Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 05:44 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Recently, two of one of my kids friends, discovered that student loans taken out in their kids name, were used for a car and another parent got plastic surgery from money taken out in their childs name.

This came to surface when the kids who are now in mid twenties with good jobs, were trying to get qualified for a mortgage and saw their credit history show student loans, unknown to them.

So the left wants everyone of us to eat the bill for student loans which means we have to pay for cars, plastic surgery, studies that never finished, etc.

In another recent case we received an application for a rental and proof of funds was included as for income which showed USF student loan for which the student wanted to rent a house with a pool, for the family while the rest of family received disability and the house was at least an hour drive when no traffic jams are going on.

Do lefties, serious wants all of us to pay for BS items for which many student loans have been “abused” and now have to be forgiven and paid by “good people” who pay taxes, are serious in savings and/or investments for later in life!

NEVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
I think 2 of the 20 something Democrat candidates are campaigning on wiping out student loan.

I will not vote for Trump in the next election and don't support paying off student loans. Left & right families abuse the student loan & other govt. programs. I don't support letting those people get off.

But for me - I know that the 'promise' of paying off every student loan is an ideal that can't be reached. Like the 'lock her up', repeal the ACA, the wall.......none of them are real. They are great campaign chants for some but not realistic at all.

oh and for the record. there are a whole bunch of tax payers int he USA and they aren't all 'right leaning'. Lots of folks on the left pay taxes. I know folks love to trash on those celebrities -- making big bucks and paying taxes......

So don't feel like they are asking just YOU.....lol.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:52 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,993 times
I'm as conservative as can be but reading this post made me laugh. 'The left', collectively, does not care to forgive student loans. The extremists over the left want to forgive student loans. And that's why we need to keep these candidates out of the Whitehouse.

Your kids friend parents and the other example are anecdotal examples of Idiocracy. Don't use them to paint a broad strokes like that. Ridiculous.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:58 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
The scary part on the debates was that a few of them said that they wanted to be the president and have a democratic House and Senate. And the crowd cheered.

Can this ever happen?

What would happen as a result to our nation?

Would they even be able to massively allow this to happen (write off student loan debt, etc)

Old 07-01-2019, 06:03 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Would they even be able to massively allow this to happen (write off student loan debt, etc)
Let's hope it never happens. The government need to get out of the student loan business... Except for maybe military personnel.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:07 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
another reaganesqe Cadillac driven welfare queen example that should set the standard

Old 07-01-2019, 06:08 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Time was student loan money went straight from the lender to the school.

Give it to some kids and they go on a vacation or use it for anything they please.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:52 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
How did the kids know what the parents did with the money several years before if the kids never knew of the loans to begin with. Sounds like the parents paid for the kids college if the kids didn't have any loans that they know of.

The kids would have to sign for loans in order for the loans to be in the name of the kids. Someone cannot legally get loans in your name without your knowledge/signature.

I call BS on this story.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:00 AM

19,630 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Time was student loan money went straight from the lender to the school.

Give it to some kids and they go on a vacation or use it for anything they please.
I never took out student loans and I was shocked to find out it doesn't automatically go to the school. I mean, seriously? What do they expect to happen....

Old 07-01-2019, 07:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
A cousin of a friends brother told me................

Can you find issues that should be dealt with in all programs? Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies