Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 03:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Natural gas. The power plants have been steadily converting, because NG is way more efficient and cheaper.

Google it.
Wrong. There aren't enough proven reserves to come close to that on a daily basis. And when Natural gas is gone, there will still be coal. There's a 300 year known supply in the USA. And power demand keeps going up day after day.

Old 07-31-2019, 03:56 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Pretty sad.
Liberals must now create straw men and assign them positions of outrage in order to make themselves feel like they are winning something. In this case, their straw man (who doesn't exist) really, really believed that coal mines were going to open up and parking lots were going to be filled with happy miners all going back to work in the mine. They would sing coal miner songs as they all marched into the mine. But their straw man is disappointed. His children will go hungry, and he is outraged that Trump has let him down.

So now - incredibly - the straw man will vote for a Democrat who has guaranteed that coal jobs will disappear! He is so "outraged" at Trump that he will vote for Beto, Pocahontas, The Old Guy, or just whoever is on the Dem ticket, because the job that Obama told him he would lose did not come back under Trump!!
Ya gotta feel sorry for Libs, sometimes.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I wonder what they do with those big piles of dead eagles Trump was talking about under the windmills?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO76WHLETrw
First he's going to have to find some bald eagles in Texas, there aren't many. Maybe the coal miners could make a career out of capturing bald eagles and throwing them at the windmills to try to make Trump's argument. Even so, it's not going to keep those coal companies from filing bankruptcy like they are. I like that the video points out that coal (and oil and gas) kill 25 times more birds than wind. If Trump cares about the birds so much, why doesn't he say anything about that?

Old 07-31-2019, 04:18 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wrong. There aren't enough proven reserves to come close to that on a daily basis. And when Natural gas is gone, there will still be coal. There's a 300 year known supply in the USA. And power demand keeps going up day after day.
And when NG and coal are both depleted, wind and sun and moving water will still be available. Better to get ahead of the curve and convert to renewable sources now.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:23 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
He couldn't repeal the EPA policy by XO, it needs to be done through rulemaking although he did try. Even if he was successful in a repeal coal is being replaced by other sources and coal miners are being replaced by automation. Lied about coal, lied about bringing back rust belt manufacturing jobs but will voters remember.

MArch 2017
Quote:
Trump pledged to bring back coal jobs during his presidential bid and repeated those promises last week. “As we speak, we are preparing new executive actions to save our coal industry and to save our wonderful coalminers from continuing to be put out of work. The miners are coming back,” Trump told a rally in Louisville, Kentucky.

While Trump did not provide specific details, he did reiterate plans to defang the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), now led by Trump appointee and longtime EPA critic Scott Pruitt, the former attorney general of Oklahoma. Trump said this week he would transform the EPA from “a job killer into a job creator”.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...n-donald-trump

Old 07-31-2019, 04:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Pretty sad.
Liberals must now create straw men and assign them positions of outrage in order to make themselves feel like they are winning something. In this case, their straw man (who doesn't exist) really, really believed that coal mines were going to open up and parking lots were going to be filled with happy miners all going back to work in the mine. They would sing coal miner songs as they all marched into the mine. But their straw man is disappointed. His children will go hungry, and he is outraged that Trump has let him down.
Right - we made this stuff up and 100's of other statements and promises!
Truthfully, we couldn't make up such fiction. Only those based on fantasy could possibly come up with them or believe them.

"At a May 2016 campaign rally in Charleston, W.Va., Trump told the crowd: “If I win, we’re going to bring those miners back. You’re going to be so proud of your president.”

“For those miners, get ready, because you’re going to be working your asses off,” candidate Trump told the crowd at the end of the rally.

At a November 2018 rally in West Virginia, President Trump told the state’s coal miners: “You’re back in business.”

"President Trump claimed that coal was “indestructible,” that West Virginia had one of the strongest state economies and that the U.S"

"I just left Montana, and I looked at those trains and they’re loaded up with clean coal — beautiful clean coal. And those trains were empty two years ago. They were empty; they were dying. Nobody’s done what I’ve done."

""They want to be miners, but their jobs have been taken away," Trump said at an Aug. 10, 2016, rally in Abingdon, Va. "And we're going to bring them back, folks."

Heck, even the Trump cultists agreed and claimed it was happening!

"I live in West Virginia, and I'm seeing it every day," Headley said. "Coal mines are once again hiring,"
(American Coal Council)

"“We’re gonna open the mines,” he said to big cheers in Charleston, "

"Let me tell you, the miners in West Virginia and Pennsylvania which was so great to me last week and Ohio and all over, they’re going to start to work again. Believe me. You’re going to be proud again to be miners."

Of course, there are 100's more of those "straw men" that we made up.....

Old 07-31-2019, 04:24 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
At what point will people and foreign Governments, stop believing in P. Trump.
Apparently, Great Britain, has already do so by all recent accounts.
N Korea, has never believed in P. Trump, and played him. Which isn't hard to do.
Iran is nearing that point, especially when P. Trump gave them no exits.
Trump has painted himself into the corner and walks out by walking over the wet paint.
YMMV

Old 07-31-2019, 04:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
First he's going to have to find some bald eagles in Texas, there aren't many. Maybe the coal miners could make a career out of capturing bald eagles and throwing them at the windmills to try to make Trump's argument. Even so, it's not going to keep those coal companies from filing bankruptcy like they are. I like that the video points out that coal (and oil and gas) kill 25 times more birds than wind. If Trump cares about the birds so much, why doesn't he say anything about that?

You're so funny. If Trump was against coal, you'd be for it.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Here is the actual thing Trump said about the same miners in the 1990's...reflects closer to his feelings (if we can say he has such)....

"I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

Which is?

“It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not. Ability can be honed, perfected or neglected. The day Jack Nicklaus came into this world, he had more innate ability to play golf than anybody else."

---------
Put into simpler words, he KNEW that these people were ignorant and intentionally used their lack of education against them. Instead of, like "Hillary" suggesting that they learn and retrain (and investing government money in it), he simply made them think they would be able to get Black Lung again....and won their votes...

Brilliant...if one considers Satan to be brilliant.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:32 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There is so much NG that USA is exporting boat loads of it to everywhere else.
And NG thermal plants are closing. Just ask DUKE and GE.

"Drill Baby, Drill" Pres. GWBush43, mantra. Drill USA did, over the objections of many, including coal miners...they lost for the most obvious of reasons.

Last edited by leastprime; 07-31-2019 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies