Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Ok you are nuts, there is no way anyone would want that. Say what you want about Clinton she is no push over and if I need a dog in a fight with a foreign country, I want a mean SOB that can play the diplomacy but is also tuff enough to not fold or give into an opponent for a crap deal.

Ivanka would get torn up like cheap tissue, coddled too much, not enough grit there. She represents what America used to dislike about the rich. Using their money for access, not putting in the work and putting your skills to the grindstone to hone them.

This is not about Hillary as a President, this is about who is going to go to the mat in a fight.
Most conservatives on here seem to put party above country it’s something the rest of us just accept.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Maybe Ivanka can drive one of the tanks at Trump's 4th of July campaign rally on the Mall this year.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:15 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Have the Democrats applied for any anti-Independence Day protests yet?

Old 07-02-2019, 07:54 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Unsolved mysteries what does Ivanka do??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf13...&feature=share

Old 07-02-2019, 08:09 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I'm not the one she needs to impress.

She was in a room full of those people and looked like a deer in headlights.
She looked like a little girl playing dress up. And that's how most of the people in that room treated her. There wasn't a single world leader in that room who wanted anything to do with her. They tolerated her the way one tolerates a little kid a colleague brings to a serious meeting, and who thinks because Daddy brought her, she is somehow relevant in a room full of world leaders. In other words, barely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I don't mind her but I wish she'd use her "outside voice" more.
That breathy little girl voice only adds to her clueless, child-like image.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:32 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Ivanka looked silly and sounded like a nitwit.

They are not only laughing at her, but at us for letting this ridiculous bunch of grifters represents the U.S

Its bad enough he cons his way into the WH, but gets his whole family in on the action. Sounds like the way the mob works.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:07 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,342 times
Ivanka goes to these events because Trump is senile and needs a minder.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:16 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Ivanka should have stayed in NYC, put some fake distance in and kept doing her thing. She could have kept on with her business and kept building. Politics does not look like a good fit for her.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:55 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
Sorry, I thought of not taking any part in Ivanka topic (since two of my posts on this in other topic were deleted), but the attempts to justify her attendance at g20, and being "Senior WH advisor" in a nation of 300M+, totally baffles me. I'm from a country of 4M that I consider banana republic and even we do not do that. Yet.

I can understand people having different opinions on things like border situation, race, economy, you name it. There are presently two opposed narratives for practically anything.

but, hello, everyone can see WH blatant nepotism. This bunch (except Trump himself) is not elected. It is also unqualified. Democrats reject them. Some Republicans too, for a variety of reasons. Those who "like" them do so only because they are part of their beloved Prez family. But he behaves like a monarch. Shouldn't it worry you?

World leaders at g20 in the pictures with Ivanka have tortured faces. Well, that's the only good part of the story. Twitter is having a field day with it plus putting Ivanka on the Mount Rushmore, next to MLK, Beatles, Churchill Roosevelt, and Stalin. And it doesn't seem to bother her. Which is the most indicative part of it all. But if I continue to say why, post will get deleted again.
-
The father-daughter team isn’t merely off-putting for its transparent use of the office of the presidency to advance future personal gain but for what it signals to the world: This is not a serious White House, and American diplomacy is a family business.

Yep, I agree with the above poster.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:04 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Orange family bad
I guess this is the default statement when you have nothing to add.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies