Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 08:58 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not only was it a way to make big donors feel special, it resulted in some nice footage that Trump is now using for his campaign tweets.
Exactly. Trump is only out for Trump. He will probably use clips of that “show” for his campaign ads.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:02 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Exactly. Trump is only out for Trump. He will probably use clips of that “show” for his campaign ads.
He's already tweeting clips for just this purpose.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not according to some on here...have you noticed the anti-American threads lately?

And so what, he named it....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the horror......

What did it cost you for him to name it?
NO, I don’t see “anti-American” threads, only Right Wingers accusing people of that because some-one posts anti-Trump. They are not the same thing, by a long shot. Anti-Trump is actually Pro-American.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:04 AM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

What is the point of a quick flyover but for Trump to try to show power, especially HIS power. We had this big, expensive circus because he wanted to show all his adoring masses and the world that he is the Supreme Commander. We don’t even have 3 real branches of government anymore. Mr. Autocrat is trying to be a totalitarian dictator.

We have the same expensice circus yearly...no matter who is president....

Quote:
Oh, like the Right hadn’t been vile and nasty toward the Left for years!

Wait, you're part of the dems that say, 2 wrongs don't make a right".....yes?

I guess not.....

Old 07-06-2019, 09:15 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Obama also had Military Parades every year, except they were in IRAN. He gave Iran Billions, but the Dems here are OK with that, but a few Mil for a parade to honor America is too much. Such hypocrisy, and such hate of ones own country.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:20 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So? Then why were you even complaining?

I stated that the bonespur thing was well known to be used by the rich. I also stated that being a student qualified a male for a deferment. Those are facts, not complaints.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Obama also had Military Parades every year, except they were in IRAN. He gave Iran Billions, but the Dems here are OK with that, but a few Mil for a parade to honor America is too much. Such hypocrisy, and such hate of ones own country.
All of the above are lies. The money Iran got was their own money, which we had been holding, and then returned back to them. Try to read up on a subject before you make pronouncements.

We don’t hate our country, we hate what Trump is doing to our country.There is a huge difference.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:28 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He's already tweeting clips for just this purpose.
Good. His campaign will be billed for the cost and the national parks will be reimbursed.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:33 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
The 4th of July celebrates our MILITARY victory to gain our Independence. That's why we have fireworks, and many if not most parades feature the military and military equipment. Take a history lesson.

Two tanks sitting stationary on the Mall and the Left wets themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
The 4th was the day that the Continental Congress voted to adopt the Declaration of Independence. You need to learn history. That day had nothing to do with military might. Our country has dedicated several days to acknowledge the sacrifices of our military (Memorial Day and Veterans Day). The Fourth of July isn't a day to recognize our Dept of Defense. You fail American History, Dude?

https://www.usdebtclock.org/
You clearly did not hear the President’s speech. YES .. Independence Day is about the agreement to beak away from the British Monarchy and become a FREE Nation. The men who signed the Declaration of Independence were fully aware that it meant WAR with best and strongest Military in the World. They knew that perhaps they would lose everything and possibly lose that WAR ... but Freedom was worth it.

Quote:
I am from Philadelphia, so I know what the date is about. However, we call it INDEPENDENCE Day and not only celebrate the document, but our military victory over England to win Independence. I currently live near where the Battle of Brandywine was fought. We lost. The British then occupied Philadelphia, and Washington and the Continental Army went to Valley Forge. I know a lot about our history, yet you ignore the fact what we actually celebrate on July 4th.

You fail reality, Dude?

Just another SJW Trump hater, huh?
Leftists honestly believe that King George just shrugged his shoulders and said “OK, let them go”
They seriously need to get History lessons back into the schools.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:50 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Isn’t there always been a big celebration that’s televised from Washington on July 4th? With lots of celebrities singing and dancing with fire works? Is trump trying to seprate that with a military parade? Well
You are correct ... always (at least in the Obama terms) a concert, singing dancing, fireworks + the private Concert with big name stars that the Obama’s held at the White House ... which I think was also televised in part. The Mall concert, still happened this year - that was not cancelled. PBS televised it, but did not televise the President’s Salute to America.

The entire point was that President Trump believed the Celebration of our Independence should have a Patriotic component ... because July 4th is about more that a Concert. He brought in Military Bands from each branch of the Military and gave us a brief History of how our Freedom began, what that Freedom has brought us and a spectacular Air .show that showcased each Branch.

One last time ... there was a July 4th Parade in Washington that day. NO Military vehicles and NO marching soldiers with guns . There were marching Drum and Bugle bands ... and floats and bands from all walks of American life. I think USA Today had the best photos of the Parade. I think Military Times had the best videos of the Flyovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies