Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 09:58 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Only 22% of Commie Democrats are extremely proud, down 10 points in one year—-No surprise!
I find your post sad for an entirely different reason.

Your post implies that we should feel "proud" no matter what, and that it's a good thing to feel proud. Has it ever occurred to you that when we're stuck with an ignorant, lying, bigoted president who, apart from his unhinged and vulgar demeanor, is noted for undermining stability and breaking agreements, that there's nothing much to be proud of? Normal people aren't proud of being represented by a heartless, self-aggrandzing bully.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:14 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
And another day’s work at the Moscow troll factory. The usual suspects are online.
Exactly.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:08 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I tried to find a similar post you might have made when the right lost its mind over the notion that Obama might meet with KJU and I couldn’t find one. Did you hold the same opinion at that time?
Of course not. Ive never had much criticism over obama other than being a no show on hope and change.
I voted for him in 2008 mccain palin was a bad joke. 2012 I sat out couldnt support a fake fundie no matter how great his dad was.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:17 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I find your post sad for an entirely different reason.

Your post implies that we should feel "proud" no matter what, and that it's a good thing to feel proud. Has it ever occurred to you that when we're stuck with an ignorant, lying, bigoted president who, apart from his unhinged and vulgar demeanor, is noted for undermining stability and breaking agreements, that there's nothing much to be proud of? Normal people aren't proud of being represented by a heartless, self-aggrandzing bully.
Your portrayal is not shared by everyone and it seems you are highly impressed by slick phoney career politicians who are accomplished liars and are most concerned with never offending anyone and telling everyone what they want to hear.

Good for you. Heartless, self aggrandizing bully.

Who has he bullied?

Heartless. Because he hasnt let invaders run loose around the country?

Whats the opposite of heartless bully? We want a president who opens the border and gives all the illegals a year free stay at holiday inn?

Old 07-03-2019, 01:55 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I agree. These days, this country has become defined by its racism, xenophobia, homophobia, religious intolerance, and anti-intellectualism. This country is currently drunk on Christofascism. It's hard to be proud of that. The America I grew up in doesn't exist anymore.
Well stated!

Old 07-03-2019, 02:04 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
WHERE on earth do you get this stuff?????

I actually do hate Donald Trump. And have for years, long before he ever ran for national office (he's run twice before, you know.) You know that famous picture of Trump with the Clintons at some wedding or other? When it was first published, years ago, it turned my stomach.

As for the people who vote for Trump, some of them are in my own family, and while it's fair to say that I am exasperated with them, I don't hate them.

And I find it a bit - odd, that you don't hate Trump for exchanging love letters (his own words) with Kim Jong-un, the communist dictator of North Korea, and for openly admiring Putin, the communist dictator of Russia, who makes no secret of his desire to restore the USSR empire.
My views exactly. I despised Trump decades before he ran for president and also have a few family members who support him. I don’t hate them but I had recognized their ignorance years before Trump ran for president. I know “good” people who support Trump but, they cling to their fear that the country is leaving them behind.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:16 AM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I was extremely proud of this country when we elected President Obama.
I was extremely proud of this country in spite of Obama being elected. lol. Actually, Obama was an okay president, certainly not as bad as Jimmy Carter.

I still dread the day that another Democrat gets elected president. The United States will finally get flooded over with Third World illegals.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:14 AM

89,012 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Only 22% of Commie Democrats are extremely proud, down 10 points in one year—-No surprise!

https://news.gallup.com/poll/259841/...al-system.aspx
Clearly, Democrats hate the US. Why don't they just leave the US... emigrate to somewhere else?

Old 07-03-2019, 05:17 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
The same poll that gave Hillary a clear lead in the Presidential election. Why do people place any credence at all in these things?

Old 07-03-2019, 05:53 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Clearly, Democrats hate the US. Why don't they just leave the US... emigrate to somewhere else?
Because they love their country...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies