Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 11:38 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Yeah, per Trump weren’t we supposed to be boycotting Harley-Davidson? Or is that over now?
You can't call it boycotting if you've never been to one. I say that all the time about yappy Hollywood - How can I boycott someone I've never heard of and couldn't pick out from a crowd of 2 people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 11:48 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
There is another thread on this forum about the Home Depot issue. I just read myriad posts and denigrating remarks toward liberals, after Trump blasted the boycott practice of which he is so fond.

Donald Trump is whining about boycotts after enjoying the practice for years. Seems he can dish it out but when the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly, he accuses and attacks "The Left" as evil for doing what he relishes.

The criticism of boycotting and the outrage and condescension expressed toward all liberals and only liberals, by President Trump, is astonishing to me.

The double standards and the posturing is mind boggling. Last night, Donald Trump the President of the United States, the master of bullying and advocate and initiator of boycotts, slammed "The Left" in a series of nasty tweets. He called citizens "vicious and totally crazed" for talking about partaking in a practice that he has employed for years. His supporters have followed suit.

This is the same Donald Trump, who as a private citizen and even more disturbing, as POTUS, has proposed and triggered boycotts of Macys, the NFL, Apple, Harley Davidson, Megyn Kelly's show on Fox, AT&T, Nike etc. Those whom he says have slighted him or had views in opposition to his agenda.

Now he has a changed tune, saying its unfair to penalize a company because a company supports him.

So, according to Donald Trump:

Corporations have a right to use money to influence voters and policy. But consumers and voters do not have a right to use money to influence corporations?
Don't forget his proposing to change the libel laws to make it easier to sue newspapers for defamation, also saying he wishes the US was more like Britain in restricting what the media can print or put on their websites (I thought conservatives were all for "free speech").

Old 07-11-2019, 12:10 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
How about Agent Orange spends more time actually trying to act like like POTUS and less time tweeting?

Old 07-11-2019, 12:50 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't know a single person IRL who boycotts anything because someone doesn't like what the CEO said. They need a new toilet seat they are going to HD or Lowes, whichever is closer. If you have a HD in your town you may know someone who works there and it would seem stupid to people to boycott because OTHER PEOPLE don't care for the CEO.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:40 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,305,335 times
Everyone knows that SJW boycott leftists can barely even change their own light bulbs. They certainly aren't buying any tools or lumber or actual materials. Home depot may lose out on some interior paint sales (can leftists even paint? doubtful), but overall the "boycott" will have zero impact on Home Depot sales.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:42 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
On my way to Home Depot right now. Great store. Super product selection. And on top of all that... supporting a president who helps the middle class. Makes me really feel good about spending my money at Home Depot.

Mr. President Trump you’re my favorite president as well!

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-takes-t...021920781.html

Those 'people' are insane. Just the true definition of deplorable.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:25 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
This effort is nothing less than fascism. They arent boycotting over a particular issue or cause or anything Home Depot has done but merely because a company principal supports the opposition party.
Home Depot is the largest chain of home improvement stores in the world. Its prices are lower than its competitors, and has more locations.
Let the fascists do as they please, they will only hurt themselves.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Vicious I tell you, simply vicious. LOL

You would think they were bombing innocent civilians or something.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
If Home Depot is gonna get into the Trump Train, maybe I should just pay off my account and use my Lowe’s account instead.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:40 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Been pretty much boycotting them for years anyway. Lowes just seems brighter, cleaner, more friendly. I never cared much for the color orange either. Gotta love that Lowes provides parking for veterans and if you bring in your DD214 and get your veteran status on file, you get 10% off every time, all the time on everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies