Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 12:01 PM

50,135 posts, read 46,774,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. The liquor stores HAVE to sell edible "snacks" (like bags of chips, etc.) to be able to accept EBT SNAP benefits. The scam everyone knows about is that liquor is rung up as those "edible snack foods" so recipients can use their EBT SNAP benefits to buy liquor.
and this

Can You Get Cash Back When Using Your TAFDC (“Cash”) Balance?
Yes, you CAN get cash back if you have a “Cash” balance through TAFDC on your EBT card. When you make a purchase using your TAFDC balance at a point-of-sale (POS) machine at any store that accepts EBT cards, you will have the option of receiving cash back.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:09 PM

52,457 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
LOL! Yes, it's coming. Everything that used to be bad is now good, and you must not only accept it, but promote, and glorify it! Que, Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" as their anthem.
we're headed there already..

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-trainers.html

Old 07-03-2019, 12:21 PM

662 posts, read 311,500 times
I don't want fattening foods taxed, I don't think food should be taxed at all, even junk food.

I'd settle for cutting out farm subsidies that use taxpayer money to make junk food far cheaper than it would be otherwise.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,723,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
And run deficits like there's no tomorrow.

obama was the one that added ten trillion to the national debt in his time in office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I suggest you contact every health organization on the planet and let them know this. They seem to be woefully ill-informed. They, supported by decades of research, think being overweight/obese? Not so good for your health. Advise against it.

You are still equating being fat with being nice. They are not one and the same. They are different.

Does your diabetes care if you are a nice person? Will it go away if you are super-duper nice?
Does your kidney infection care if you say please and thank you?

You are defending being unhealthy because YOU think it makes YOU a good person. And I think you are also in denial about your own health status and defending that too. "Under control"? Means you have a health problem.

Whatever floats your boat.

you STILL DONT GET IT DO YOU, its not about what the person looks like, its about how they deal with people, its about CHARACTER. over the last 60 years i have met people of all shapes and sizes, and colors, that i would very much try to avoid because they had bad CHARACTER. my point was i dont give a flying firetruck about what they look like, its all about the way they treat people.

so please get that through your thick head.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:26 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,554,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
obama was the one that added ten trillion to the national debt in his time in office.
Quote:
One important difference between Trump's debt figures and Obama's is that Trump has added a massive amount of debt while the US economy has been strong, whereas Obama took over during the depths of the financial crisis.

Economists typically recommend that the federal government increase spending, and thus add more debt, during times of economic struggles and then pay down that debt when the economy recovers. So while economic theory would support Obama's spending to help support the economy, Trump's recent debt binge has less support among economists.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...clinton-2019-2

Old 07-03-2019, 05:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,894,372 times
Quote:

you STILL DONT GET IT DO YOU, its not about what the person looks like, its about how they deal with people, its about CHARACTER. over the last 60 years i have met people of all shapes and sizes, and colors, that i would very much try to avoid because they had bad CHARACTER. my point was i dont give a flying firetruck about what they look like, its all about the way they treat people.

I absolutely understand you perfectly. You've made your point very clear.

And I've said that you are talking about PERSONALITY. What does personalty have to do with HEALTH?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Obesity kills people whether they are nice or jerks.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:34 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,105,961 times
Quote:

Preach! It's sad how fixated the world is on looks. In my experience, appearance and character have no correlation.

Old 07-04-2019, 02:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,723,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I absolutely understand you perfectly. You've made your point very clear.

And I've said that you are talking about PERSONALITY. What does personalty have to do with HEALTH?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Obesity kills people whether they are nice or jerks.

people are going to die anyway, and they will do it in gods time, not yours, or theirs unless they choose to commit suicide. so it doesnt matter if someone dies of obesity, a gunshot, a heart attack, or old age. remember the two inevitable things in this world taxes and death. so my advice is go live life the way you see fit, and let others live the life they see fit. if you want to eat band boring food, then fine, if someone else wants to eat big macs all week long, fine. god gave the human race free will, and that means no one can take that away, least of all people like you who think you know what is best for everyone else.

jesus once said remove the log from your own eye before you remove the twig from your neighbors.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:02 AM

27,019 posts, read 13,262,515 times
Quote:
people are going to die anyway, and they will do it in gods time, not yours, or theirs unless they choose to commit suicide. so it doesnt matter if someone dies of obesity, a gunshot, a heart attack, or old age. remember the two inevitable things in this world taxes and death. so my advice is go live life the way you see fit, and let others live the life they see fit. if you want to eat band boring food, then fine, if someone else wants to eat big macs all week long, fine. god gave the human race free will, and that means no one can take that away, least of all people like you who think you know what is best for everyone else.

jesus once said remove the log from your own eye before you remove the twig from your neighbors.
The problem is that obesity is going to cost the US tax payer a lot of money in lost productivity, disability payments and medical care, and in terms of life expectancy does America really want to have lower life expectancy than other first world countries.

Obesity has even over taken smoking, as the main cause of cancer in some countries and therefore encouraging a balanced diet is the most sensible policy.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-04-2019 at 04:17 AM..

Old 07-04-2019, 04:04 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,152,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
So, I was wondering, we have democrats who want to tax fattening foods like sodas because it's one of the root causes of our obesity epidemic, but at the same time, they also want fat people to be accepted like the Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Ashley Graham.

What's with these double standards? With democrats being all about the environment, universal health care and well being of everyone, wouldn't they also want to make sure that we are not glamorizing obese people, since it is very unhealthy to begin with?
I wonder what the problem with the word "accepted" is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies