Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Instead of writing them off republicans should try to get their votes.
And they know that. After Obama was re-elected in 2012 - the Republicans did a deep review of what went wrong and determined that they needed to cast their nets a little wider. Instead - they elected Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 10:46 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,729,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I accept that the world is changing. You want to keep pretending it's 1950 and white men will always rule the world. Good luck with that.
Can we dispel with the black and white thinking here? I'm more of an independent then a GOP supporter and the only reason I've sided with Trump is because the liberal party has just gone bat**** crazy extreme liberal. Even Trump himself stated in his SOTU a path to citizenship would be offered for some while we deport the criminals and I thought this was a great compromise. Nothing has happened, however, because of the stubborn Republicans wanting to deport them all and the Dems wanting to apparently let them all stay including the criminals.

I have a problem with illegals, the billions of dollars we spend on them, and the lives lost that didn't have to be. I don't have a problem with immigration and legal immigrants. We're all losing, due to the inaction and squabbling over the issue.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
I don’t understand how the democrats can be for the working class and against income inequality yet for open borders and mass migration. It defies logic. Importing tens of millions of poor people will make inequalities far worse.
You’re absolutely right: it’s impossible to be for the working class and for illegal immigration. That’s why a significant portion of the working class defected from the Democrats to the Republicans in 2016.

Based on the Democratic primary debates, the Democrats will probably lose that same portion of the working class in 2020.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:02 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
The DNC platform does NOT include open borders or support for illegal immigration. What a bunch of nonsense.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:06 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
The DNC platform does NOT include open borders or support for illegal immigration. What a bunch of nonsense.
The majority of democratic presidential candidates support decriminalizing entering the county illegally. Something like 20 of the 25 declared candidates and every single one supports providing healthcare to illegals, every single one. How is that not open borders? Do you remotely understand how many poor people would come here if it wasn’t a crime? The number is in the hundreds of millions.

Last edited by cttransplant85; 07-10-2019 at 11:17 AM..

Old 07-10-2019, 11:08 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Keep in mind Hispanic is not a race it’s an ethnicity. White is the largest race within the ethnicity, 53% of US Hispanics are white, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are Hispanic by the governments definition. They also intermarry with non-Hispanic whites at astronomical rates, over 50% of mixed ethnic marriages are white-Hispanic. They are also one of the most Christian demographics. It could be worse for republicans. There’s no guarantee that they will stay loyal to the democrats, especially as their share of the wealth grows and more of them own homes and businesses. 50% of them vote republican in Florida and close to 50% vote republican in Texas for example.
Good points overall, the bolded in particular.

Kind of ironic too, all things considered.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
in US, 52% of population growth. Well I guess on the bright side we’ve have unlimited choices for TACOS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ulation-growth
Quote:
Mitch McConnell is single handedly blocking election security bills.

While the issue of Russian collusion is very clearly politically charged, concerns about election security and foreign interference have historically been more bipartisan. As Mitch McConnell has made clear, however, that’s no longer the case.

Although several Republican-controlled Senate committees are still trying to address potential meddling by foreign adversaries — the Judiciary Committee approved two election security bills last week — the Senate majority leader now says he won’t even bring election security bills up for a vote. It’s a position McConnell took last year, and one he’s standing by as pressure has ramped up to consider reinforcing US defenses ahead of 2020.

https://the-immoral-minority.com/mit...ecurity-bills/
Aside from all the other examples I provided in another post on this thread, which party is stacking the deck OP???

Old 07-10-2019, 12:09 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
in US, 52% of population growth. Well I guess on the bright side we’ve have unlimited choices for TACOS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ulation-growth
And yet the republicans claim that they are not racists. This fear and loathing of Hispanics from the party of old white men is disgusting.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:26 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
To paraphrase the OP:

Waah! The world is changing! I don't like change! Waah! It's not fair! White people should always rule everything! Waah, waah, waah!

Heh.
Who are the "white people"? Is it the American people of Greek origin, Italians, Ukrainian, Iranian, Egyptian, Irish, Swedish, etc.?

Old 07-10-2019, 12:28 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
And yet the republicans claim that they are not racists. This fear and loathing of Hispanics from the party of old white men is disgusting.
50% of Hispanic people in the US consider themselves to be white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies