Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 04:05 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,000 times

Advertisements

some believe Perot gave Clinton his win.....so thank him for Clinton, and Mrs Clinton ----

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chr...t-bill-clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 04:08 PM

8,608 posts, read 10,137,811 times
RIP Ross Perot. In 1985 (living in D/FW area), I named my puppy after you because of "no pass, no play". My Mother and Step-father told my sister and I that if we passed our all of our courses, we could get a puppy. We named him Perot.

Now, they are all gone.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:22 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Perot Memories (or Only a Texan could say this) ......

– “That dog don’t hunt.”
– “The crazy aunt in the basement.” (The deficit.)
– “We’ll get under the hood and fix it.”
– [If NAFTA passes.] “There will be a giant sucking sound as jobs move to Mexico…economists tell me over 10-15 years their wages will rise, ours will fall, until they equal out.”
– [NAFTA] “I’m for fair, free trade. But it has to be both ways. You can’t have people in Mexico living on dirt floors, being paid a fraction of our wages, and dumping toxic waste in the local creek. That ain’t fair.”
– [On business.] “A small, close team can often beat a big corporate group.”
– [When his EDS employees were captured in Iran.] “I visited my Mother in the hospital, and she said, ‘Ross, those are your people; you gotta get them out.’ ”
– [Lobbyists] “When I become President, we’re gonna put those suckers in the Smithsonian.”
– Bush had voodoo economics; so when a supporter sent him a voodoo stick, he used it on his second national TV infomercial (30 minutes).
– [On horrible trade deals.] “Who wrote them? If they’re so good, just make them reciprocal.”
– Bully pulpit

Old 07-09-2019, 04:36 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
What a load of BS you dumped. Clinton was a disaster whose damage to America lingered for decades.

BTW, when you say working class, who exactly is that. For Example, President Trump is working class...works harder than virtually any blue-collar union member. Most wealthy people ARE working class, and more-so than those more limited accomplishment.
This is no lie here. All the rich people I encounter are always working, and never slow down. Working on growing their businesses, charity events, helping out the communities, while most of the poor people are sitting on the porch drinking beers or in the house playing video games.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:43 PM

17,608 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I voted for him myself (liberal - lefty).......even with his bits of weirdness he would have made 10X the POTUS that Trump is and probably would have been better for the Country then Clinton/Newt.

But, of course, one cannot rewrite history.

It wasn't his money....or even his success...that drew me to him. It was his common sense and humanity, something definitely lacking these days. I would have loved to see him fight it out with the Congress!
The thread is not about Donald Trump.

How long are you going to be allowed to rant about Trump on every thread in P&OC, no matter how unrelated to Trump?

Seek help.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:44 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Way back in '92 it seemed everyone I knew was supporting him. Of course most of my friends were Engineers who liked his Engineering solutions to our nation's problems. Unconcerned, of course, with the difficulty of getting Congress to agree.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:11 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
I thought Ross Perot was in his 80s back in 1992.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:13 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcity80 View Post
I would have thought he was over 100 easy
He seemed to have ALWAYS been old. When I heard this news, I was honestly surprised that he was still living up until now.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:51 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcity80 View Post
Those infommercials he had literally seem like yesterday to me and I was only 11
The dems always made fun of his visual aids - charts - but they got the point across.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The thread is not about Donald Trump.

How long are you going to be allowed to rant about Trump on every thread in P&OC, no matter how unrelated to Trump?
Allowed?

Obviously we compare historical figures to others. Heck, there have been some radio programs on how GWB is making a new name for himself and rising fast in historical ratings.

Hint: It's not because he didn't start the wars or cause the Great Recession, etc.

It's due to historical comparison.

I repeat. Perot was a real American who worked his way up from nothing, was known for being good to people and known for pursuing actual solutions to problems.

That is unlike the current situation.

I suggest you use the ignore button if historical comparisons in a Political Forum are somehow upsetting to you. However, as you can see, other posters are telling you and I that Perot=Trump....as they have the right to do. That's what a discussion is. Forum. Discussion. Debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies