Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 01:43 PM

13,853 posts, read 5,564,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
You guys live in the most dangerous places on the planet. Your telling me a Nazi is going to " beat the carp" out of you or a family member for a Trump sign? You need to move Sir or Maim.

And I do believe you have a valid complaint to take up with your mayor and local police. There is no way Americans should stand for Nazi's killing people for political signs.
Tell that to old guy who got whacked with a tire iron, or tell it to Andy Ngo, or the kid who got assaulted in a BK for wearing a MAGA hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 01:49 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,346 posts, read 80,658,912 times
This is one reason why the polls before the 2016 election were faulty, and may be again now. People not admitting to a human or phone poll taker that they support Trump, but then they vote for him. I personally will just hang up on pollsters, as I do with any other research people. Who I vote for is no one's business but my own. That's why we have a secret ballot. I'm not interested in having arguments with family or friends, who are of various political viewpoints, so I will not make any political comments or respond to any on social media. That's one nice thing about CD, anonymity.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:50 PM

15,594 posts, read 10,338,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Tell that to old guy who got whacked with a tire iron, or tell it to Andy Ngo, or the kid who got assaulted in a BK for wearing a MAGA hat.
…...or the old, Jewish man wearing a MAGA hat that was screamed at in a coffee house while drinking a cup of coffee, a young teen wearing a MAGA hat on a class trip to Washington DC just waiting for a bus and wrongly demonized by the leftist media from coast to coast, a man wearing a MAGA hat screamed at in a DC bbq restaurant 3 days ago, etc., etc., etc.

leftist thugs are not numerous, but are always intimidating and violent. it isn't worth it to be public when one's safety is at stake. as kibby said above, our voting power is shown in the privacy of the voting booth.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-08-2019 at 02:12 PM..

Old 07-08-2019, 01:50 PM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Please post the videos of peple assaulting peoplecwearing hillary hats/shirts, or obama hats/shirts, or vandalizing cars with those stickers.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...carolina-video

Old 07-08-2019, 01:51 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erA1T0BQzjE

Old 07-08-2019, 01:55 PM

20,421 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
You guys live in the most dangerous places on the planet. Your telling me a Nazi is going to " beat the carp" out of you or a family member for a Trump sign? You need to move Sir or Maim.

And I do believe you have a valid complaint to take up with your mayor and local police. There is no way Americans should stand for Nazi's killing people for political signs.
i am telling you that a democrat would.... try...

absolutely.
cars get keyed for trump sickers
property gets vandalized
people get threatened daily.

the left is violent and mean and bigoted. and they excuse their actions as defending some high minded leftist moral code.

yes. no trump signs because the left is violent. period. that's a fact. its not a debatable point.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:00 PM

20,421 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Quote:
Had this very discussion with my wife. We are both libertarian, so don't really support the guy, but we were just saying yesterday that if we were backing the dude, no freaking way we'd ever put a sign in the yard, wear the MAGA hat, prop him on social media...none of it.

And it isn't because I am personally scared of anyone that stupid, but I am scared of what would happen to me if I were to reply to aggression properly, according to my libertarian sensibilities. I'd go to jail because some idiot caught the epic beating that their stupidity demanded.

It's just soooooo not worth it. Our government has decided that lefty morons are allowed to act like teenage hoodlums without any reprisal, so the best course of action is to stay off their freaking radar. I have my principles, but discretion is always the better part of valor.
exactly

there is no counterpoint.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:00 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,149,534 times
Quote:
Had this very discussion with my wife. We are both libertarian, so don't really support the guy, but we were just saying yesterday that if we were backing the dude, no freaking way we'd ever put a sign in the yard, wear the MAGA hat, prop him on social media...none of it.

And it isn't because I am personally scared of anyone that stupid, but I am scared of what would happen to me if I were to reply to aggression properly, according to my libertarian sensibilities. I'd go to jail because some idiot caught the epic beating that their stupidity demanded.

It's just soooooo not worth it. Our government has decided that lefty morons are allowed to act like teenage hoodlums without any reprisal, so the best course of action is to stay off their freaking radar. I have my principles, but discretion is always the better part of valor.

I have the same concerns! Living here in liberal nirvana Seattle, I'm afraid of being rear ended or sideswiped by a Subaru! LOL.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:01 PM

5,973 posts, read 2,214,423 times
Quote:
Sure I will.

I'm not a politician so I don't have to pretend that every incident is a National emergency. Nor do I have to 1up everyone with nonsense stories that reflect a breakdown of local communities, not a national breakdown. Those local communities have issues that need to be addressed, which is difficult when our presidents love throwing gas on a fire.

I guess I just don't know anyone who walks around in perpetual fear of the "other" like so many today "claim" to have. I don't believe anyone is scarred when wearing a MAGA hat. Human instinct is self-preservation and I see too many MAGA hats for Self-Preservation to be a concern.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:12 PM

18,948 posts, read 43,421,357 times
Political signs are stupid regardless. Has anyone really ever changed their mind on who they’re going to vote for based on a sign in someone’s yard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies