Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 05:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The trade war is making the deficits worse. Could someone tell that to Trump. Maybe Kellyann, Putin, Kim, Stormy, or someone he else might actually listen to.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...oar/ar-AADNzCU

The goods trade deficit with China, a focus of President Donald Trump's "America First" agenda, increased 12.2% to $30.2 billion, with imports rising 12.8%. Trump recently raised additional import tariffs on Chinese goods, prompting Beijing to retaliate.
Liberals don't understand the long game, which also explains their desire for free college.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Did I disappoint you with my response to your previous question?
Not at all. You are using a Chinese smartphone and chinese computers and routers to answer it. Just because you can't read the brand is no excuse.

I would never work at a job where Chinese monitors were used. I'm American.

Oh, those parts for your car? Largest suppliers of brakes....for GM and many other makes.....yep, in China. Suppliers of many of the chips, diagnostic tools, etc. for cars? In China.

Let me assure you of this. Your world as you know it would end tomorrow if you stopped using Chinese stuff. Not to say you would pass away, but most everything would take many years (or decades) to get back to where you are today.

Many of us, tho, do actually buy stuff and are homeowners. If we all want to not buy stuff and rent places we might be able to claim we don't support the Chinese....as much...but we'd have to leave the internet behind first. Then cable TV...then most of broadcast TV (yep, all that equipment, cameras, digital transmitters), then all the cell phone service and so on.

You can't do it. You can pretend and I hope it makes you feel good.

Note - I owned manufacturing concerns and had many a ton of castings...aluminum and iron...made in old line family foundries in Pennsylvania. Those are still in business - and they also import many castings from China because it doesn't pay them to make certain ones.

Maybe we should close them down because they are still in business castings...because they can more fully meet their customer needs?

Bottom line is you don't even know what your stuff is. We imported cast iron from Norway and later found out it was made in China. We got really angry at the maker (brand)....it wasn't labeled.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:26 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,365,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Not at all. You are using a Chinese smartphone and chinese computers and routers to answer it. Just because you can't read the brand is no excuse.

I would never work at a job where Chinese monitors were used. I'm American.

Oh, those parts for your car? Largest suppliers of brakes....for GM and many other makes.....yep, in China. Suppliers of many of the chips, diagnostic tools, etc. for cars? In China.

Let me assure you of this. Your world as you know it would end tomorrow if you stopped using Chinese stuff. Not to say you would pass away, but most everything would take many years (or decades) to get back to where you are today.

Many of us, tho, do actually buy stuff and are homeowners. If we all want to not buy stuff and rent places we might be able to claim we don't support the Chinese....as much...but we'd have to leave the internet behind first. Then cable TV...then most of broadcast TV (yep, all that equipment, cameras, digital transmitters), then all the cell phone service and so on.

You can't do it. You can pretend and I hope it makes you feel good.

Note - I owned manufacturing concerns and had many a ton of castings...aluminum and iron...made in old line family foundries in Pennsylvania. Those are still in business - and they also import many castings from China because it doesn't pay them to make certain ones.

Maybe we should close them down because they are still in business castings...because they can more fully meet their customer needs?

Bottom line is you don't even know what your stuff is. We imported cast iron from Norway and later found out it was made in China. We got really angry at the maker (brand)....it wasn't labeled.
Do you think there is anything in your post that I don't already know?

Your comment about Chinese monitors makes no sense.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:36 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Be sure to let us know what you order.

And you still miss the point.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/

When Hillary's VP pick (forget the name) spoke at the Taylor, MI fire station (yeah, big ****ing crowd!), Hillary had her minions selling made-in-Haiti campaign t-shirts outside.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/...s-did-to-haiti

Meanwhile....

10.ARE YOUR PRODUCTS AMERICAN MADE?

All of our products are 100% proudly made in the USA.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/pages/...t-the-campaign

Old 07-04-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Meanwhile....

10.ARE YOUR PRODUCTS AMERICAN MADE?

All of our products are 100% proudly made in the USA.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/pages/...t-the-campaign
Sure - and all of his workers are Americans.

We believe that. That's why I could show you many pictures of Trump march with the Made in China labels...and show you many illegals who have worked at his clubs...and so on and son on.

But, hey, if you want to fool yourself be my guest. That seems a popular pastime these days.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Do you think there is anything in your post that I don't already know?

In that case you are guilty as charged. Welcome to the "we like the quality and price of Chinese imported goods" club. I'm in it too.

So we have a lot in common. Good.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Liberals don't understand the long game, which also explains their desire for free college.
You mean the USA has to wait another 35 years for Reagans trickle-down and amnesties to really take hold?

Sorry, but two generations is too long to wait when something has already been proven to be BS.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:24 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,475,534 times
Quote:
So people are not buying cars, fuel or houses......but you are happy they are buying plastic shelves and lots of food (Chinese apple juice at Walmart) and everything else?

Strange....I would think that the consumer durables would be one key metric...not tupperware (ALL made in China).
why is there Chinese apple juice at Walmart....wouldn't you rather Washington state apple juice???

now if we impose a tariff on china, then Washington apple juice will be better priced than china juice.....

the point is to improve OUR country, and its workers....I could give two craps about workers in other countries

I am an American, I support America, not china or mexico

Old 07-04-2019, 11:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,475,534 times
Quote:
You mean the USA has to wait another 35 years for Reagans trickle-down and amnesties to really take hold?

Sorry, but two generations is too long to wait when something has already been proven to be BS.
wasn't Reagan amnesties....ted ""10 amnesties since 1965" Kennedy's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies