Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 12:51 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,972,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yes, nonsense. Dude, I'm from the EU - the username clues in most people. You don't know what you're talking about.

..sadly, i do...but you can hold on to your beliefs, no matter how incorrect they are....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 12:52 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,823,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...see what i mean....one can not even ask a question about it...
Asking a question is not the same as denying it happened. But far be it from me to ruin the perfectly good persecution complex you've got going on here.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Asking a question is not the same as denying it happened. But far be it from me to ruin the perfectly good persecution complex you've got going on here.

...where did i say i believed 'it did not happen'...

...i'm sorry you are so triggered...

Old 07-09-2019, 01:10 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,018,373 times
That the Holocaust happened is pretty cut and dried. I’ve seen attempts to blame Arabs or Muslims for it, which is laughable. It was a purely European operation in conception and execution, and not just the Germans either. Austrians, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Estonians, Latvians, Croatians, Belorussians, Cossacks, and Hungarians played tremendous roles. Their roles as collaborators are responsible for adding millions to the final death tally.

Why people bother with Holocaust deniers goes over my head. Why argue with kooks?

Old 07-09-2019, 01:13 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,127,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That the Holocaust happened is pretty cut and dried. I’ve seen attempts to blame Arabs or Muslims for it, which is laughable. It was a purely European operation in conception and execution, and not just the Germans either. Austrians, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Estonians, Latvians, Croatians, Belorussians, Cossacks, and Hungarians played tremendous roles. Their roles as collaborators are responsible for adding millions to the final death tally.

Why people bother with Holocaust deniers goes over my head. Why argue with kooks?
Absolutely, 100% correct. I visited Oswiecim. Polish for Auschwitz. I swear, you could almost hear the walls of the structures screaming. A ghastly place.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, nonsense. Dude, I'm from the EU - the username clues in most people. You don't know what you're talking about.

...dane, my man...start with these...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_a...locaust_denial

https://www.oxfordscholarship.com/vi...8922-chapter-6

Old 07-09-2019, 01:18 PM

27,537 posts, read 15,961,225 times
A question I left school with- Why were other atrocities hardly mentioned, yet we are reminded of holocaust always? “The holocaust shakedown”?

Old 07-09-2019, 01:24 PM

29,946 posts, read 18,510,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is only a fringe group of people who deny that the Holocaust happened.

The real question is - Why is the Holocaust so often treated as uniquely evil when such things have happened elsewhere and throughout history?

Maybe it's because the Holocaust was the most well-documented genocide of all time.
1. I think you are right- it is one of the genocides that has been well documented. There is reams of documents, photographs, and video evidence of the camps.

2. It occurred in Europe, in contrast to other acts which, albeit just as heinous, is not a proximal to us, given that the heritage of the US is predominantly European.

3. It is relatively recent in history. Genocides have occurred throughout history- however this is more fresh in the minds of people, as there are still some survivors today.

4. It resulted in a significant geopolitical change- Israel was created directly as a result of the Holocaust

5. The perpetrator of the genocide was defeated, thus there was no "cover up" of the act

6. It happened in an advanced state, not a remote third world nation.

7. It is one of the few genocides for which there have been a number of novels, as well as movies in the entertainment industry.

8. There are many museums around the world which describe the Holocaust.

All of the above contribute to making the Holocaust stand out compared to other acts of genocide.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:24 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,018,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Absolutely, 100% correct. I visited Oswiecim. Polish for Auschwitz. I swear, you could almost hear the walls of the structures screaming. A ghastly place.
I took that trip myself. I wish I hadn’t.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,474,664 times
Quote:
Since it's not 'A Dane in LA', it really doesn't. Dane is a man's name here. I always thought your name was Dane and you were living in LA....but that doesn't even tell me if it's Los Angeles or Louisiana.

See how easy it is to NOT get your user name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies