Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 08:37 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times

Advertisements

Actually... no, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ydRy4TkEw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 08:47 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNTv10SJO4

Lunatic Liberal Boycotts have all backfired.
WHY?
You mean like the Montgomery bus boycotts?

Or how about the boycott of North Carolina until they repealed hb2? Which they did btw.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Do people really allow politics to dictate where they get their grass seeds and 2x4s from?

Do liberals really avoid Chik Fil A and Home Depot? Do conservatives really avoid Amazon and Target?

It's one thing to be passionate about politics, but are there a lot of people who actually go far enough to where they don't shop at certain places solely because of the ownership's political beliefs?

Genuine question.
Yup all the time. Haven’t been to a chick fil a in years. I haven’t made up my mind about Home Depot yet. I don’t shop at Walmart because of their policies and I am considering leaving amazon for similar issues. I also avoid a whole list of brands for various policy/political reasons. I try to be a conscientious consumer to that best of my ability.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What is the bolded based on.....nothing?
Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Does it have to make an impact? Can’t someone personally choose to boycott to take a stand for themselves?
Of course everyone is entitled to spend their dollars where and how they see fit.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Liberals mostly live in trailer parks in a single wide without a lawn...not sure if they would have a requirement to shop at Home Depot. Seen a few illegals picked up for day work if that counts.

Can't vouch for Chik-Fil-A as there are none where I live in fact the nearest KFC is about 25 miles away in another town. I assume people where I live aren't big on Chicken.
Liberals mostly live in urban areas, not exactly rife with trailers. Have you been to the north east? Mostly liberal and decidedly not as you describe.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:44 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Question to posters who are expressing their outrage and condescension toward all liberals regarding this topic: I ask if you know that the boycott tactic and bullying methods are favorites of Donald Trump?

Before and after becoming president he repeatedly advised consumers to snub companies and labels, he says, have harmed him or ignored him personally, or have somehow interfered or opposed his administration's agenda. For example:

He slammed Macy’s, when they dropped his failing clothing line after he called all Mexicans rapists in 2015.

He targeted Apple after hounding them to release the cellphone information of citizens following the San Bernardino shooting.

Last year, he gleefully announced plans to boycott Harley-Davidson when the motorcycle company said it would move some production overseas because of his steel tariffs.

He went after Megyn Kelly on Fox when he told his Twitter followers to boycott her show.

He told customers of AT&T to drop their service in an effort to bully CNN to improve its coverage of him.

Then we have Nike and the NFL, etc.

Harley-Davidson and AT&T were done with his presidential power in an effort to inflict damage on private companies. So were the NFL and Nike and many more. Of course now he has a changed tune, saying its unfair to penalize a company because a company supports him.

According to some, on this forum, and to Donald Trump: Corporations have a right to use money to influence voters and policy. But consumers and voters do not have a right to use money to influence corporations?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.dfc726755071

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-10-2019 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: grammatical error

Old 07-10-2019, 10:22 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
I needed some home improvement goods last weekend, and even though a couple competing stores were a bit closer I went to home depot instead.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Question to posters who are expressing their outrage and condescension toward all liberals regarding this topic: I ask if you know that the boycott tactic and bullying methods are favorites of Donald Trump?
We know it, but it's not his favorite tactic, but it's part of his arsenal of making deals. FYI...He will also bestow unwarranted praise and adoration on tyrants.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. It may be easier as an example of how............ "good cop bad cop", works.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
What percentage of stuff in HD is made in China?

Do "conservatives" support a boycott for that reason?

Old 07-10-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
What percentage of stuff in HD is made in China?

Do "conservatives" support a boycott for that reason?
A lot

No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies