Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 01:22 PM

17,938 posts, read 27,370,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Anyone watch some news coverage of Trump's meeting with the NK leader? There were a row of flags behind them-a mix of US and NK ones. I couldn't help but notice that there were more American flags there than at the Democratic presidential primary debates last week.
Yes! Everyone on the planet earth watched Trump's coverage.

I didn't watch the debates except for the lampooning of such on channel 360 Fox News. It was pretty good entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 01:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,849,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Yes! Everyone on the planet earth watched Trump's coverage.
I didn't. If you've seen one Trump publicity stunt/photo op, you've seen them all. And that's all this was.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:46 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,089,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Anyone watch some news coverage of Trump's meeting with the NK leader? There were a row of flags behind them-a mix of US and NK ones. I couldn't help but notice that there were more American flags there than at the Democratic presidential primary debates last week.
LOL. I see old Kim has you fooled into thinking American flags means they believe in American values.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:48 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,634,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
The American flag has become a symbol of the Republican Party.

Think about it, whenever you see a home or vehicle with a flag or flag graphic, you automatically assume it is owned by a Republican.

Therefore, I would not expect to see much of the flag at any Democrat function.
Why is it so important to have the American flag on every house and car anyway? This isn’t the 1950s-60s anymore! Real patriotic people find ways to actually help other Americans, instead of sitting in their recliners all day with their flag hanging from their house and making sure that nobody gets on their lawn.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:08 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,846,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Why is it so important to have the American flag on every house and car anyway? This isn’t the 1950s-60s anymore! Real patriotic people find ways to actually help other Americans, instead of sitting in their recliners all day with their flag hanging from their house and making sure that nobody gets on their lawn.
I was just making an observation, sorry if it struck a nerve.

Be honest, you feel yourself getting angry whenever you see a house with the flag out front and immediately start passing judgment on the backwoods hillbilly trumper who must live there.

I take comfort whenever I see it, knowing that a fellow member of the silent majority lives there.

It might be painful for some to admit, but the flag is clearly a Republican symbol now.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:32 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,634,398 times
Quote:

Be honest, you feel yourself getting angry whenever you see a house with the flag out front and immediately start passing judgment on the backwoods hillbilly trumper who must live there.

I take comfort whenever I see it, knowing that a fellow member of the silent majority lives there.

It might be painful for some to admit, but the flag is clearly a Republican symbol now.
Not at all, I love the American Flag! 🇺🇸

But just so you know, not everyone who displays one is a good person or even cares about this country and its citizens.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:37 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,846,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Not at all, I love the American Flag! 🇺🇸
Haha yea, right... if we are telling tall tales, I have total respect for AOC and don’t think IIhan Omar is a terrorist

Old 07-01-2019, 02:47 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,601,973 times
Quote:
The American flag has become a symbol of the Republican Party.

Think about it, whenever you see a home or vehicle with a flag or flag graphic, you automatically assume it is owned by a Republican.

Therefore, I would not expect to see much of the flag at any Democrat function.
No, not even the case. I own an American flag, a big one at that. I served my country proudly and I fly my flag proudly. You guys do not own the flag, I have friends and family member with flags as well. Sorry to disappoint you, but the flag is no more a symbol the republican party than I am, and I am not a republican. The flag represent all Americans of both party, both side have people who fought and died for that flag, and no one party gets to own it. That in itself is very disrespectful and offensive.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:52 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,601,973 times
Quote:

Well come make that observation in my neighborhood. I live in a republican heavy neighborhood, and you will be hard pressed to find a flag flying anywhere. And I live in a red state in the deep south.

Old 07-01-2019, 03:11 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,849,072 times
Quote:
Nope, I refuse to cede my flag to the backwards hillbilly Trump supporters. It is my flag too, and they can't have it.

Quote:
It didn't belong to the GOP when the teabaggers draped it around their fat old bodies, and it likewise doesn't belong to the GOP now with the fat old Trump supporters who wave it mindlessly.

The flag belongs to all Americans, the stupid and ignorant as well as all the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies