Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 08:28 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Seems he has been making regular visits to meet with those folks in Mexico.

Campaigning or continuing his concern for their safety and welfare.

It is odd for him to travel across the border from his home community to talk to the people who are risking their lives to try and settle in the USA.

Wonder if he is getting more information so he can better understand their plight.

It is a fascinating approach to dealing with a humanitarian crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 08:33 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Desperate and pathetic. Just like the rest of the democrat "progressive" clown car occupants trying to Out-Left each other.

LOL! Trump in landslide.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Isn't Texas doing many BILLIONS of dollars worth of business with Mexico? Don't Reps and Govs and Senators and admin officials of all types travel worldwide to our trading partners constantly?

I ask because I am told by my Texas friends that a vast part of the economy of the state depends on both Mexico and Mexicans. Is this not true? I can show some quotes from the Texas state government which seem to indicate it's the case......

Educate me. Aren't there massive US (owned and partner) supplier factories, mines, farms, etc. down there?

Old 06-30-2019, 09:47 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Isn't Texas doing many BILLIONS of dollars worth of business with Mexico? Don't Reps and Govs and Senators and admin officials of all types travel worldwide to our trading partners constantly?

I ask because I am told by my Texas friends that a vast part of the economy of the state depends on both Mexico and Mexicans. Is this not true? I can show some quotes from the Texas state government which seem to indicate it's the case......

Educate me. Aren't there massive US (owned and partner) supplier factories, mines, farms, etc. down there?
Umm..Beto holds no current government office. He is a private citizen who has no authority to negotiate with a foreign government

Old 06-30-2019, 10:09 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Quick, finish the wall.
You can't finish something that hasn't been started in the first place Besides, since you and other Trump fans are so convinced Trump will win reelection in a landslide, the campaign activities of competitors should be of no concern to you.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:21 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You can't finish something that hasn't been started in the first place Besides, since you and other Trump fans are so convinced Trump will win reelection in a landslide, the campaign activities of competitors should be of no concern to you.
Beto poses no risk to Trump being re-elected

Old 06-30-2019, 10:32 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
https://apnews.com/f0e50bbcfe7f4c65b5a711d42ccefc0a

Unbelievable! To have a presidential candidate go on foreign soil to trash a sitting potus is beyond disgusting.

Hey Beta...these people cant vote for you..why the hell are you campaigning?

O'Rogue is just spinning his wheels in hopes to buy votes for meaningless Democrats. As it is, he still won't win.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:33 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:

Is Beto a Rep, a Gov, a Senator or an Administration official? And didn't the left just attack Flynn for just having a conversation with a foreign leader while he was still a private citizen?

Old 06-30-2019, 11:07 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:

US government controls international trade and commerce with foreign governments/nations, not Texas or any other states.

When i was working for CBP's trade section, i placed an inbound shipment on hold for intensive exam. The broker and importer threatened to contact their local Congressman to demand that CBP must release the shipment ASAP.

ROFL

Old 06-30-2019, 11:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Logan Act violation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies