Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 08:28 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Here in so cal whites haven't been the majority for a few yrs now. I was just noticing yesterday where I was at that I was practically the only white guy. Not really upset by it, just saying, it's happening for sure.

Rosetta Stone stock will probably do ok though.....

No, I have never taken you as a racist. You and I come down on different sides of political issues, but I suspect we could have a good debate, then drink out beers and eat our appetizers.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 08:30 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
I don't think having dogs in the house in/of itself is disgusting.

What it comes down to is what you allow your dogs to get away with while they're inside. There are people who let them lay all over their beds, couches, chairs and even tables after they've been outside roaming around with all sorts of dirt, bugs and insects, which quite frankly is just trifling.

And even if the dog is some weirdo that stays indoors all of the time and is also house trained, they will shed everywhere which will make the house smell bad if you're not a very clean person (and let's be honest, many people aren't).

A lot of people in my state consider having dogs in the house disgusting, of course we do not wear shoes in the house either... so dogs are a given. It's cultural.

I have 2 90 house dogs. Roomba has to go every morning, and I should mop every day, but it's more like once a week.

They are not allowed in rooms with carpet.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-06-2019, 08:35 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
It appears the democrats nefarious plans are coming to fruition. Kill off the evil and racist white race.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/l...-census-shows/
KILL off the whites? I hope you realize that 40% or so of whites do vote democrat. If they were trying to kill off whites, then how come the figure is that high?

No, this is just paranoia of the type that entered the heads of White Southerners 80 years ago, thinking if the blacks "took over", then whites would get persecuted.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:37 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No, I have never taken you as a racist. You and I come down on different sides of political issues, but I suspect we could have a good debate, then drink out beers and eat our appetizers.
Probably one of the things that is missing these days, just a basic idea of people getting along across all strata, across various subjects and views. I don't know, sad times were in. People are people, I've got no time for racism.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:48 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Do a lot of black people really think that keeping your dog in the house is disgusting?

My office is pretty balanced between white and black. We have a couple of Hispanics and folks from
India, Pakistan and Trinidad.

Anyway the subject came up and I was really surprised at how many black people in my office think keeping pets in the house is disgusting.

Theroot.com seems to bear that out. Is it a socioeconomic thing more than a racial one ?

That’s what I would think. My office is blue-collar.

I’m vegan and my black vegan friends tell me they feel very out of place in their own culture. These are their words, not mine.

I avoid bbqs too lol.

I don’t care what color somebody is. It’s what is passed down to the next generation that concerns me.

Yeah I have a name for white people who think it’s okay to tie a dog to a post outside too. I was just shocked at how vehement they were about not keeping animals indoors. Is it a southern thing?
As a born and raised Texan, it is not a southern thing. As some one who has lived most of her life in multi ethnic neighborhoods, it isn't a culture thing ... it is a personal preference thing. Most black people I have met, will take care of their pets ... but there is always the one and he lived next door to me.

Co-worker needed a ride home from work. Her dog was chained outside ... a puppy that will grow into a big dog ... any way he was outside, because her husband was outside ... when they go in so does the dog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
A lot of people in my state consider having dogs in the house disgusting, of course we do not wear shoes in the house either... so dogs are a given. It's cultural.

I have 2 90 house dogs. Roomba has to go every morning, and I should mop every day, but it's more like once a week.

They are not allowed in rooms with carpet.
I've house broke every one of mine; weight range from 4lbs to 65lb black and white lab. I said once how I did it and people told me that it was inhuman what I did ... so now it's a secret. I can house break a cat too ... yes, same way. But here is the thing ... they will tell me they need to go outside; sometimes I get woke at 2 a.m. and if I do not get up and put them out ... then I have a mess to clean up and they do not get scolded for my misbehavior ...

Old 07-07-2019, 02:56 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
The browning of America is inevitable. May as well embrace it. I can’t think of a single downside.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:59 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
The percentage of whites is about to get much less, with the abolishment of abortion.

The right should be happy about that.
Abortion rates have declined since 1973, as well, so there's that ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenberry View Post
I know right? This is actually the reason I think they’re desperately trying to “end” abortion. The truth is, whites aren’t reproducing like other races unless of course you put them on the spot in a “forced birth” scenario. But that might not even even work. There are some evidence to suggest that white women are actually less fertile Han blacks or hispanics.
I've been looking at this a long time and people on c-d by now probably go, on no ... here goes Ellis again

The CDC does not support the finding of infertility greater among white women. Visit their website to learn more ...

Because it is a strange phenomenon, they did look into it and there isn't anything strange to report about it, so far ...

There is no 'forced birth' scenario, there is, however, contraception and women have access to both.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:35 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Boomers can't pass away fast enough ...

Yes the Millennial is the changing of the guards so-to-speak, which comes with the changing of ideas and their children too, will change ideas, that of the previous generation and so on and so on ...

Social evolution ... it happens.
Indeed

Old 07-07-2019, 05:38 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who wants to be a minority in their own country
Very problematic ideas baked into that statement. It assumes that whites own the USA whats funny is Hispanics will be considered white in a few decades just like how in the past Irish and Italians were not considered white.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:40 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The browning of America is inevitable. May as well embrace it. I can’t think of a single downside.
LOLOL...turning the knife eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies