Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 08:45 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well....................... I am a parent of three (in their 20s now) and I can tell you (having been to Disney World and Disney Land many times), by the end of the day I wanted to kill or beat something................. and I rarely, if ever, get angry. Florida really blows- there is very little, if any, natural beauty and it is full of bugs. The beaches are crowded, but that is the best part of Florida. One hundred yards in from the ocean, the place is one giant strip mall.

The lines are long, it is hot, the food is bad, it is crowded, and it is noisy. It is cauldron for social misbehavior and I am surprised it does not happen more often. When you walk around there, kids are crying all over the place.
I think the kind of parent most likely to give Disney World a try is a patient parent, a somewhat permissive parent. I've never been to Disney Land or Disney World. I might have been able to deal with it at age 8 or 9 when I didn't know better. However, at the age of 33, no way. There are alot of things that bother me. I went to Peach Drop in Atlanta for New Years Eve one year. Let's just say I never want to do that again. I found myself losing my temper over my inability to move because of the crowds.

I've never visited or set foot in Florida, yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 08:47 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You need to come to Disney after September when the cooler weather arrives...oh that applies to the Everglades as well !
(There is a reason must of it isn't populated!)

Part of me would rather see Busch Gardens. But yes, anytime in the fall and winter would be better.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:56 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Sad to watch that vid. Those people carrying on like a bunch of idiots. Sorry the kids had to see that nonsense.

Way back when I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's I had a good time at all of the amusement parks here in So Cal. It was fun safe and great for families. I heard it's not the same anymore, I heard Magic Mountain a few years ago was starting to have problems with gangs and all of that.

After I discovered girls and became a teenager I pretty much got bored with places like Disneyland. I never had kids so haven't been back there in a million years.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:57 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think the kind of parent most likely to give Disney World a try is a patient parent, a somewhat permissive parent. I've never been to Disney Land or Disney World. I might have been able to deal with it at age 8 or 9 when I didn't know better. However, at the age of 33, no way. There are alot of things that bother me. I went to Peach Drop in Atlanta for New Years Eve one year. Let's just say I never want to do that again. I found myself losing my temper over my inability to move because of the crowds.

I've never visited or set foot in Florida, yet.
Well.................... if you do become a parent, that is sound judgement. Kids always beg to go to Disney, but seem pissed off once they get there. If you hate crowds, you would hate Disney. I am actually a very calm, serene guy who never loses my temper. However, Disney can push the most patient to the brink of insanity.

My kids actually enjoyed cheesy places like the Wisconsin Dells (lots of water parks) better than Disney. They even liked that stuff better than Kiawah Island and Hawaii. In addition, taking kids to National Parks are the best vacations by far.

Kids do like water parks, go cart tracks, putt-putt golf- all the things that most parents would avoid. However, it is best to take one for the team and just take them there.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:13 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
the little children with these people in the family fight were watching this violence among their family members. I was almost crying from witnessing the violence on the youtube video and didn't know any of these men and women. None of these little children were crying. so, so sad. they may be used to this type of behavior.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-09-2019 at 11:26 AM..

Old 07-09-2019, 12:08 PM

10,018 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
LOL!! Disney has prison?? What a great story!

I mean....that's terrible, Casey....
And the guard was named "WALT". That was the funniest part!

Old 07-09-2019, 12:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
And the guard was named "WALT". That was the funniest part!
That's hilarious...lol. I wonder if that was his real name or part of the schtick. Anyone working the prison may have been told to say his name was Walt.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well....................... I am a parent of three (in their 20s now) and I can tell you (having been to Disney World and Disney Land many times), by the end of the day I wanted to kill or beat something................. and I rarely, if ever, get angry. Florida really blows- there is very little, if any, natural beauty and it is full of bugs. The beaches are crowded, but that is the best part of Florida. One hundred yards in from the ocean, the place is one giant strip mall.

The lines are long, it is hot, the food is bad, it is crowded, and it is noisy. It is cauldron for social misbehavior and I am surprised it does not happen more often. When you walk around there, kids are crying all over the place.
I am thrilled that my Disney Day’s are over. Like you, by the end of the day, I was always ready to smack something or someone. Lol.

I don’t get Disney.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
does anyone else find the pic used in this story just a wee bit misleading?

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40755992...-in-disneyland
Not really. Red short/ grey t shirt guy was all over the place. Looked like he might have been trying to help.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 07-09-2019 at 12:59 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
3rd hand info but I read somewhere the area around Disney is not so great any more.
What’s that got to do with the brawl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies