Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2019, 04:47 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,014,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Many are dinging Trump for the celebration saying he is boosting his ego.

July 4th Celebration 2016...

Kendrick Lamar to Perform July 4th Concert at White House

In December, Obama revealed that Lamar’s To Pimp a Butterfly standout “How Much a Dollar Cost” was his favorite song of 2015. A month later, Lamar visited the Oval Office to talk to POTUS to promote the Pay It Forward program, which encourages the mentoring of inner city youth.

Sounds like Obama wanted to entertain himself.

However extravagant Trump gets with these things, at least the country is getting some love today.
The country gets love everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
We marched in one and felt very proud.
No one asked if you had pride. We always had pride in whatever tasks we had.

I asked if you guys WANTED to be assigned to parade detail. The answer is NO.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:59 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,014,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm not lying. Sorry, but because you hated the military, is not my fault.

LOL 2/4 CAV, based out of Savannah GA.......as opposed to a unit based out of where???? Italy?

No we cared....but....we had to do things like take care of helicopters, and make sure we kept them in shape to deploy people such as you that did not have the qualifications that I did, and others that took care of helicopters.......

What does this have to do with anything we are talking about? Ohhh...never mind, you hate trump.....nothing more nothing less....
You were a helicopter mechanic. Let’s not get carried away. Combat Service & Support for crying out loud. You weren’t a pilot.

LMAO @ “hated the military.”

Unlike you, I didn’t need military service. I had my degree. Paid for!!! So I didn’t need the money. I went in purely for adventure and resume padding in hopes of joining the Foreign Service. You HAD to join in order to make your life better. The military didn’t improve my life one bit other than giving me another box to check. So if I hated the military so much, why did I waste my time joining it?

At the end of the day, if I hated the military, it’s meaningless. My discharge is exactly the same as yours. Your service was no more distinguished than mine. You just stayed longer than I did because I had better opportunities than you did on the outside.

So how I feel or felt about the Army is immaterial.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:06 PM

36,924 posts, read 18,791,488 times
It may not happen, anyway. It was still raining on the Mall ten minutes ago.

If it does happen, the public is so far away from the VIP section separated by a fence that no one might ever have any idea whether it did or not. "One nation" my grand Aunt Fanny...

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1146893215347499018

Old 07-04-2019, 05:13 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,862,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You were a helicopter mechanic. Let’s not get carried away. Combat Service & Support for crying out loud. You weren’t a pilot.

In the Chinook world, do you have to be a pilot to be in combat?

Quote:
LMAO @ “hated the military.”

You're not showing anything different?

Quote:
Unlike you, I didn’t need military service. I had my degree. Paid for!!! So I didn’t need the money. I went in purely for adventure and resume padding in hopes of joining the Foreign Service. You HAD to join in order to make your life better. The military didn’t improve my life one bit other than giving me another box to check. So if I hated the military so much, why did I waste my time joining it?

You are absolutely right, I HAD to join. Not sure your point? You had a wealthy family?

Quote:
At the end of the day, if I hated the military, it’s meaningless. My discharge is exactly the same as yours. Your service was no more distinguished than mine. You just stayed longer than I did because I had better opportunities than you did on the outside.

You clearly hated the military.

My retirement is far better than your discharge.

You cannot prove this, other than your word, and we all know your word.....

Quote:
So how I feel or felt about the Army is immaterial.

Then why the heck are you even posting here? Oh, I know why.....but never mind...

Old 07-04-2019, 05:13 PM

6,678 posts, read 3,297,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We're disgusted at the waste of our tax dollars.
Spending billions every year on illegal immigrants is a bigger waste, but the left has no problem with that.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:18 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,862,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It may not happen, anyway. It was still raining on the Mall ten minutes ago.

If it does happen, the public is so far away from the VIP section separated by a fence that no one might ever have any idea whether it did or not. "One nation" my grand Aunt Fanny...

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1146893215347499018

What was the view in 2015?

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm, click on the @mikeduncan folks.....seems baldie maybe not telling the truth.....

Old 07-04-2019, 05:24 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,087,338 times
is there ANYWHERE an explicit estimate of the cost, how that compares to years past, and who may be footing the difference?

Thanks. I've gotten through 50 responses and they were all insults back and forth.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:25 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,087,338 times
crap, I missed it. How could I have known - the earth never stopped rotating

Old 07-04-2019, 05:26 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,076,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Absolutely disgusting that tax dollars will be spent on an event open to Republican donors with tickets distributed by the RNC.

Trump's got money to burn in his war chest - if he wants planes and tanks HE can pay out of campaign contributions. Just one more illegal thing Trump is doing that will cost us millions.
You are used to parades with crime bosses and community organizers. Here in Washington we have Patriots that enjoy a good parade and celebration of our freedoms.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:28 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,076,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
is there ANYWHERE an explicit estimate of the cost, how that compares to years past, and who may be footing the difference?

Thanks. I've gotten through 50 responses and they were all insults back and forth.
The Fourth of July festivities in DC do cost a lot of money. This occurs every year. Even before our President Trump arrived on the scene. Is there a problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies