Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 04:18 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
LEGAL immigrants are definitely a net plus. They are what made America so great in the first place.

ILLEGAL aliens? Well, i don't like the fact that they are illegal. But because they can't collect social security or many other benefit programs, fiscally they are even more of a net plus.

I wouldn't say states are fighting over who gets them, but if they are such a drain, why are cities with large populations of illegals, such as New York, San Francisco and LA, declaring sanctuary status?
No they aren't! Even factoring the taxes that they do pay they still cost us over $100 billion a year. Those who are working for cash aren't paying into SS anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 04:19 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump is winning the border war. Majority of Americans Want Mass Removals if Congress Fails to Act on asylum loopholes.

Its really just commonsense !!!

Poll: Majority of Americans Want Mass Removals if Congress Fails to Act
https://www.numbersusa.com/news/poll...ress-fails-act

[ICE agents are] ready to just perform their mission which is to go and find and detain and then deport the approximately one million people who have final removal orders.

Poll: Majority Wants Mass Deportations Following Congressional ...
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...onal-inaction/
I have said for a LONG time, Democrats are misreading the electorate on this one.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:22 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Has he managed to get the Mexican government to pay for that wall he promised?

Old 07-10-2019, 04:22 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump is winning the border war. Majority of Americans Want Mass Removals if Congress Fails to Act on asylum loopholes.

Its really just commonsense !!!

Poll: Majority of Americans Want Mass Removals if Congress Fails to Act
https://www.numbersusa.com/news/poll...ress-fails-act

[ICE agents are] ready to just perform their mission which is to go and find and detain and then deport the approximately one million people who have final removal orders.

Poll: Majority Wants Mass Deportations Following Congressional ...
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...onal-inaction/
The same 1/2 that always was. But the question referred to those with prior removal orders. It’s a mixed bag. I’d say most have no clue to what that even means. But we know all trumpettes are at 100%. Btw the kids are going to hate this generation.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:23 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
If Trump releases those immigrant hostages to their country of origin he d win by a landslide in 2020.

Sadly he could never organize such a humanitarian rescue.

He s so preoccupied with avoiding an international trial for crimes against humanity he cant see straight.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:24 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
LEGAL immigrants are definitely a net plus. They are what made America so great in the first place.

ILLEGAL aliens? Well, i don't like the fact that they are illegal. But because they can't collect social security or many other benefit programs, fiscally they are even more of a net plus.

I wouldn't say states are fighting over who gets them, but if they are such a drain, why are cities with large populations of illegals, such as New York, San Francisco and LA, declaring sanctuary status?
Per the bolded --- How can anyone believe that nonsense?

It's incredibly naive to think that illegals don't collect welfare. Plenty who have engaged in ID theft then go and apply for welfare. Plus, once illegals drop an anchor baby, said anchor baby is eligible for welfare programs such as EBT, WIC and Section 8 housing. When that happens, the whole family benefits.

They can't collect SS? If you believe that, then I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you. Once again, those who commit ID theft have indeed filed to collect SS and the true owner of that SS number suffers greatly due to that. Try reading about the h*ll ID theft victims get put through. Did you know that someone right now could be using your SSN but not with your name attached to it? When that happens, the SSA won't tell you. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing a tax return on a job you never worked. Even more despicable, there is a loophole in the law that says you can use someone else's SSN as long as you don't use your name with it.

What meager rent illegals pay living in flophouses with 15 or more people doesn't even make a dent in the cost of educating their kids. To give you an example, where I live, a house has to be assessed at $1 million to cover the education of one child.

Illegals like to use the ER as their personal doctor. Who do you think pays for that? Certainly not the illegals!

Educate yourself! Once you do, you will realize just how ridiculous it is to say that illegals are "a net plus".

Here---I'll give you a good starting point:

https://www.irli.org/single-post/201...SAAEgLWXPD_BwE

Old 07-10-2019, 04:27 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Democrats have been denying a crisis at the border for the past 2 years. Totally out of step with what Americans care about/.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:29 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
If Trump releases those immigrant hostages to their country of origin he d win by a landslide in 2020.

Sadly he could never organize such a humanitarian rescue.

He s so preoccupied with avoiding an international trial for crimes against humanity he cant see straight.
That’s some genuine liberal gibberish right there. Not an accurate thing about it but genuine.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:31 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not a loophole. Nothing has changed. You still have to tell your story to the courts.

There also doesn't have to be a war for one to be politically persecuted. Snowden can tell you about that.
22 million illegals released documents about the abuse of intelligence agencies in their home countries? Show us.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
22 million illegals released documents about the abuse of intelligence agencies in their home countries? Show us.
I don't think you understood what I said but these kinds of worthless replies are pretty common.

We have no internal war but yet we politically prosecute people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies