Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 01:21 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times

Advertisements

Justin Amash is a republican, I mean candidate, who I would vote for.

Currently most of our republicans have shown only allegiance to the republican party and to hell with the rest of their constituents. These republicans have allowed a demented old man to embarrass all Americans and have allowed the US to become the laughing stock of the world. They have put us, once again, on the brink of war, and all because of their party loyalty.

I always vote for the candidate and not the party but after witnessing these elected republicans put their party before their country it would be a cold day in hell before I would ever vote for any candidate running on the republican ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 01:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Who? Lol
I thought the same thing when I saw this on tV yesterday: who and who cares?

Old 07-05-2019, 01:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Whoever this person is, he is certain to be one of many that leave the Republican Party due to a lack of opportunities to become a successful corporate ***** selling access and favors to the donor class.
and who do you know that is planning to leave. When we make a statement like that we normally can back it up.

Old 07-05-2019, 05:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
LOL. He supports immigration, so you're wrong.
LOL. His support of legal immigration, has nothing to do with big government or corporate America, so you're wrong.

Old 07-05-2019, 05:10 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I hope Amash doesn’t end up like former Florida Governor Charlie Crist - from Republican to independent to Democrat.
I doubt it. Crist was always more of a moderate Republican anyway. Ideology he was closer to someone like Specter or Chafee. Amash's voting record has always been quite conservative. I see him perhaps running as a Libertarian if he decides to switch from Independent, but not as a Democrat.

Old 07-05-2019, 05:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I doubt it. Crist was always more of a moderate Republican anyway. Ideology he was closer to someone like Specter or Chafee. Amash's voting record has always been quite conservative. I see him perhaps running as a Libertarian if he decides to switch from Independent, but not as a Democrat.
There was talk about him running for President as a Libertarian.

Old 07-05-2019, 05:56 PM

17,604 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Yeah, he knows he's going to get fired by the voters in his district. This is probably his only chance of hanging on.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:12 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
he leaving but i think its more, boy it time for you to leave, easy way or hard way

Old 07-05-2019, 08:09 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
One instance of the right eating its own. Usually it is the left doing it. Kind of interesting to read all the good riddance type posts for getting rid of a very right leaning /libertarian members. R+6 district. He will be replaced by a bootlicking Trump sycophant.

I find it funny how Trump followers describe him as liberal / lover of the Dem party when in fact, he was extremely consistent in his views which were conservative / libertarian. He was in fact, anything but a Dem or a liberal.

Edit, yep I was right. Looked up his biggest rival, Jim lower. https://votelower.com/

Top text on his website

Jim Lower Will Stand With President Trump
below that is a changing sign thing that 1/7ish messages is "pro trump"
Next line is
JIM LOWER

Stands With President Trump

It takes until the 4th line until he diverges from bootlicking Trump.
Nah, I WISH that my side (the GOP) was as ruthless and cohesive as your side. We have far too many Amashes and Susan Collins (RINOs). Republicans crave being approved by the media and the left, so they are always attacking Trump. Dems never did that with Obama (even though he was a horrible president).

Libertarians (such as Amash) are actually kissing cousins with the far left. And I actually could live with that when it comes to Amash....IF he knew how to just shut his trap when it comes to Trump. But instead, he has “FOUND REASONS” why Trump should be impeached. So now he’s in bed with Mad Maxine. He needs to just go away.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:12 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Interesting that many Republicans here and elsewhere will argue that on college campuses, diversity of thought enhances the institution, and I wholeheartedly agree, yet when they talk of their beloved party, they seem to want everyone to have the same views on all or most issues. There shall be no dissent! And this isn't even an issue, per se, it's simply a Republican who points out that the current president is morally deficient. Remember when Republicans made that very argument about Bill Clinton? And I wholeheartedly agreed with them.

It was a good thing when both parties had varieties of factions. Contrary to what some believe, that's actually a sign of health. Now we have the leftist loons attempting to purge the Democratic Party of any moderates, nevermind the long-gone conservative Demorats, and we've a had a couple decades of the GOP purging moderate Republicans, nevermind the long-gone Northeast liberal Republicans. Remember all those people? Seems like ages ago, now. What a shame.
I don’t mind if Republican Congress critters have different opinions. But running around shrieking that the Republican president just HAS to go??? What the H is that?? That’s no minor thing that Amash is doing. And it is disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies