Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 03:13 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
LOL, you lost me here. Trump? A hard worker? You've got to be kidding me.

Trump spends most of his time either playing golf or watching Fox on cable TV.
It's not open to debate, it's an indisputable fact: Trump is the laziest president we've ever had.
You're confusing Trump is making being President look easy with Trump is lazy....he has gotten more done in 2+ years than Obama did in 8 years for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 03:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How important is it to you? Will you be able to turn off the discussion if it gets too heated?

Ultimately it's a value judgment for you. It was too late for me. Became a Christian in my 20s. I got married in my 20s and never even considered anything political up to that point. Once I started paying attention to events, I formed into a independent minded conservative. My wife is liberal. She is not as active as your girlfriend is, but definitely backs pro-black issues. After a few rounds here and there, I don't discuss this stuff with her. I made a covenant with until death for better or worse. I love her. God has given to her to me. I'm seeing it through to the end even if it means that part of our relationship is dead. We are now 25 years down the road.

Kids could be an issue pending how active she is, and how active you are. How important is it to you for them to think like you do? Would it be a problem for you if they followed her political lead?

Just sharing to give you something to think about...
I also shut off as well when discussions about social activism sexism and historic racism gets heated. It makes no sense to debate such people. Especially when it comes to a woman color. Just leave it alone. When she is wrong, she will come around and eventually apologize when truth comes to light. Not for nothing. I feel that I'm walking on eggshells with my personal views in the relationship. One false move and boom. She also realizes that I'm also a person of color. Yes I was born here, however I have no historic heritage in this country and thus never able to witness pass down experiences of Jim crow, American slavery and Indian removal acts. However even though I'm a person of color, my parents families were able to benefit from whiteness in their homelands and privileges like being educated in Britain.

My thing is this. I hope this social, political and cultural dynamic comes to an end. People's thinkings which don't mesh will with others are costing people their relationships, jobs, dwellings and other forms of livelihood. I know it's not a good time to celebrate due to what is going on at the border. But why the outrage now? People have been crossing the border for asylum since the days of Reagan. Where was the moral outrage then?

Old 07-05-2019, 03:53 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
? People have been crossing the border for asylum since the days of Reagan. Where was the moral outrage then?
There has been outrage for years among everyday legal citizens it is just that both parties did nothing to really stop it (until Trump) but now the left have taking it about race color to justify it, believe me if white Bulgarians were crossing the border they would want it stopped.

Then there are people like me who say doesn't matter who crosses the border illegally it shouldn't happen and certainly shouldn't be encouraged.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:01 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
The sad part is that the left is using the migrants as pawns. They know that if they remove Trump and the GOP Congress. They would keep the status quo and not open the gates to allow migrants through. All 3 past presidents have fought with Congress or house over the border security. Clinton and Obama both said exactly what trump has said which is we need funding for the wall. The dems keep making empty promises.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
LOL, you lost me here. Trump? A hard worker? You've got to be kidding me.

Trump spends most of his time either playing golf or watching Fox on cable TV.
It's not open to debate, it's an indisputable fact: Trump is the laziest president we've ever had.
You need to spread that far and wide ..... particularly to whoever ends up as the Dem Primary Winner.
Hillary Clinton bought that Fairy Tale -- Hook - Line - Sinker .......... BOOM!

Donald Trump is a lot of things, some good & some not so good .... what he is NOT

Is "Lazy". The White House Press Corp complains constantly that they have never worked so hard to try and keep up with him.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:14 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Trump is a cancer on America and the world.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:15 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
My family is mostly trump supporters. We don’t ever really talk politics.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:20 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Happy to say that all of my immediate family and most of the extended family will vote for Trump. As for the few we have that suffer from TDS, we still love them despite their faults.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:21 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Then think of him as Anakin Skywalker of Star Wars. He was supposed to balanced the force, even if it meant slaughtering the Jedis. The Jedi Council like the Democrats became a tool of the emperor who is the real evil entity running within the Federation. Trump prevented Clinton from winning. Clinton is as corrupt as Senator Palatine of Star Wars. She has done so many heinous things 100x worst than Trump has ever done.

From Benghazi to Syria and creation of ISIS state she had a hand in the death of thousands of people directly and indirectly from her meddling of the middle east.

How many people has Trump killed directly or indirectly? Zero
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...524-story.html

Old 07-05-2019, 11:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
My family was probably 60-40 in favor of Hillary.

I don't try to reason all that much with statists in my personal life though. I save that for you folks.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies