Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 09:02 AM

10,507 posts, read 4,066,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I see the idea of not allowing homosexuals around straight kids as they may "convert" them as being homophobic. While certainly not the issue it once was, it once was a pretty common belief.

It's still around.
Sexuality, period, shouldn't be around kids. How about we let kids be kids, and let them worry about sex when they are teens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 09:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Mistreating. Those kinds are often beyond non-acceptance.
Realky? Are they beating up gays in churches? Are they slashing their tires in the parking lot? What mistreatment is going on exactly?

Old 07-06-2019, 09:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Religions are businesses with ultimate brand loyalty, but many businesses are near bankruptcy. Preachers are becoming desperate to keep their jobs as the whole Christian line of products finally drops out of the market. Rallying some fear and hate may keep the donations flowing long enough that they can retire instead of working retail or fast food.
As we all know - fear and hate drive behaviors more than acceptance and love.

Yes, when I see some of these evangelical preachers calling for the death of the LGBT community; I can certainly call that homophobic.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:13 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,828,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving Muslims a pass. But since I live in a predominantly Christian country, Christians affect me a lot more.

One of the overarching themes that keeps coming up from ex-homphobes, current homophobes, ex-gays, gays, etc. almost always starts with something like "I grew up in a Christian family...", "I was taught xyz", and "I came out and was disowned by my Christian parents... "

I know that revisionists, be they Christians, SJW's, or just the politically correct try to make it not a Christian thing. But if you do a search on other forums about people talking about this topic, it almost always has something to do with Christians one way or another.

How on earth can anyone with a straight face say homophobia is not a Christian thing?

Note that I am not saying it is an exclusively Christian thing. It's also a communist thing, a Nazi thing, a Muslim thing, etc.
Not all Christians, but the militant Christian Right that currently runs this country is very homophobic. In fact it seems like homophobia has become the core tenant of the faith and has become the very definition of what it means to be Christian according to these people.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:13 AM

21,172 posts, read 19,774,934 times
If they are born that way, would it be okay?

Old 07-06-2019, 09:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If they are born that way, would it be okay?
No one is born to hate. They are indoctrinated to hate.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:16 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,723,954 times
Saying something is "by nature" implies an individual was born that way.

In reality, homophobia is learned behavior, and thus isn't "by nature."

Old 07-06-2019, 09:19 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Saying something is "by nature" implies an individual was born that way.

In reality, homophobia is learned behavior, and thus isn't "by nature."
People are born to be suspicious of things that are different. It IS built into our DNA.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:26 AM

10,507 posts, read 4,066,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No one is born to hate. They are indoctrinated to hate.
True this. I've been seeing a rise of Black teens hating cops thanks to the Black leaders preaching that hate to easily corrupted young minds. The media is partly to blame as well.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
All I know is that I've never understood homosexuality, why anyone would want to be one, and it's not natural behavior. If that makes me a Christian homophobe, then so be it.
I never understood supporting war to boost your 401k either. {Shrug}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies