Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 12:15 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
It certainly was. Must've just slipped from your mind. As I'm sure this boycott will as well for most people in a month tops.
I was too busy shopping at Home Depot in a very liberal state to pay attention to people getting their panties in a wad over something so minimal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 12:20 PM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I was too busy shopping at Home Depot in a very liberal state to pay attention to people getting their panties in a wad over something so minimal.
OK.

But you asked where it was, and I showed it was there.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:25 PM

19,800 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Why would liberals not visit Home Depot as often as Conservatives.

I buy my garden stuff there, dh buys stuff there all the time, and I just heard they allow you to bring your dog in with you.

What's not to like, lol? Liberals plant gardens and fix up the house. We're buying a new shower head next--I don't get why we wouldn't go to Home Depot.
Because -- and, yes, this is opinion, but it is based on many years of reading the City Data P&OC forum -- I think that most liberals are urban dwellers, and they either live in apartments with maintenance people or they are wealthy enough to hire workers to do things like landscaping and home repairs for them. There are liberal homeowners, too, of course, but I believe they are not as common as working-to-middle-class conservative homeowners; and I think this was shown by the 2016 election results.

I could be wrong, of course.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:26 PM

995 posts, read 1,694,652 times
Liberals have soft hands. Don't use tools.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:37 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Who started this - Jeff Bezos?
Nobody, it's probably just right-wing propaganda. A few "libs" choose to spend their dollars in another place to support their values, and some RWNJ posts a video about how ALL LIBS do this or that. I can almost guarantee you that a huge majority of Libs have never even heard of this boycott.

RWNJ's and Trump supporters don't have anything to offer, so they make stuff up to make Libs look crazy. The base eats it up, the rest of the world simply doesn't care.

Me: I don't care if the CEO, a hired person supports Trump. To me, it is not a positive, but it's his choice to vote as he wishes. It might discourage me from investing in their stock, but not on moral grounds, I just don't want to invest in someone who thinks Trump is good for the long-term health of America. My opinion is that he's not, so I would not invest in someone who I disagree with. That is simple dollars and sense (spelled intentionally).

Old 07-09-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
OK.

But you asked where it was, and I showed it was there.
I asked where this outrage was then like it is now. I can tell you it was not there. If it was more articles other than Forbes would easily be found.
I find it hilarious that Home Depot was on the list of places to shop on this article from 2016.
https://www.advocate.com/business/20...-shop-not-shop

I still stand by this being FALSE outrage.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:51 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
LOL, good luck libs

Home depot almost certainly has a higher concentration of Trump supporters than most other stores.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:53 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
I can't imagine that soy boys, beta males, antifa, pussyhats, and BLM do much shopping at Home Depot.

LOL

Old 07-09-2019, 01:01 PM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I asked where this outrage was then like it is now. I can tell you it was not there. If it was more articles other than Forbes would easily be found.
I find it hilarious that Home Depot was on the list of places to shop on this article from 2016.
https://www.advocate.com/business/20...-shop-not-shop

I still stand by this being FALSE outrage.
Just hard to find now because it's overwhelmed by the recent coverage. But it was all over the place. The #boycotthomedepot hashtag being used in this round 2 dates to 2016.

https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=%23b...01-01&src=typd
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ho...-donald-trump/

The fact that there's a round two, for the same issue is in itself hilarious.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Just hard to find now because it's overwhelmed by the recent coverage. But it was all over the place. The #boycotthomedepot hashtag being used in this round 2 dates to 2016.

https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=%23b...01-01&src=typd
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ho...-donald-trump/

The fact that there's a round two, for the same issue is in itself hilarious.
Sigh...you really don't get it. In 2016 it was not TRENDING<----- this is a twitter thing, like it is today. FALSE OUTRAGE.

Your second link....proves that Marcus is RETIRED.

What one does with their retirement (regardless of who it is from) is their choice. It does not reflect on where they retire from. Lets just say you retired from Home Depot....if you donated your money from your retirement to say Bernie does that represent Home Depot?

Do you get it now? Do you get how this is a very false outrage? Do you see how silly this is.

Have a good day if you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies