Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 08:54 AM

5,796 posts, read 3,234,101 times

Advertisements

I watched the Democratic debate on Wednesday and Thursday nights. I don't recall any of the NBC moderators asking about candidate union support or any of the candidates volunteering support for the union movement.

Less than 10% of the private sector is unionized. There are many who would bring back sweat shops, and the company store. There are many who already take full advantage of unpaid overtime, and there are many more who would work unpaid overtime should the AFL/CIO go away.

Not one candidate indicated their opposition to the Janus v. AFSCME decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 09:04 AM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I watched the Democratic debate on Wednesday and Thursday nights. I don't recall any of the NBC moderators asking about candidate union support or any of the candidates volunteering support for the union movement.

Less than 10% of the private sector is unionized. There are many who would bring back sweat shops, and the company store. There are many who already take full advantage of unpaid overtime, and there are many more who would work unpaid overtime should the AFL/CIO go away.

When I was young the Democrats were the party of the average working person. Unions, Farmers and the little guy.

I have no idea what they are other than anarchists now.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:18 AM

291 posts, read 160,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
When I was young the Democrats were the party of the average working person. Unions, Farmers and the little guy.

Yep. In a 10 person debate, where time is limited, a candidate will spend time talking about abortion access for transgendered women. They're falling all over themselves to see who can be the most woke and are outright showing that they don't care about the majority of American citizens.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:19 AM

13,995 posts, read 5,652,661 times
Quote:

Anarchists? LMAO, they are the diametrical opposite of anarchists. They are authoritarian dictatorial statists in every possible sense and meaning of the phrase. In fact, for the modern Democrat to get farther away from anarchism than they currently are, you'd need to invent new dimensions and reinvent the concept of space and time.

The Democrats, like the Republicans, are the party of the Oppressive Welfare State Thugocracy, differing only from their Republican peers in which authoritarian dials they set to 10 and which to 9.

Free college for all? Yeah, by forcibly taking from all to fund it.
Free healthcare for all? Yeah, by forcibly taking from all to fund it.
Free everything for illegals? Yeah, by forcibly taking from all to fund it.

They are promising to take an already bloated, unsustainable welfare state already buckling under its own weight and multiply its size and cost by like 5x over the next 10-20 years, and enslaving you and the next dozen or so generations to the yoke to fund it. And you call that anarchy? Uhm, methinks you know not the meaning of certain words.

The average working person is a villain to BOTH parties, especially the ones in the private sector who don't rely on the State for any sort of subsistence. That average person represents opposition to the notion of their goal of 100% nanny-statism. Unions represent a protective group that isn't them, i.e. competition for nanny services. They were and still are marginally useful for campaign funding, but they are careful to limit their size and power, because you don't want them thinking they can nanny folks like Leviathan can....because hell no, we aren't allowing anyone to grab any of that market share.

The average working person in the US is a resource for their consumption, nothing more. Don't ever, for one second, think you are worth anything more than that...not to them. You are a line item in a general ledger of forcible taking and subjugation. To quote Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, you are not even human-f***ing-beings. You matter only in so far as what you can produce that they can consume to enrich and empower them. That's all. You are their soylent red_white_and_blue.

And trust an anarchist here...that ain't anarchy.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:20 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,122,721 times
You are surprised they are abandoning the middle class for a more radical agenda? You are just figuring this out now?

Old 06-28-2019, 09:21 AM

5,796 posts, read 3,234,101 times
Quote:

Same here. When I was a kid there was a union picnic every Summer. The picnic included all of the building trades in the NYC area. I remember how the carpenters entered contests to see who could drive a nail with one shot. There were hot dogs, burgers, water melons, and soft drinks.

Public service unions still have the picnics but it's not the extravaganza that I remember as a kid.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:29 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,122,721 times
Quote:
Public service unions still have the picnics but it's not the extravaganza that I remember as a kid.

They spent it on the private party for the union heads instead.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:30 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,691,747 times
Quote:

Get a clue !!!

Democrats no longer believe in supporting citizens !!!

They are all in on supporting noncitizens !!! They are the party of hate for America !!!

Old 06-28-2019, 09:41 AM

59,274 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:

Most unions have DIED for GOOD REASONS.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:45 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,994,539 times
I honestly don't think even one of them has a message that is good news for the average American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies