Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 07:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well if everybody acted like that, then it won't be a news.

I am sure you know this.
I was sent to very strict parochial schools when I was growing up. So, no, I don't know that. There was physical, emotional, and mental abuse of children in the name of christ daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 07:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The church lady was so loving and tactful they way she treated that child. Makes every teen want to go to church!
You've posted numerous times that you hate all religion.

You've started many threads bashing the church and Christians.

Don't you have any other hobbies? You've spewed more hate than any Christian I've ever met.

Last edited by MPowering1; 07-02-2019 at 08:52 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 07:49 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
I was sent to very strict parochial schools when I was growing up. So, no, I don't know that. There was physical, emotional, and mental abuse of children in the name of christ daily.
well, that is unfortunately your experience. I am sorry this has happened to you.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:50 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Yes you do know that or else you wouldn't have needed to qualify your parochial school as "very strict."

Old 07-02-2019, 07:51 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Okay, so she on stage for choir practice. We don't know that they don't have a dress code for choir. I don't know, way too much drama for me.
I sang in choir for both my mom's church (non-denominational Protestant) and my dad's church (Catholic). For rehearsals, there was no dress code. Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, whatever--heck, I even went to Protestant choir practice wearing my Catholic softball team uniform, because I had a game right afterwards and wouldn't have time to change (LOL)....though obviously, for the actual performances, we were expected to dress up.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yes you do know that or else you wouldn't have needed to qualify your parochial school as "very strict."
Laws have been passed forbidding child abuse since I attended those schools.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:06 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
That overweight old biddy shouldn't point fingers. She's not exactly a sylph herself (and that long shirted ensemble she's wearing doesn't exactly cover HER bulges). She's doing the world a favor wearing the mom crops.

Besides, wasn't this choir practice? Not a Sunday morning service.

OTOH, I once ended up on the OTHER side of the coin...singled out and reprimanded for wearing shorts and having them measured standing, sitting, kneeling (I'm a size 4) on Casual Friday when my plus sized co-workers wore similar (even shorter).

Old 07-02-2019, 08:25 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Someone makes a rude comment about someone else's shorts, and now it's national farkin' news?

Makes a strong case we've just about perfected our existence to the point of banality. Time to let the Visigoths sack the place.

People are addicted to outrage.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:31 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Overweight yet another group of people not welcome in Christian church. Got it.
Please do not confuse the hateful behavior of one judgmental woman with Christianity. This is not what Christ taught.

The pastor of the church in question has been very supportive of the young woman who was attacked, and it seems that is also true for almost all of this church's congregation. You can learn this easily by looking at the young woman's Twitter feed.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:37 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Excuse this girl for wearing shorts in North Carolina in the summer. Even if she wore them in church. She wore normal looking jean shorts and a long-sleeved shirt. I don't see the big deal.

When I was a kid/young teen my Catholic church had summer CCD programs. We girls would show up in shorts, skirts, sundresses, tank tops, including to church for quick services or confession. No one ever seemed to care. I don't recall any adult ever commenting on anyone's outfit or telling us or our parents we had to cover up more because it's church. It's summer, it's hot. Everyone MYOB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies