Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 01:48 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The military won us the independence. Get over it. It's reality no matter how much you may not like it and no matter how much you want to pretend our military doesn't exist.
Many of my ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, and the Civil War. That's not what the 4th of July is about. It's about the Declaration of Independence, that was written in the Graff House, in Philadelphia. No tanks or flyovers were involved.

President Bonespurs promised brand new Sherman tanks. Tanks that haven't been used since the 50s. How'd that go?

Old 07-05-2019, 02:07 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
It was spectacular!

Thank you President Trump! You did America proud today.

Happy Birthday America! And I for one love the “crickets” from the left. So nice not to hear or read their ridiculous drivel for a while.

Cheers!

Glad to hear it was.

We don't get TV out here.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:24 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I thought while watching Season 3 of Stranger Things on Netflix, which is set in the 80's, in lieu of watching July 4th DT, I just have a feeling one of the characters will be watching TV and an interview of the Donald with Sally Jesse Raphael or somebody like her, will be showing!

Some day, Trump will have a news conference on TV and the picture will go from color to black and white and Rod Serling will be standing there saying..."Welcome to the Twilight Zone"
and it will look a bit like this ...

Newspaper Pens ‘Twilight Zone’ Preview for Trump Inauguration

Old 07-05-2019, 02:43 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Trump's Salute to America speech was pathetic drivel meant to distract from the fact that our nation that was founded on the rule of law has an administration that is violating laws left and right, encouraging witnesses to ignore subpoenas, straight up lying.

There is a court hearing today over whether a SCOTUS ruling will be followed.
https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/statu...36447623446529

The "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" nation has locked them up in squalid, overcrowded "detention" centers.

Trump and his followers are tearing our nation down. All the phony patriotic displays can't cover that up.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:02 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Why was a supposed celebration of America's independence turned into a big DC military rally? There are already two federal holidays for veterans. Today should have been a day to celebrate our nation's founding and its principles. The show in DC was not really that.
Right, and despite not doing what was expected by some (since it is what he usually does before a crowd), it was still about drawing attention to himself. Though not being in political mode, which he likely was instructed not to do to in this setting, it was not really a celebration, but a display of what he felt would appeal to followers and make him "stand out". Having read prepared, historical points while occasional planes flew overhead and playing old, recorded tunes, it was not impressive or necessary. (I frankly can't stand the controlled tone in his voice and his squinting to read prepared material, attempting to perform in a particular way, but this is what he does when being unnatural. We have seen it on occasion, but this is how his speaking modes might be categorized:

* Official mode: Reading from a Teleprompter, something written for him, "acting presidential", performing, holding back.

* Going through the motions: While speaking from the Oval Office or when meeting officials in a more controlled setting, as he will utilize limited phrases and words that he thinks makes him appear responsive and knowledgeable.

* Rally mode: When being himself, defending, yelling out complaints, criticisms, lies and name-calling. Similarly, if responding to questions when asked by reporters, being dismissive, denying, unpleasant.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 07-05-2019 at 03:41 AM.. Reason: Adjustment

Old 07-05-2019, 03:05 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
How many threads have City-Data had on the Trump Campaign Rally tonight and how horrible it would be? Hard to even count them -- they have been posted for weeks.

The Network stations refuse to televise it. Cable News MSNBC refused to televise it, PBS refused to televise it ......... AND there are no Threads about the Speech itself.

I wonder why that is ........ Best Guess, if they can pretend it NEVER happened, then it Never Happened. How insane is that? Pretty Darn Insane.

There was NO Trump Rally. It was a pure America Celebration.

The Leftists Boycotted the one person who Celebtated American Greatness on our 234fth Birthday and reminded the American People of our tremendous accomplishments, while honoring not just the Military that has been willing to give their Lives for our Freedoms, but also the regular Normal People who have worked long and hard because they LOVE this Country and what it represents to all who love it.

Not a “Trump Rally” ... the Leftists Lied about that. an American Salute to the greatest experiment/experience the world has ever known. The Leftists should hang their heads in shame .... but they won’t of course.

Happy Birthday USA !!!

Trump delivered that 4th of July salute to America, with his middle finger.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

The Network stations refuse to televise it. Cable News MSNBC refused to televise it, PBS refused to televise it ......... AND there are no Threads about the Speech itself.

I wonder why that is ........ Best Guess, if they can pretend it NEVER happened, then it Never Happened. How insane is that? Pretty Darn Insane.

There was NO Trump Rally. It was a pure America Celebration.
I found it odd there was no news coverage of trumps " big" event, i guess the media was about celebrating America and not trump.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Instead of watching our lame-o president, I watched a few new episodes of Season 3 "Stranger Things" on Netflix. It was much more enjoyable than watching "Strange Things in DC" with the bone-spurs Monster. Later I watched the July 4th concert on PBS with John Stamos. A lovely 4th!
Now that show was a holiday celebration worth seeing!

Old 07-05-2019, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Exactly. It should not be a glorification of the military. We already have both Veterans Day and Memorial Day to honor military veterans and their service.
It's just another example of how HE just does not know what he is doing. And on top of it, spent $$ on this unnecessary display, wanting to appear tough or masculine.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:37 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I found it odd there was no news coverage of trumps " big" event, i guess the media was about celebrating America and not trump.
You found it odd? I'll explain...there was no news coverage because no news channel wanted you to see what was actually going on...a hugely successful event and an inspiring speech Celebrating America.

Now, don't you feel silly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies