Nice job. We should have invaded them for real, but the age of conquest was over, and is over.

So you can point to the odd conquest here and there, and in Russia's case it's more a civil war than a foreign occupation. The fact remains that conquest is no longer a widespread activity at all. And hasn't been for quite some time. Hence, I am not paying reparations to Indians or slave descendants or anyone else. My message to the hustlers attempting to enslave me through collectivist theft: you're not a slave and you were not a victim of conquest, so if you want something in this life and in this time? EARN IT.

And the evidence shows that there are no native americans or native austrailians or native anyone. Everyone descends from ancient peoples who came from somewhere else. So the idea of reparations is ludicrous window-dressing for the real goal: simple theft.
So you stole their oil and when they take it back you acuse them of stealing your oil. Nationalization is usually done by paying for the infrastructure at the correct price. I can have whatever, anything in my house, it does not belong to you because you can use it and I have it lying around.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:16 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What type of measurement are you referring to? Carbon dating?
There are various measurement types, for instance genetic distances, mutation rates etc. And those are a lot more precise.

All of the measurements are affected by s.d. & errors.

Again the dispute is not if there were people in the Pacific before the 1490's, some are just sticklers for narrowing down when.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Not surprised genetic data does not support. Most living Indians have some mix of white in them, so you are just guessing on the dial what is new and what is old genetic markers.
Actually, they're not "just guessing" because they interview them before taking DNA samples. Anyone who knows they have an admixture is automatically excluded from the sample. There are, of course, people who are unaware they have an admixture.

The other problem is that previous studies always relied on mtDNA which is totally freaking useless as far as the peopling of the Earth or migrations.

It's only recently they began using Y-DNA. The difference between the two is that mtDNA is passed only from mother-to-daughter, while Y-DNA is passed only from father-to-son, because men have that extra chromosome which is what makes them men.

Tribal/clan leadership is paternal and hereditary. The tribal leader has a certain Y-DNA, then his sons -- the clan leaders -- have the same Y-DNA and their sons have the same Y-DNA and so on. When a tribe conquers another, they take widows as wives, so they introduce foreign mtDNA and then tribal and clan leaders often marry for political, social or economic reasons, so they introduce foreign mtDNA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Most skeletons are off-limits due to NAGPRA.
Unfortunately, Congress kow-towed to the Indians.

Science trumps religion. If their gods have a problem extracting DNA from skeletons, their gods can some see me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
All of the measurements are affected by s.d. & errors.
That's true.

It has been discovered that diet affects C-14 intake, so now they're having to re-date everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Saying humans are animals is similar to saying animals are just plant, because they reproduce and are in the beginning stage of reacting to the environment.
No, it isn't. That's a classic Straw Man totally misrepresenting the position.

Animals and plants are life, because they reproduce, among other things, but no one says animals are plants, except, of course, you.

You're the only one who says animals are plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, basically, the Germans deserved all of Eastern Europe, the low countries, france and even much of Russia - what they got fair and square had we not.....from the complete other side of the planet - intervened?
Which part of "they are Germans" do you not understand?

The French? They're Germans. They merely speak a Latin-based language instead of a Germanic language.

The Germans occupied everything west of, I think it's the River Volga, all the way to the Atlantic Ocean including the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Poland, Belarus and Ukraine.

I'm guessing "Black Sea German" isn't part of your vocabulary.

Black Sea Germans are Germans who lived there since the time of Germanic migrations. They did not live in Romania, but they did live in Bessarabia, which is Moldova and part of Ukraine, and Ukraine and Russia.

When the Wehrmacht invaded the Soviet Union, Hitler became enamored with a German man who spoke German and adhered to Germanic customs -- like all Black Sea Germans -- and whose name was Viktor Sorge.

Hitler posted him to the Reich Embassy in Tokyo. Sorge was actually a spy who relayed intel and other info to the Soviets and US.

That's how the US knew Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:31 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

No, it isn't. That's a classic Straw Man totally misrepresenting the position.

Animals and plants are life, because they reproduce, among other things, but no one says animals are plants, except, of course, you.

You're the only one who says animals are plants.

I didn't say animals are plants. What I was saying is that saying 'humans are animals ' is in the same degree as stupid as saying 'animals are plants.'

If you can't even read properly there is no way you can understand how both statements are false despite what most scientists say.

I saw a report once of how plants have "emotions" and "communicate" among them. If scientists were so inclined they would continue to pursue that line of thinking and some day come with the stupid example I showed. We have enough common sense to know animals are not plants. But science has convinced most people that humans are animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies