Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2019, 11:59 AM

29,354 posts, read 9,536,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So says he who can't even wrap his brain around Geo-Political Strategy.
Say...

I've got to be signing off now, but before I do I was wonder if you could do me the favor of going to this thread and addressing comment #28? Please.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hobbled-3.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 12:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,589,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
of fur
In short, I don't blame Trump for much of where we are today, but I DO BLAME HIM for hiding the problem, and making it worse so he can reward his crony friends in industry. If he really wanted to fix the problem, he'd fund up Community Colleges and would quit trying to convince people that their Coal Jobs have a future. He'd quit fighting education (but he won't because educated people can't be fooled), he'd quit defending the redistribution of wealth to the richest of rich, and he'd quit appointing industry cronies to jobs that they are not qualified for.

He did not create the problem, but he is certainly making it worse.
Trump could care less about fixing problems - unless it involves his own.

We are now over 18 months into his "tax reform" that was going to send the markets up like a rocket ship - the lower the deficit (all the new tax money being collected due to tax cuts for corporations!)......and everything else and yet we have......

1. Predictions of small or no future returns in the market.....even WITH a rate cut.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/we...ley-2019-07-08

2. A rate cut or lack of planned rate increases, which in itself is a signal things aren't going well.

3. The Markets, in that time period, up from 2.3 to 26.8 (DOW) which represents less than 5% per year - a figure LESS THAN HALF of the average for the 7-8 year period before that.

Yet in this very thread we are being told it's amazing - nothing like it ever.

It must be just me...an investor for 35+ years....whose very diverse accounts have gone nowhere. Maybe Trump has it in for me and everyone else is making money?

Old 07-08-2019, 01:29 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,600,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama was POTUS for eight years since 2008, while Trump has been POTUS for only three.

Why didn't Obama "fix" this problem?

As above, when you flood the nation with illegals, it drives down wages for American citizens. Dems are the worst enemies of working people, in that their policies harm them the most. Look at the "gifts" of NAFTA and China trade policies.

Liberal politics are the enemy of the people.
Yep Dems are not good for working Americans but great for big business so they can keep their biggest expensive (employees) down.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:30 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,061,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
$10/hr jobs with no benefits as far as the eye can see
Maybe that's what you hallucinate, but that's not reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The simple truth is that the wealthy are most often wealthy by owning assets that produce constant cashflow to them, like businesses. So the poor and middle class are the one's making the rich rich
You have to want to own assets.

My nephew who has a GED only owns two homes.

He and his girlfriend bought a 2-family that had been converted into a 1-family and converted it back to a 2-family. They're both quite handy. He was born and raised on a farm in Montana and she was born and raised on a farm in up-state New York. He was an assistant manager a local non-corporate grocery store, then installed cable TV and now he paints. She's a bank teller.

Last year they bought a 3-bedroom split-level on an acre of land for $149,000 and the two renters pay the mortgage on his 2-family and part of the mortgage on his house.

That happened, because they wanted it to happen.

That's how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Take for example the apparent assumption that all approximately 50% of Americans who struggle with a $500 emergency expense have tattoos!
Or iPhones.

Or designer clothes and shoes.

I was raised you keep 3 months expense in the bank at all times. I actually keep 6 months.

Before you start spending $120/month on cable, you put $120 in the bank for 6 months, then call and order cable TV.

Before you start spending $100/month on cell service you don't need, you put $600 in the bank.

That's just common sense and if people aren't willing to do that, then they're not worthy of my attention and that is no justification for stealing my money to subsidize their Life Styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I do not acquire and never have acquired beer, drugs, tattoos, lotto tickets, or even any video games silly or otherwise and it has never eliminated my poverty.
Well, that's because you lay around like a wet noodle.

The simple fact is the vast majority of people take the path of least resistance and they do only enough to barely get by.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:48 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,376,912 times
Then when will I, like many other Americans, get another job? I regularly do apply for jobs.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:56 PM

18,417 posts, read 15,141,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Then when will I, like many other Americans, get another job? I regularly do apply for jobs.
If you are applying for jobs, that means there are jobs out there. You need to examine what it is that makes you unhirable, and do what you need to do to fix it.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:10 PM

4,485 posts, read 1,837,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Take the 5 piercings out of your face and establish eye contact when you speak.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:22 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,248,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Let’s say there are 10 million illegals and each household of illegals contains 7 of them.

10,000,000/7=1,428,571

What would happen to everyone’s cost of living if nearly 1.5 million private residences were suddenly available?
It might seem good to you if you’re looking for cheaper rent, but believe it or not, in terms of the entire economy, deporting millions of people would be a huge negative.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Trump could care less about fixing problems - unless it involves his own.

We are now over 18 months into his "tax reform" that was going to send the markets up like a rocket ship - the lower the deficit (all the new tax money being collected due to tax cuts for corporations!)......and everything else and yet we have......

1. Predictions of small or no future returns in the market.....even WITH a rate cut.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/we...ley-2019-07-08

2. A rate cut or lack of planned rate increases, which in itself is a signal things aren't going well.

3. The Markets, in that time period, up from 2.3 to 26.8 (DOW) which represents less than 5% per year - a figure LESS THAN HALF of the average for the 7-8 year period before that.

Yet in this very thread we are being told it's amazing - nothing like it ever.

It must be just me...an investor for 35+ years....whose very diverse accounts have gone nowhere. Maybe Trump has it in for me and everyone else is making money?
Well at least we have Trump's new and improved health care plan...

Old 07-09-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Or iPhones.

Or designer clothes and shoes.

I was raised you keep 3 months expense in the bank at all times. I actually keep 6 months.

Before you start spending $120/month on cable, you put $120 in the bank for 6 months, then call and order cable TV.
Or a Mercedes Benz.

Or a gold watch.

Or a yacht...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it.

Sometimes I look at homeless people and I think how wonderful it would be to have all the things they have. Like the tattoos. Those just kill me. Especially when covered up with all their expensive clothing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies